Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like plan B for a pitching coach

vCash
    Wes Johnson.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Dietrich also might not want to hitch his coaching wagon to Cohen's coaching wagon. I don't expect it, but another year like last year and Cohen could be job hunting.

vCash
    I wasn't looking forward to all our fans mispronouncing his name, anyway.

I'm sure Cohen had a list, and he didn't throw that list out the window when Dietrich got there.

vCash
    My guess is he wants to be head coach somewhere. He prob interviewed out of courtesy. He almost got a HC job last year. And I would bet he gets one next summer.

I would go with Wes Johnson.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Wes Johnson.
    This

vCash
    Kinda weird but maybe too much of a culture shock for the missus.

vCash
    This may end up being a blessing. If it wasn't right for Dietrich- ALL of us would suffer.

Plus, we might end up with the guy I wanted all along- Wes Johnson.

It has got to be easier to convince kids from Texas to come to MSU that it would have been to convince kids from California.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Kinda weird but maybe too much of a culture shock for the missus.
    I have to wonder if Gene freaked him out. Gene "just happened" to be at the same restaurant that Cohen and Dietrich were at and I'm pretty sure Gene goof trooped it up. At the very least I'm pretty sure he didn't represent our fan base well.

vCash
    Doesn't really make sense for Dietrich to leave Fullerton at this stage of his career unless it's for a head coaching job. He just used this opportunity to raise his profile. I bet he's a head coach within 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Doesn't really make sense for Dietrich to leave Fullerton at this stage of his career unless it's for a head coaching job. He just used this opportunity to raise his profile. I bet he's a head coach within 2 years.
    SEC is > whatever mid major conference that Cal State- Fullerton is in plus when he does get that head coaching job he would have some ties to the south for recruiting, plus a pay raise.

So, I think it would have made sense for Dietrich to come here from that standpoint. But if he feels like it's not right, I don't fault him. And it sounds like MSU had some reservations as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    SEC is > whatever mid major conference that Cal State- Fullerton is in plus when he does get that head coaching job he would have some ties to the south for recruiting, plus a pay raise.

So, I think it would have made sense for Dietrich to come here from that standpoint. But if he feels like it's not right, I don't fault him. And it sounds like MSU had some reservations as well.
    Nah, MSU pitching coach is only slightly better than Cal State Fullerton pitching coach. No need to switch jobs if you are close to a head gig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Nah, MSU pitching coach is only slightly better than Cal State Fullerton pitching coach. No need to switch jobs if you are close to a head gig.
    My guess is that he leveraged a better contract with his current gig by coming down here.

Either that or Cohen went Cohen. Lol

vCash
    [QUOTE=Irondawg;437458]guess the wife didn't like Mississippi[/QUO

I'm sure he got a better deal. However, even w that, he turned down way more money and WAY less in cost of living. This wasn't about money.....sorry copied wrong post somehow. Either way you would be correct!
    Last edited by Homedawg; 10-26-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    He was gonna have to wear all of Butchs leftover muu muus. Deal breaker.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    What? Cohen is the head coach....Avery was not even hired? What is your point here?
    Avery was not Bama's first choice..
    I'll tell you who else wasn't Bama's first choice...Nick Saban. They actually hired Rich Rod for like a day before he renigged on them. Then everybody laughed at how Bama was no longer a big player for coaches anymore and would have to settle for scraps. Yeah....that didn't happen.

vCash
    so....what now? We need a pitching coach asap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I wasn't looking forward to all our fans mispronouncing his name, anyway.
    Nothing wrong with a diet-rich in fiber.

vCash
    Somebody's auto-correct is playing jokes on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'll tell you who else wasn't Bama's first choice...Nick Saban. They actually hired Rich Rod for like a day before he renigged on them. Then everybody laughed at how Bama was no longer a big player for coaches anymore and would have to settle for scraps. Yeah....that didn't happen.
    That's not exactly true, that's when saban had told them no and no. They thought he wasn't coming and went to rich rod. Then they went back to saban with the last gasp effort and it worked. Miami had dropped a couple more games and the price went up!

vCash
    Probably were discussing game strategies ... "you make your best RBI man bunt with men in scoring position?" ... "you pull uninjured pitchers in mid count?" ... " you went a whole season with Adidas bats?" ... "really! I am so out of here" ... ( just pure speculation , of course )