Thread: The other Dakota: D1 Baseball feature on Dakota Hudson

vCash

The other Dakota: D1 Baseball feature on Dakota Hudson

Here's a link to a feature on Dakota Hudson from D1 Baseball. Unfortunately, most of the article is behind the paywall.

http://www.d1baseball.com/features/m...ext-big-thing/

vCash
    Hopefully Cohen pitches him even if he struggles with walks a little. I know for a fact that MLB scouts have told Cohen that Hudson needs to be our Friday night guy and that he needs to pitch more than 16 innings (or whatever he did last year).

vCash
    I'm starting to feel better about the upcoming season. Really hopeful that last year was simply an off year.

It would be great to finish football strong, have an entertaining basketball team, and a competitive baseball team. Last year's hoops and baseball were depressing, and the start to football hasn't helped much.

vCash
    It still boggles my mind how Ross got almost 4X as many innings as Hudson. Their WHIPs are comparable, but Hudson obviously had a much better chance at getting a K.

vCash
    I think we will be very good. We have more overall talent than the 2013 club. We are deep in pitching and hitting. Two keys are health and continued development of players. I wouldn't be shocked at more than 16 SEC wins and a long drive into postseason play. Omaha will be in reach if we stay healthy and the new guys get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Hopefully Cohen pitches him even if he struggles with walks a little. I know for a fact that MLB scouts have told Cohen that Hudson needs to be our Friday night guy and that he needs to pitch more than 16 innings (or whatever he did last year).
    Yeah, one of my gripes with Cohen is that he is too quick to give up on talented players. Get that reputation and it will hurt recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    We have more overall talent than the 2013 club.
    This is a BIG stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    This is a BIG stretch.
    No kidding. We just had one of the 3 worst seasons in modern MSU baseball history. That isn't just an attitude and coaching issue. It's a talent issue too.

I think we'll have some good arms, but for the 85th year in a row, I'll believe all this "offense will be better" talk when it actually happens.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    You will have to see it to believe it. I'm pretty confident that we have great talent and depth. The 2013 team had no depth. Any starter twist his ankle and were in trouble. But now we can go 2 deep at all positions. The 15-17 pitchers that will pitch have the talent to be the best we've had in a long long time.

You will see during the season.

vCash
    Im all about us being better this year, but let's see if Cohen fiddlefarts around with lineup too much and yanks pitchers in the middle of at-bats. Last year boiled down to consistency. I thought we had a good enough ball club to make a little bit of noise, but Cohen really Cohen'd it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Im all about us being better this year, but let's see if Cohen fiddlefarts around with lineup too much and yanks pitchers in the middle of at-bats. Last year boiled down to consistency. I thought we had a good enough ball club to make a little bit of noise, but Cohen really Cohen'd it.
    Mullen doesn't have any room to fiddlefart around this year and he knows that. Our pitching staff may even be more talented than we expect. Hopefully this is the year talent turns into production. If our offensive numbers finish in the top half, I think we will have a pretty special year with the pitching depth to go as deep as our bats will take us. And come on guys, let's not act like we don't have talent, we have had 3 top 10 recruiting classes in a row!!!!****