Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Walsh Mullen better come up with a good plan this week

vCash

Bill Walsh Mullen better come up with a good plan this week

Kentucky had a couple extra days to prepare and will be jumping all these short ass routes. They will be well-schooled on tendencies out of certain formations. They are going to attack Holloway in pass pro during certain passing situations.

We're going to beat Kentucky- But Walsh-Mullen better improve his game this week. It wont be easy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    LOL.

vCash
    I expect a few small things to be different, which will make a big difference. Starting with who gets a majority of the carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I expect a few small things to be different, which will make a big difference. Starting with who gets a majority of the carries.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I think the best we can hope for at this point is a four RB rotation.

vCash
    #freedontavianlee#

vCash
    I would say 45-6 the last 49 minutes of the game against LaTech was our best game.

Any Sec game is gonna be tough, Kentucky no doubt will give us there best shot and we have to improve on what we did last week. I saw improvement, one with a change at guard replacing Despar and our depth at wide outs. Manny changed the defense that was very effective the last 3 quarters. Our special teams are playing the best I've seen since Mullen has been head coach.

Gonna be a close game against Kentucky but being at home I like our chances.

vCash
    Our team is starting to gain steam and come together. This game may be a blow out.

vCash
    I think we roll.

vCash
    Every offense scripts the first series and they add two or more plays that has not been seen. KY will get some yardage early and I hope we can limit them to field goals. I have full confidence that Diaz will figure the offense out fast. We just need our offense to move the ball and score on the first series.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We win by 10+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the best we can hope for at this point is a four RB rotation.
    I agree. You can forget about Lee and Williams getting the bulk of the carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree. You can forget about Lee and Williams getting the bulk of the carries.
    I disagree

vCash
    UK is soft on the corners. After a few successful jet sweeps I'd start some misdirection with Myles or Holloway then run Lee or Williams between the tackles. UK couldn't stop AU's offense and they won't stop ours either.

vCash
    If Mullen would get his head out of his a$$ and run Lee, we'd win by 2 TDs. What we'll probably see is the Shump-Holloway show and we won't be able to run the ball so we'll have to pass it 40 times and it'll be a close game. Lee and Dear should never come off the field... I know Lee fumbled ONCE but on that play he was one defender away from breaking a 40 yard TD off a freakin swing pass. I'm all in man #freedontavianlee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    If Mullen would get his head out of his a$$ and run Lee, we'd win by 2 TDs. What we'll probably see is the Shump-Holloway show and we won't be able to run the ball so we'll have to pass it 40 times and it'll be a close game. Lee and Dear should never come off the field... I know Lee fumbled ONCE but on that play he was one defender away from breaking a 40 yard TD off a freakin swing pass. I'm all in man #freedontavianlee
    we didn't see that show against La Tech ... I never saw Shump even handle the ball
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    we didn't see that show against La Tech ... I never saw Shump even handle the ball
    Shump was held out Saturday with back problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    Shump was held out Saturday with back problems.
    How do our fans, three days later, not realize a starter didn't play due to injury?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    When Shump is healthy will we see Ladarius Perkins 2013 redux, or will Dan make the move to our most effective runners?

LP 2013 2.0 can be either more Shump, more Holloway as the main RB, or both. With LP, he could be very effective when used properly (2010-2012). Holloway could fill the 2010-12 LP role nicely, but give us the same problems or worse than LP in 2013, if used the same way LP was in '13.

Shump just doesn't seem to have it as an RB in our league. Like the kid, and think he could be a stud for us at another position, just not as the main RB.

The way Dan has called it this year, it's looked too much like LP 2013, but with fewer runs/more passing rather than multiple wasted runs between the tackles for little or no gain by an RB who can't break through the line.

Dan is still a relatively young coach, who is no doubt still learning his craft, improving as a HC. Will he adjust enough this year to send us on a tear, or will we see what looks like more stubborn refusal to acknowledge a change is in order?

I'm sensing a little change-in-the-wind from Dan, just a little more willingness to consider alternatives. I hope I'm right.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I still think Aeris is the guy who's going to takeover sooner rather than later. He's slowly taking more & more reps. I think it's just a matter of time.