Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bo just let the injury loose on radio

vCash
    Cleveland has improved a lot since the USM game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    That's rough. Tough senior season for Dak, not catching many breaks...
    If Dak gets through this season with a 9-3 MSU, he should be an All American. A season ending injury midway through the season to your best defender, to a really below average RB situation, replaced 3 senior OL in front of him, and have to play the schedule we have with the numbers he's been putting up. He should be an All American.

I don't care what kind of passes he's thrown, but no picks through 7 games with as much as he's thrown is ridiculous. And if we go 9-3 that means out of our last 5 games, he wins 4 of UK, @Mizzou, Bama, @Arkansas, OM. That's no cake walk right there and would be pretty damn impressive all things considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Do we go to more of a ball control offense to try and limit the amount of time the defense is on the field now?
    Gonna be hard to do that with the type of running game we have right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Gonna be hard to do that with the type of running game we have right now.
    Yep. It can be done, but it will take the right personnel and some imagination from Dan's play calling. But it can be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Cleveland has improved a lot since the USM game.
    I agree. He's certainly had his shaky moments, but I actually thought these last two games were his best to-date. He's clearly better than smokey at this point (as he should be, given smokey is new to the position).

vCash
    Seems to me that Cleveland played better overall his past two seasons than he has this season. He just seems to get beaten badly on a lot of basic routes that aren't even run that well by receivers. I have seen him get totally crossed up multiple times on an out route that the receiver rounded off instead of making a good sharp cut. Cleveland ended up 7 yards away when the guy caught it. Multiple times.

But he looked promising last year, so maybe being "the guy" on that side will get him going. He's a hell of a blitzer...I wouldn't mind seeing him play a nickel/rover that blitzes and helps in run/short pass support, and let Jiles take Will's spot. But I'll trust the coaches on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Seems to me that Cleveland played better overall his past two seasons than he has this season. He just seems to get beaten badly on a lot of basic routes that aren't even run that well by receivers. I have seen him get totally crossed up multiple times on an out route that the receiver rounded off instead of making a good sharp cut. Cleveland ended up 7 yards away when the guy caught it. Multiple times.

But he looked promising last year, so maybe being "the guy" on that side will get him going. He's a hell of a blitzer...I wouldn't mind seeing him play a nickel/rover that blitzes and helps in run/short pass support, and let Jiles take Will's spot. But I'll trust the coaches on that.
    Sounds like someone who should be playing SEC football.

And as far as trusting the coaches- yeah they've nailed every personnel decision the past five years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I'm saddened more than anything. Redmond's college career is similar to David Fair's. One of the best we've ever had at that position, and cut short by injury. It's aggravating, but more than anything I'm sad for the player that they just got started showing what they can do and then it comes to a sudden end.
    Sucks for both of them. Man, David Fair was a freaking freak, if that's possible. Dude was built and cut, I didn't think anything could hurt him...until the knee...damn, just damn for Redmond too. I loved watching him play! Well guess we'll just be closing in on CBu after he gets drafted..

vCash
    Freeze's move to keep Tee Sheppard from MSU pays off. This would hurt less with Tee here.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Son of a bitch...this freaking sucks for the guy. I'd want him on any of my teams. We need you to lead these young bucks Mr. Calhoun!