Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colts wave Josh Robinson

vCash

Colts wave Josh Robinson

vCash
    I hate it for him, but it isn't surprising.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Wish he could play for us Saturday

vCash
    I saw all I wanted to see last year on that. And Bama's run D is only better. I'd like to have JRob the final two weeks. Esp against Arky.

vCash
    Yeah, he might have won us the LSU and A&M games, but probably a non-factor this Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Yeah, he might have won us the LSU and A&M games, but probably a non-factor this Saturday.
    Exactly. J-Rob away from being undefeated.

vCash
    I hate it for him, looks like Gore had much more in the tank than many of us thought. Hope he gets at least one more opportunity.

vCash
    Every time I saw him play for the Colts, he had pass pro problems.

vCash
    I hate that for Robinson but I'm sure he'll get another shot somewhere.
    In more positive news Matt Wells made the Rams practice squad this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    I hate it for him, looks like Gore had much more in the tank than many of us thought. Hope he gets at least one more opportunity.
    Gore isn't the problem. Bradshaw coming back is the problem. Bradshaw is a better fit for that offense - he was there last year, and is a better third down back.

Hopefully JRob catches on somewhere that's a better fit for his skill set.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I hate it for him, but it isn't surprising.
    It's surprising to me since JRob opened the season as their #2 back. Saints just lost Khiry Robinson maybe they'll give JRob a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    This is the reason. He let Luck get creamed at least once every time I tuned in to watch him. They gave him a shot, but you can't play RB in the NFL if you can't pass protect. Hate it for him, but not surprising.

vCash
    I wish we could sign him, as others have said.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    It's surprising to me since JRob opened the season as their #2 back. Saints just lost Khiry Robinson maybe they'll give JRob a chance.
    You obviously haven't kept up with Colts football (not a knock against you), but this has been coming for a few weeks.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    This is the reason. He let Luck get creamed at least once every time I tuned in to watch him. They gave him a shot, but you can't play RB in the NFL if you can't pass protect. Hate it for him, but not surprising.
    Was JRob in the game when Luck got his spleen lacerated? Watch the Colts go undefeated with Hasselback. Andrew Luck is overrated. Luck has the worst QBR in the league on passes over 10 yards.

vCash
    He wasn't very good at pass protection in college, either. Thought maybe someone would have taught him better in the pros, or maybe he's just incapable of pass blocking well.

vCash
    I predict he'll be signed within 2 weeks. Probably less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Was JRob in the game when Luck got his spleen lacerated? Watch the Colts go undefeated with Hasselback. Andrew Luck is overrated. Luck has the worst QBR in the league on passes over 10 yards.
    Luck isn't the point. He would have let guys run straight past him no matter who was behind him at QB. The point is JRob isn't presently good enough at pass pro to be more than a situational back in the NFL, which there isn't a lot of room for anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    He wasn't very good at pass protection in college, either. Thought maybe someone would have taught him better in the pros, or maybe he's just incapable of pass blocking well.
    He seems to do ok if he has a clear assignment, but can't pick up a blitz. We could disguise it in college in our offense, but it's an absolute must in the NFL.

vCash
    Luck isn't the point. He would have let guys run straight past him no matter who was behind him at QB. The point is JRob isn't presently good enough at pass pro to be more than a situational back in the NFL, which there isn't a lot of room for anymore.

He seems to do ok if he has a clear assignment, but can't pick up a blitz. We could disguise it in college in our offense, but it's an absolute must in the NFL.
    That's what I saw. Somebody runs a stunt or sends a blitz from somewhere, and he was lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Actually, it was fumblitis. Had him on one of my fantasy teams as a sleeper. Ball security was why he fell down to 4th on the depth chart. He was initially the clear #2 to Gore.

ETA: Not saying pass pro wasn't an issue. But him coughing up the ball was the bigger problem, according to sources.
    Last edited by War Machine Dawg; 11-12-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22