Thread: The cluster on the Kickoff hasn't been mentioned.

vCash

The cluster on the Kickoff hasn't been mentioned.

To start off on your five yardline is criminal. Somebody has to catch the football in the air.That plus our pitiful punting was nails in our coffin. If we can't score more than 17-19 points against the SEC we will lose the rest of our games.

vCash
    I've grown to expect Special Teams miscues, so they no longer are surprising. Shanked punts, kickoff miscues, allowing onside kicks to be recovered, trotting Bell out there at any point in history, etc.

vCash
    This is one thing that the Kang would never be caught doing. He was a ST maniac and won lots of games because of it
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    It's all on Holloway. Been saying it since he's been back there. He doesn't want the ball on kickoffs. I bet he's praying for touchbacks every time. He never even gets to %75 speed on returns. Even the one chance Brown gets, he gets up past the 20 yline. I could name a dozen guys that could give us more production at KR.

vCash
    I rewatched the game before deleting it and we had our chances. Our defense play lights out the second half. Offense let us down.

vCash
    Shouldn't you WANT to catch it on the 5 with a head of steam?? Why did we just let the ball hit the ground at the 5 and run around chasing it several times last night

vCash
    That's not on coaching.. That's on the players .. No excuse to let a kickoff land on the ground at the 5 yard line..
    Put Gray back there and let him try and make a play...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    That's not on coaching.. That's on the players .. No excuse to let a kickoff land on the ground at the 5 yard line..
    Put Gray back there and let him try and make a play...
    I'll agree, but it is the Coaches that allows that shit to happen. Why in the hell is Gray not retuning KOs. Of course you would catch the kick running wide open. The cardinal sin of returning kicks is to let it hit the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I'll agree, but it is the Coaches that allows that shit to happen. Why in the hell is Gray not retuning KOs. Of course you would catch the kick running wide open. The cardinal sin of returning kicks is to let it hit the ground.
    I agree. Shumpert is allowed to miss holes and make the wrong cuts, and fumble on a TD carry vs USM....Holloway is allowed to let the ball hit multiple times on kickoffs instead of catching it.....But you wait and see....that Aeris fumble will get him benched while Holloway will be right back out there returning kicks, and Shumpert will be right back out there at starting RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    Shouldn't you WANT to catch it on the 5 with a head of steam?? Why did we just let the ball hit the ground at the 5 and run around chasing it several times last night
    I was sitting right behind him, it didn't look like he had a great chance of catching it in the air and then it took a crazy bounch/roll.