Thread: #20 in Coaches Poll

vCash

#20 in Coaches Poll

Good thing this poll means ugats.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 11-08-2015 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    Not surprising though. We were low in both the AP and Coaches. The committee I think sees that we were a 52 yard FG away from being tied with Bama for the SEC West lead right now. The playoff committee should have us at least at #16

vCash
    We'll hit 16 in the "real" poll this week and that's all that matters. The coaches are a bunch of B1G, Big 12 and Pac 12 fools. Still hatin' on the SEC, even when the league is down a bit over the past couple of years.

vCash
    Its all self correcting.. We win our next three and the polls will take care of themselves

vCash
    This shows that we will make a significant jump in the playoff poll in my opinion. The only poll that matters from here on out is the playoff poll. It's the one that ESPN uses on their games now when showing top 25 scores. I expect us to be anywhere from 15-17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Not surprising though. We were low in both the AP and Coaches. The committee I think sees that we were a 52 yard FG away from being tied with Bama for the SEC West lead right now. The playoff committee should have us at least at #16
    11 voters vs 150 voters who probably had an assistant vote for them.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    This shows that we will make a significant jump in the playoff poll in my opinion. The only poll that matters from here on out is the playoff poll. It's the one that ESPN uses on their games now when showing top 25 scores. I expect us to be anywhere from 15-17.
    15 minimum. We have played more like a top 10 team the last few weeks. Based on what happened yesterday I see 12-15 playoff ranking.

vCash
    The AP and Coaches poll are, as they always have been, group-think polls from unqualified people.

The playoff poll is done by committee that spends quite a bit of time watching as many games as possible and having some discussion about where teams should be ranked. While you may agree or disagree with the results, it is very obvious they are simply trying to rank the best teams. They consider things one ought to consider when making a list of the best teams. And bullshit like "well they haven't lost yet, or they haven't lost since 6 weeks ago" doesn't come into the picture.