Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 6

vCash

Walking Dead Season 6

What are your thoughts on the season premiere? Can't say I'm sad to see Carter bite the dust. He was a moron. Plus, you just don't mess with the mullet.
    Interesting seeing the interaction between Morgan and Rick's group. He definitely has Carol pegged.

Biggest question I have is who the hell is blaring the horn and drawing Walkers to the camp?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Eugene is the GOAT

vCash
    I think it is Porch Dick's son blasting the horn. I think they wait to introduce the wolves. Maybe a couple episodes before the mid season finale. It appears to me that Morgan and Michonne may now be the conscious of the group. I had hoped no one in the group would have that role this season and that all in Rick's group would be the monsters that would just as soon shoot you as look at you if you got in their way and have someone from the community try to be pansy. One thing for sure, with the past history of the show, the voice of compassion always dies. If they hold that trend then that would mean Michonne or Morgan doesn't survive the season. My money is on Michonne. I don't think they drag Morgan's character along like they did only to have him die the one season he finally gets a regular role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    My money is on Michonne.
    I think Michonne is safe as long as ratings are decent. Just too popular. Early on, anybody was fair game as the story was about how people respond as society breaks down. After six seasons, I think the show is very much about some of the characters. I think Rick and Carl (because he gives a plausible purpose to Rick to keep him from going off the deepend; I don't think his daughter is sufficient for the shows purpose since she can't interact with him) are basically untouchable, as long as ratings are decent and there are no major contract disputes. I think Michonne is right after them. I think Darryl and Carol are right after Michonne (Darryl may be with Michonne b/c he is a fan favorite; not sure he is as integral to the story though), and then pizza delivery boy and his wife after them. When they need to shake things up, I think one of pizza boy and his wife will be the first to go.

The one caveat i have is that the writers have clearly been keeping MOrgan in the picture for an important story arc. I could see that arc only lasting this season, but if it lasts longer than this season, he could sort of replace Michonne. They are both people that figured out how to live int he new world but sort of lost their humanity while doing so. And now they have progressed to where they have regained more of their humanity than Rick.

vCash
    Rick, Carl, Daryl & Michonne are untouchable. The it's Carol.......Glenn/Maggie...everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn or Maggie get it this season.

vCash
    I'm not so sure Michonne is untouchable. For me, she's one of the main characters it wouldn't kill me to see leave. Carl used to hold that spot but now I keep waiting to see him go full psychotic like he started to do back at the prison. The only two I think are truly untouchable are Rick and Daryl. The fans would riot if either of them died. I just hope they let Rick tap the former wife of Porch Dick. I had thought before the season finale they would play that tension up of him wanting her but the husband is still around more.

vCash
    I'm not so sure Michonne is untouchable. For me, she's one of the main characters it wouldn't kill me to see leave. Carl used to hold that spot but now I keep waiting to see him go full psychotic like he started to do back at the prison. The only two I think are truly untouchable are Rick and Daryl. The fans would riot if either of them died. I just hope they let Rick tap the former wife of Porch Dick. I had thought before the season finale they would play that tension up of him wanting her but the husband is still around more.
    I don't think she's untouchable because she's popular (although I do think she's popular, especially among fans that are fans of the books and the TV show). I think she's untouchable because she is integral to Rick's story and the entire series is still Rick focused.

I think the only character that is untouchable simply because of their popularity is Darryl. Any of the other characters, even including Rick I think, could be gotten rid of as far as popularity goes. I think it would just increase the level of difficulty for the writers. It'd be incredibly hard to get rid of Rick and for the writers to still put out a show that fans considered a continuation of what has happened so far. The same is true of Carl. Even when fans hated him, he was safe because he was important to RIck. The same is true of Michonne, but to a lesser extent than Carl; especially since Morgan could be developed to fill a similar role that Michonne is currently filling.

vCash
    Last night had to rank as one of my favorite episodes of the series. I absolutely loved that Carol is one forever more heartless killer. At the ending, were they trying to imply that Morgan was leaving Alexandria? I know he won't...I figure that he would be stopped by the walker herd. I really hope they turn him more ruthless. I'm betting those that he let go come back to kill somebody later in the season he really likes and maybe that does it. Or they kill him.

vCash
    Last night had to rank as one of my favorite episodes of the series. I absolutely loved that Carol is one forever more heartless killer. At the ending, were they trying to imply that Morgan was leaving Alexandria? I know he won't...I figure that he would be stopped by the walker herd. I really hope they turn him more ruthless. I'm betting those that he let go come back to kill somebody later in the season he really likes and maybe that does it. Or they kill him.
    Love the fact that Crazy Carol is back. I felt the same, that they were showing Morgan as ready to leave. Surely not just after 2 episodes of being back but he was disgusted the whole time the killing was going on. I was hoping when he finally had to kill the wolf that attacked him in the woods that it would sink in. Was hoping what Rick told him, "I don't take chances anymore" would hit him like a ton of bricks but that didn't appear to be the case.

