Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Orange Beach Restaurants

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    When did Baumhowers close? I just ate there last month.
    Last Saturday there was on sign on the door saying it had closed. Not sure if it was a seasonal change but it wasnt open...
    Sometimes you eat the bear...sometimes the bear eats you

vCash
    Another vote for Cosmos and Fishers.

vCash
    You can't go wrong with Cobalt and Cosmos as they are staples of the Orange Beach dining scene. There is some crossover on their menus as they have the same owner, but I'd give Cobalt a higher mark. Both can have long waits on Friday and Saturday nights this time of year and every night during peak season.

Fishers - I saw HancockCounty Dog mention this one and it is a really nice option that not many people know about. You will want to eat at Fisher's Upstairs which accepts reservations. The food is awesome, but if you like bourbon you will love their cocktail called the Intimidator which is made with house smoked bourbon.

The Gulf - Original48 mentioned this one and its another good find. I don't think they offer indoor dining so make sure the weather is nice. From the road it appears to be a shipping container turned into a restaurant. Back behind it, there is a lush tropical outdoor eating environment right on the beach that is very family friendly. The food is pretty good, but not what I would call incredible. Good burgers, Grouper sandwich, kind of a Chipotle type taco/burrito set up, outdoor bars, etc.

Breakfast - Tacky Jacks - nothing fancy, but good greasy Southern breakfast food. Don't even think about ordering a fancy coffee drink or they will laugh at you.

Breakfast/Brunch - Brick and Spoon - this one is brutal to get into during the high season, but they do a fantastic brunch and close early in the afternoon. I'm not into Bloody Mary's but if you are this is going to be a treat as they probably have 1000 ways to make one based on all the different ingredients that you can order. I've seen some with enough shrimp and sausage draped over the glass to turn it into a standalone meal.

Casual/To go options - Bravo Tacos - really good food on corner of Canal Road and 161. We usually pick it up to go.
    Rotolos Pizza - based out of New Orleans - great pizza for a chain; eat in or take out

If you want to cook from your condo - pick up some Royal Red shrimp at a local seafood market and ask for the very basic directions on how to steam or boil them. All you need is butter for dipping and you will think you are eating lobster.

vCash
    Thanks for the recommendations

vCash
    Original Oyster House is very good with an excellent salad bar.
    Mikee's and King Neptune's have good seafood in a no frills environment.
    Lambert's is great country cooking, get there early as the wait can be over an hour at peak times.
    Doc's has a very good Crab Melt sandwich.
    Cosmos is excellent.

If you want to cook for yourselves, Blaylock's has several locations--OB has one on Canal Road and they have everything you need and will steam it for you if you call ahead.

vCash
    It's small but to me, Fisherman's Corner is a best kept secret in Perdido - the address is Pensacola but it's just over the bridge

Banned
    vCash
    Tacky Jacks, Hangout, and LuLu's are my favs. I hate the Original Oyster House. Flat out NASTY.