Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So the Gunner Kiel deal is picking up steam...,

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Again, if a guy is willing to "give up" prior to any form of a QB competition, we do NOT need them as QB at MSU PERIOD. I see no reason that Kiel should have ANY bearing on Cord Sandberg's decisions. You really trying to tell me that Cord is going to concede his position as future QB of MSU to a guy he's never been in the same room with?

Cord would get 1/3 the scholarship money if he focused solely on baseball -- and if he was going to do that, why not go to Miami, Florida, or Florida St -- the local baseball powerhouses near home?

This "we are MSU -- we're getting screwed somehow" mentality is beyond ridiculous when we're a final option for the NUMBER ONE qb in the class of 2012 -- AND it's a good chance that Tebow-lite is here in the summer...
    I'm not trying to say he's just going to give up in the hypothetical case Kiel comes here. I'm saying there is guaranteed money sitting there in baseball and question marks around football. He can always come back and play football like several others have done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    I'm not trying to say he's just going to give up in the hypothetical case Kiel comes here. I'm saying there is guaranteed money sitting there in baseball and question marks around football. He can always come back and play football like several others have done.
    Not if he comes to college first. That starts his clock in all sports. Only way he'd be able to come back and play college football would be to go pro in baseball out of highschool...

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Not if he comes to college first. That starts his clock in all sports. Only way he'd be able to come back and play college football would be to go pro in baseball out of highschool...
    I was referring to Cord going to play pro baseball after high school.

vCash
    Kiel if he comes here will have ZERO effect on the decision on Cord to go pro in baseball or not... I would love to have Cord Dak and Keil batteling it out to see who starts.. Our fans kill me.. Most negative fans in the country.. No matter what out coaching staff tries to do its not a good decision. If Keil comes he will make Dak upset and transfer if Keil comes Cord will choose pro baseball and not come here.. Then the same ones bitch cause CDM cant get a QB..
    do i agree with all CDm and his staff does NO and yes we need to step up recruiting and get big time players here.. well here is the NUMBER ONE QB in the country just 2 years.. if he comes here and flames out so be it.. but its pretty good recruiting tool to use when u go tell a big time WR who his Qb may be..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Kiel if he comes here will have ZERO effect on the decision on Cord to go pro in baseball or not... I would love to have Cord Dak and Keil batteling it out to see who starts.. Our fans kill me.. Most negative fans in the country.. No matter what out coaching staff tries to do its not a good decision. If Keil comes he will make Dak upset and transfer if Keil comes Cord will choose pro baseball and not come here.. Then the same ones bitch cause CDM cant get a QB..
    do i agree with all CDm and his staff does NO and yes we need to step up recruiting and get big time players here.. well here is the NUMBER ONE QB in the country just 2 years.. if he comes here and flames out so be it.. but its pretty good recruiting tool to use when u go tell a big time WR who his Qb may be..

vCash
    Hell I want them all here. Competition at the position is what could turn one of them from a good/great QB here to a G.O.A.T. here.

vCash
    The more I think about it, the more I like bringing him in. If Dak decides he wants to be closer to his mom after this year, all of a sudden we are going to be starting either Cord or Damien Williams as RS Fr. QB with probably another true freshman in the mix. Having a RS freshman at QB in the SEC is a recipe for disaster usually and it likely means a 6-6 at best season.

If Dak stays, the competition between the two will likely make both better- thus making US better.

I think engie is right- if we don't get Kiel, we're probably going to have to go find a JUCO QB anyway.

vCash
    Top QB in the country, yet he couldn't beat out either of two very average QBs at ND last year. Not saying I wouldn't take him, because I would, but my expectations would be very tempered if he ends up here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Top QB in the country, yet he couldn't beat out either of two very average QBs at ND last year. Not saying I wouldn't take him, because I would, but my expectations would be very tempered if he ends up here.
    And Cam Newton's freshman year he was behind John Brantley.

vCash
    He be in at least year 3 before he's eligible to play, so that's RS Soph at minimum.

vCash
    Fair enough.

vCash
    Well, now Rosebowl is now saying that Gunner Kiel hasn't visited MSU, but a visit is likely in the cards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, now Rosebowl is now saying that Gunner Kiel hasn't visited MSU, but a visit is likely in the cards.
    Haha. Rosebowl gonna Rosebowl.

His sources must be a janitor and a lunch lady.

vCash
    Hope he visits for spring game. #noqb's

vCash
    Do we know when he is planning on making his decision by? Also, my thoughts are that high tide raises all ships. A little competition hurt no one.

vCash
    I've heard he's gonna be visiting pretty soon.. He wants to make a decision by may if I remember correctly