This episode was by far the best in the last two seasons at least. The way they brought the wolves in was awesome. Carol seeing that woman smoking and she just looking out the window at her, then bam! And what is up with that girl that Carl has a thing for? I can't figure her out. She says things that make you think she's gonna turn on the group and then she'll act normal and then just up and vanishes

vCash
    It was really good last night. My only complain is I can't stand Morgan's story arc. Too cheesy and cliche. Ready for them to wrap that up, preferably by killing him off, but if not, then by having him act realistically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It was really good last night. My only complain is I can't stand Morgan's story arc. Too cheesy and cliche. Ready for them to wrap that up, preferably by killing him off, but if not, then by having him act realistically.
    Yeah, you'd think as long as he spent out on his own he would realize you can't be a pacifist. I really hope they only reason they kept stringing his character along was not to be the one that whines and complains anytime something less than civilized has to take place. I got tired of Hershcel's character pretty quick always being a wimp.

vCash
    The ending I couldn't figure out if Morgan was leaving or not. I thought it was interesting the way they showed Morgan and Carol walking. It looked like losing Carol's group of cooking friends had affected her more than she lets on. She acted more human than just killing survival machine. Morgan finally came to the realization that to survive, sometimes you might have to kill more than walkers. I wonder if he was leaving human civilization all together. Being completely alone is the only way he can truly live like that.

It will be interesting to see who is left from Alexandria and are they going to have to leave it if the herd overruns the community.

vCash
    man, what an episode. I didn't think it would escalate that quickly.

Morgan will stick around. they have spent too much time building up his return to the show to just have him wander off into self-exile.

he'll be the moral compass of the group now

vCash
    Last edited by jumbo; 10-21-2015 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Loved loved loved this episode! Carol is a boss. She gets it. But I do think things affect her more than she lets on. And her dressing up like one of the Wolves? Awesome.

Morgan is the new moral compass. Saw a comment from Lennie James who plays him talking about how Morgan has never really been responsible for anyone before, maybe one or two people at most. He's basically having to learn how to survive in a group setting. I don't see him going anywhere. I thought at the end when he killed the Wolf he finally realized what surviving in the world might take.

Going to be interesting for sure to see who's left with the Walker heard coming right on the heels of the Wolves' attack. And I'm wondering what Deanna's facial expression was all about the last time we saw her. They need to kill the priest. He has no purpose except dividing the group. Carl and the teens' story bores me. Carl himself has actually become a pretty solid character, though. Kept thinking Jessie was going to get offed. She and Rick just need to go ahead and get it on already.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I think Rick is going to get some of that before too much longer. She was mad at him earlier for showing her son how life really is but then she found out he was right there at the end.

vCash
    Looks like Maggie is available now.

vCash
    Well. That episode hurt. So, is Maggie preggers with little Glen or not?

I really thought they wouldn't kill Glen until he had a child with Maggie.

He did die in the mags and it was appropriately violent and gruesome (probably why it was similar), but he was killed by a human.

Is there any chance we were seeing Nicolas's guts as he lay on top of Glen. Maybe he slips into dumpster somehow? Idk who could even show up to save him.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Well. That episode hurt. So, is Maggie preggers with little Glen or not?

I really thought they wouldn't kill Glen until he had a child with Maggie.

He did die in the mags and it was appropriately violent and gruesome (probably why it was similar), but he was killed by a human.

Is there any chance we were seeing Nicolas's guts as he lay on top of Glen. Maybe he slips into dumpster somehow? Idk who could even show up to save him.

That'd be about his only option to me. There is a chance it was Nicholas, just a very slim one. I noticed on Talking Dead they did a memorial for Nicholas but not Glenn so we shall see

vCash
    They did mention on Talking Dead that Glenn would be in a future episode but they won't say how. Could be a walker which would be the cruelest shit ever.