Thread: Listening to Tom Luginbill

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Listening to Tom Luginbill

he seems to really think we have a problem in not being able to run against Bama.

I don't see that as a problem at all. We couldn't run Troy. Who cares.

I think a lot of analyst are missing the boat thinking that if we cant run, we cant win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    he seems to really think we have a problem in not being able to run against Bama.

I think a lot of analyst are missing the boat thinking that if we cant run, we cant win.
    Totally agreed. No one can run against Bama. Therefore, the teams who run really well and rely on it offensively are actually at a comparative disadvantage against Bama.

The fact that we can't run doesn't mean we have a better chance of beating Bama than a team like LSU; but the fact that we pass much better than them does because we will both have similar success on the ground even though they're a much better running team than we are.

vCash

I'm with you, Chew... "run" (in its typical context) and "win" are likely mutually exclusive in this situation...

maybe it's a wacky wild card? dunno why it's even a "topic"...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Luginbill has been touting that our offensive line sucks since he saw us in the 1st half of the LSU game. Problem is, I don't think he's seen us play since 1st half against LSU & our pass blocking has infinitely improved since then.

I don't think being able to run the ball is a big deal against Bama. We'll rush for 75-100 yards on Saturday through Dak scrambling. So there's your rushing yards

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Also, I'm not saying we're gonna win. I just think the ability to run the ball does not figure into the equation. Not for us, this year. This is also probably a good thing as it will force Mullen to air it out.. (fingers crossed)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Luginbill has been touting that our offensive line sucks since he saw us in the 1st half of the LSU game. Problem is, I don't think he's seen us play since 1st half against LSU & our pass blocking has infinitely improved since then.

I don't think being able to run the ball is a big deal against Bama. We'll rush for 75-100 yards on Saturday through Dak scrambling. So there's your rushing yards
    the latter is probable... the former confuses me.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Stop letting these "Jeremy Johnson for Heisman", "Auburn will win the West", "Bearsharts will contend for west" ignorant asshats get you worked up. They have a relatively easy job and continuously f*ck it up because they are idiots. They get paid to be wrong. Wish my profession overlooked being wrong more times than not. Shit I'd be retired by 35 if I had the accountability as the Lugenbamblers, Asschaps, and Sally's of the sports industry. Bunch of ignorant f*cking morons. Once you understand that, you will tune them out and just watch the games.

vCash

How many times am I going to have to post that he is a cock sucker just like all the other ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    the latter is probable... the former confuses me.
    It confuses you that running the ball against you guys isn't a big deal?

I'll put it this way...running the ball successfully against Bama would be a big deal, but since even great running teams can't run the ball successfully against Bama, being able to run the ball is not a big deal when playing Bama. Leonard Fournette averaged less than 2 ypc against Bama, so Leonard Fournette and Ashton Shumpert are essentially the same back when playing Bama. That actually helps us relative to them.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's some numbers from an ESPN article from today that is interesting...

Entering Saturday?s meeting with Mississippi State, Alabama is 3-1 the week after the past four LSU games. The Tide scored an average of 19.9 points per game fewer than its season averages the week after LSU and gained an average of 70.4 fewer yards. The defense surrendered 2.6 points per game more than its season trend and gave up 47.9 more yards in that small sample size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Here's some numbers from an ESPN article from today that is interesting...

Entering Saturday?s meeting with Mississippi State, Alabama is 3-1 the week after the past four LSU games. The Tide scored an average of 19.9 points per game fewer than its season averages the week after LSU and gained an average of 70.4 fewer yards. The defense surrendered 2.6 points per game more than its season trend and gave up 47.9 more yards in that small sample size.
    Sounds good... Only problem is all 3 of the wins were vs us. aTm was the loss.

'11 -- 24-7 bama
    '13 -- 20-7 bama
    '14 -- 25-20 bama

We've done a good job on defense... Offense has to find a way to score 27-30 points

vCash
    It's always an advantage to play a team after they play LSU the previous week..
    Our last 3 games will fit that mold..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Certainly it is. Missing Dak in '13 could've been the difference. In '11, bama was really good and we weren't, but the game was fairly close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    yep- as worried as I am about UPig coming off the Bammer game- UPig will be coming off 2 road games vs Northern Miss and LSU
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is