Thread: Injuries last night and going forward

vCash

Injuries last night and going forward

1. Warren - his didn't appear to be as serious as others. But this gets Elgin Jenkins on the field which most have wanted to see anyway. Let's hope Jenkins shows out but Warren isn't seriously hurt to provide back up
    2. Morrow - looks like to me he broke his collar bone and will be out 2 months. Hate it for Joe but it moves Gray up and makes Dan have to put him on the field more.
    3. Gabe Myles - this one scares me most. Hope it's a bad sprain but appeared could've been worse. I love Myles with the ball in his hands but with him out that moves Dear up in the slot pecking order and that isn't a terrible thing.
    4. Market - knee? I couldn't really tell what happened but it appeared to be another non contact injury for him. Polk dog is one of the main leaders on the D and we will miss that but it also allows us to hopefully get Peters on the field more.
    And there was a 5th I'm missing.

Has anyone seen or heard anything on the severity of any of these injuries?

vCash
    Maybe some student who post here that know a few of the players will find out and let us know. I don't know if we will get any answers from the staff. Maybe we can get a few of them back by Bama.

Banned
    vCash
    Redmond was the fifth.

vCash
    Taog Redloh,

Really? Smfh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Redmond was the fifth.
    Ankle. Forgot about that. What I said about Myles injury scaring me most. Scratch that. We can't afford to lose Redmond. Did anyone notice who most of the passing yards we allowed came against? Here's a clue. It wasn't on Calhoun or Redmond. That first td they had on the scramble, watch Coman. Awful. Zack Jackson and Tolando Cleveland can tackle pretty good but they can't cover their asses!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Ankle. Forgot about that. What I said about Myles injury scaring me most. Scratch that. We can't afford to lose Redmond. Did anyone notice who most of the passing yards we allowed came against? Here's a clue. It wasn't on Calhoun or Redmond. That first td they had on the scramble, watch Coman. Awful. Zack Jackson and Tolando Cleveland can tackle pretty good but they can't cover their asses!!
    Coman also missed an open field tackle on their failed 4th down conversion that luckily, Richie Brown was there to make the play. Coman is a liability on the field. Peters seems to be understanding the position better, and he's definitely acclimated to the speed of the game. Hopefully, McLaurin isn't too far behind him in development. Jackson and Cleveland are soft in coverage. I'd rather get a call for pass interference or holding then let a receiver catch a 40 yard pass when the opposing team was on their own 4 yard line. That's on Cleveland for letting his receiver get behind him. Jackson simply isn't an SEC linebacker. Wells can't make up for Jackson's poor play this year. We need JT Gray on the field for passing downs. And we need Green in on running downs.

Redmond seemed more upset then hurt. Hopefully, he just turned his ankle over and it's not too serious.

vCash
    Where was Gus ?? Sick? Suspended?? Hurt ??

vCash
    Morrow is an AC joint sprain....probably could have gone back in last night....Warren should be ok to go in the next couple weeks after taking contact to a part of his leg where he had a couple of plates removed a few years ago...Myles has a high ankle sprain that needs further evaluation....Market tore an ACL and is done for the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    Morrow is an AC joint sprain....probably could have gone back in last night....Warren should be ok to go in the next couple weeks after taking contact to a part of his leg where he had a couple of plates removed a few years ago...Myles has a high ankle sprain that needs further evaluation....Market tore an ACL and is done for the year
    Mostly good news!
    I hate it for Kendrick, that dude gave MSU his everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Mostly good news!
    I hate it for Kendrick, that dude gave MSU his everything.
    Wonder if Market tries to get a medshirt? I'm assuming he's eligible since it was game 5. Isn't the rule 50% of the season for medshirt? I'd love to have him back as a ST ringer next season.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Morrow was on a bike later in the game without so much as an ice pack on his shoulder according to Bob Carskadon.

Gabe Myles' mom apparently posted online today that he is fine and will be ready to play against Troy. (I'm not a stalker, my wife knows the family).

vCash
    Obviously, hate for anyone to get hurt, but I'm glad that Jenkins and Peters will get more PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Wonder if Market tries to get a medshirt? I'm assuming he's eligible since it was game 5. Isn't the rule 50% of the season for medshirt? I'd love to have him back as a ST ringer next season.
    No, I think its more like 60-70%

Hate it for Market- especially after working his ass off to get back from the Achilles injury. He played his ass off for the M&W
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Hate it for Market too, he's one of my favorite players. Much better news than I expected otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
    The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
    The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
    The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
    The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
    The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
    The student-athlete must not have competed in no more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.
    Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Hate it for Market. He was my favorite player on D. The guy bleeds maroon and gave it everything he had every time he put on a uniform.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post
    Morrow was on a bike later in the game without so much as an ice pack on his shoulder according to Bob Carskadon.

Gabe Myles' mom apparently posted online today that he is fine and will be ready to play against Troy. (I'm not a stalker, my wife knows the family).
    I didn't take that as stalking.