Thread: Awesome tweet from Malik...

vCash

Awesome tweet from Malik...

@iammaliknewman: So far with recruiting I'm 3/3 😏

I love it

vCash
    They were supposed to MRI his turf toe today... I hope he's ready ready

vCash
    those that are on that newfangled twitter machine....ask him if he expects to 4/4 after tomorrow!!!

vCash
    It's awesome he helped with Kegler knowing he won't even get to play with Kegler. Malik is a bulldog, not a hired gun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's awesome he helped with Kegler knowing he won't even get to play with Kegler. Malik is a bulldog, not a hired gun
    Yep that's why I loved the tweet so much. He wants MSU to be great, even after he's gone

vCash
    Who says he won't play with them? I'm sure these guys are coming with an expectation to actually play aside Newman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Who says he won't play with them? I'm sure these guys are coming with an expectation to actually play aside Newman.
    I think Newman is 1 and done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    No, Kegler knows he's a one and done. And Kegler is most likely a one and done.

Banned
    vCash
    Maybe Howland will get the Lakers to draft Malik to return the favor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Maybe Howland will get the Lakers to draft Malik to return the favor
    I'm hoping for Memphis, New Orleans, or atlanta. I want a reason to like the nba again and a local team having a bulldog would do that

Banned
    vCash
    I'm hoping for Memphis, New Orleans, or atlanta. I want a reason to like the nba again and a local team having a bulldog would do that
    I'm thinking bigger. You gotta think Howland made lots of connections with the Lakers while coaching Los Angeles favorite college basketball team for a decade. What if Malik ends up being NBA All-Star type good? I want MSU to be in the biggest spotlight possible with Malik. Imagine watching MSU's Malik Newman in Laker purple & gold on ABC Christmas Day dropping 35 on LeBron. I just skipped about a billion steps but my eyes are big right now.

vCash
    It cannot be over stated the importance and talent of Malik Newman. As much as Howland, Newman was the perfect fit at the perfect time for MSU.

As much as MN wanted to be a dawg, he most likely would not have come under Ray. Howland and Newman were a match (wish) when the decision was made to fire Ray. Who knows, Howland may not have come if it weren't for the chance of getting Malik.....

We will have Malik Newman to thank for years for getting this program back on its' feet and it appears dominant much more quickly than any us could have imagined. Malik is so well liked and thought of (due to his talent on the court and goodness off it) by those national talents that played with him, MSU has hit the trifecta with him.

He will most likely be a one and done (unless he is injured) but the affects of him being here one year will be felt for many to come. He has been raised the right way......hats off to Horatio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    It cannot be over stated the importance and talent of Malik Newman. As much as Howland, Newman was the perfect fit at the perfect time for MSU.

As much as MN wanted to be a dawg, he most likely would not have come under Ray. Howland and Newman were a match (wish) when the decision was made to fire Ray. Who knows, Howland may not have come if it weren't for the chance of getting Malik.....

We will have Malik Newman to thank for years for getting this program back on its' feet and it appears dominant much more quickly than any us could have imagined. Malik is so well liked and thought of (due to his talent on the court and goodness off it) by those national talents that played with him, MSU has hit the trifecta with him.

He will most likely be a one and done (unless he is injured) but the affects of him being here one year will be felt for many to come. He has been raised the right way......hats off to Horatio.
    Good post. +1

vCash

Bump for ^this^ great post. Well said.

Malik is a true fan favorite. Not just because he's a great player and seems to be a good dude...but because he came to a MSU program that most guys wouldn't come to, in hopes of reviving the program. It takes an unselfish and grounded guy to do something like that these days. I am already grateful for what this guy has done for our hoops program. I hope he kills it, is the #1 pick, and the greatest since MJ one day. I'm pulling for him.

Banned
    vCash
    He's the anti-Renardo Sydney. I know it's bad to beat a dead horse, but everything we wanted Sydney to be and he wasn't, Malik is ten fold. Sydney destroyed one era of MSU basketball. Malik will be in on the birth of a new one, one that we couldn't have dreamed of five years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    He's the anti-Renardo Sydney. I know it's bad to beat a dead horse, but everything we wanted Sydney to be and he wasn't, Malik is ten fold. Sydney destroyed one era of MSU basketball. Malik will be in on the birth of a new one, one that we couldn't have dreamed of five years ago.
    +1

vCash
    Im with ya

vCash
    Yes

vCash

Great post!

vCash
    Send him to Dallas. I might have a reason to go or even watch a game... NBA is still at the bottom of bottom of sports I care to watch.