Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running back position

Banned
    vCash

Running back position

After a 6 game debacle with our running game, I would hitch my wagon to Dontavion Lee and roll.

vCash
    I think I would do pretty much what we did vs auburn... Abandon the run. We aren't gonna beat any sec team with our running

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think I would do pretty much what we did vs auburn... Abandon the run. We aren't gonna beat any sec team with our running
    There you go with that logic again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    After a 6 game debacle with our running game, I would hitch my wagon to Dontavion Lee and roll.
    Agree with Lee going forward. But I think our running woes has more to do with the OL and the guy coaching them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    There you go with that logic again
    I would love to run the ball. I just don't see it happening.

vCash
    If we took some of those WRs off the field and put more O-linemen out there we could run better.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 10-10-2015 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    If we took some of those WRs off the field and put more O-linemen out there we could run better.
    Take our best offensive players off the field and replace them with our worst offensive players... I don't like this strategy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yikes..... Not the best idea with this team

vCash
    What a stupid statement*** we have to be balanced!!!! I want to run as much as the next guy- fact is, we can't. Just can't. But those who want balance can beat their heads against the wall for 6 more games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    What a stupid statement*** we have to be balanced!!!! I want to run as much as the next guy- fact is, we can't. Just can't. But those who want balance can beat their heads against the wall for 6 more games.
    You need more of these *******************************

vCash
    Using 247, we've signed 2 olinemen that are 4*'s (jake Thomas and rankin). Neither of those are on the field this year. Our staff simply isn't getting it done with oline recruiting. How different would our oline have looked last year had a walk on fell into our laps? If bowls are the goal, we're gonna be fine. If the sec west is the goal, we've gotta do better at oline recruiting.

vCash
    Using 247, we've signed 2 olinemen that are 4*'s (jake Thomas and rankin). Neither of those are on the field this year. Our staff simply isn't getting it done with oline recruiting. How different would our oline have looked last year had a walk on fell into our laps? If bowls are the goal, we're gonna be fine. If the sec west is the goal, we've gotta do better at oline recruiting.
    Damien Robinson was also considered a 4*. OL seem nearly impossible to evaluate.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Damien Robinson was also considered a 4*. OL seem nearly impossible to evaluate.
    It sure seems impossible for us to evaluate the OL.

vCash
    We will probably do what UM did last year. Dak is going to take the mantle of Captain Bubble Screen.

vCash
    We need to go somewhere and find some O-linemen for the future. 250 mile radius isn't cutting it for the OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    I've been against letting the freshman start all year but after today we need it. Give the ball to Lee and Williams. They are the only ones who get yards.

vCash
    Look, we can be a pass heavy team but you have to run SOME. Lee should be the primary guy going forward from what I've seen.

vCash
    I think our o line last year was better but still not what we need to consistently beat the sec elite. We had a very talented nfl back last year and an average o line and it showed against the better defensive fronts last year and not much has changed. The two best fronts we saw last year were bama and Om and they ate our run game up. Our big wins outside of Lsu were against teams that were soft up front. The problem is there are just not a ton of elite ol out there especially in our state. There are some good prospects in ms but they are very raw. Having dual threat quarterbacks has helped mask this issue to an extent but we are starting to see how off we are on the o line. Still, you would think against Troy we would be able to pound it a little more.
    Last edited by BB30; 10-10-2015 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    I've been saying Lee should be the guy for SIX weeks now. Good to have y'all in the club. Now we just need Dan to join it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've been saying Lee should be the guy for SIX weeks now. Good to have y'all in the club. Now we just need Dan to join it.
    I've been saying it 6 months.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22