Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeris

vCash

Aeris

To me he just won the tailback job tonight despite the early drop. He shows some wiggle and burst that made the line look better. We're going to have to get some explosive plays against Bama and that means a lot of Bear, Dear, Aeris, Gray, Ross.

However he must be one of those guys that can't switch hands. Every time he ran left he kept the ball in his right hand.

Also a note that with the way Mizzou was trying to beat Malone at LT by going around the edge, running right at him was the right thing to do so long as the LG and C can hold any kind of block.

I worry about his ball security but we've got to take some changes against Bama.

vCash
    There's no doubt that he & Lee are the most talented backs. However, Mullen doesn't trust them.

I don't know why, but he doesn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    There's no doubt that he & Lee are the most talented backs. However, Mullen doesn't trust them.

I don't know why, but he doesn't.
    Exactly. And this is part of the reason we won't beat Bama or reach our potential.

vCash
    He doesn't trust them because of costly fumbles. We may have had a chance to come back and win the A&M game had Aeris not fumbled near the goal line. I think they're talented but the worry is definitely warranted.

vCash
    I can understand the worry even more if they have been doing it regularly in practice. Anyone in the know as to whether Williams and Lee have been fumbling in practice?

vCash
    Did lee play at all last night? And I'm sure I missed it, but where was Malik dear?

vCash
    It's ok for Holloway to fumble- but not Aeris or DLee apparently

DLee and Dear were supposedly hurt last nite.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Someone or somewhere hear or saw they didn't make the trip. Injury?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    They won't ever get better unless you let them make mistakes and learn. They are freshman. Play them. Unfortunately we have to absorb a few mistakes. You can't have them make a mistake and then not see them again for 3 weeks. It's not the way to do it.

vCash
    Holloway for his career 152 touches 2 fumbles, 1 lost. Williams 39 touches 1 fumble and it was lost. So yeah Holloway still has a much better track record for the coaches and they also have the benefit of seeing what they do in practice. Oh and since the A & M game Williams carries have increased in conference games. Shump didn't even touch the RB spot against Kentucky, you know conditions dictated when Williams got carries because of his issues protecting the ball. He ran well and his carries may increase some more and hopefully he is gaining the coaches trust he will protect the ball.

vCash
    I can almost guarantee that Mullen's issue with Aeris is ball security. It goes beyond "others have fumbled too, we need to take a chance with the young guy," and I think some of you saying it know that. Aeris obviously has a problem switching hands, and that's asking for a fumble against SEC teams. It's not just that we're risking a fumble by giving him carries, it's that he's GOING to get it stripped given enough of them (already happened against aTm). I really liked how Aeris looked last night and want to keep seeing him get experience, but he's going to have to learn to consistently put the ball in the right hand in traffic, as well as other little ball security details, before he'll be trusted with a heavy load.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    They won't ever get better unless you let them make mistakes and learn. They are freshman. Play them. Unfortunately we have to absorb a few mistakes. You can't have them make a mistake and then not see them again for 3 weeks. It's not the way to do it.
    When did we not see Williams for three weeks? His work load has increased since A & M & Troy.

vCash
    Everybody has written off Shumpet, but he had a decent game. He forced the fumble on the kickoff. His touchdown that was called back on the hold was an excellent individual effort on his part. He showed some flashes rushing. Not saying he's great, but he's also not as bad as everybody is saying. He still has the potential to make the play that wins a game for us.

The running game issue is getting critical. We can't beat Bama if we don't find a way to get three of four up the middle. Maybe we can, but I'd feel better if I knew that the Bama defense had to take our running back seriously.

Not sure what the solution is. Williams is getting better although that was a terrible drop. Not sure what we'll do, but I bet we have a chance to beat Bama late in the game next Saturday. Looking forward to it.

vCash
    All of this Aeris has problems fumbling is bullshit. He has one fumble and Dan doesn't let him play. Shumpert did the EXACT same thing against USM and if I'm not mistaken Holloway had at least two and obviously the one last night.

Williams has ONE in well over 30 carries and it's an "issue" and a problem? And I don't think Lee or Dear have one yet.

Banned
    vCash
    Williams should be our starting RB and anyone who can't see that is either blind or dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    When did we not see Williams for three weeks? His work load has increased since A & M & Troy.
    Shumpert had 8 carries. Aeris had 6. THAT IS THE PROBLEM with Dan Mullen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    All of this Aeris has problems fumbling is bullshit. He has one fumble and Dan doesn't let him play. Shumpert did the EXACT same thing against USM and if I'm not mistaken Holloway had at least two and obviously the one last night.

Williams has ONE in well over 30 carries and it's an "issue" and a problem? And I don't think Lee or Dear have one yet.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Williams should be our starting RB and anyone who can't see that is either blind or dumb.
    Or Dan Walsh.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It was a general statement. It's been our mo to see guys disappear after a mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yep. It's time.