Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm trying to cool down b4 posting, but I have to say this...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You're the worst poster on this board. Go away, Barney. "Creative" does not equal "gimmicky". Go watch and learn football before trying to correct me again. Your constant coming behind my every post and taking the opposite opinion, is getting old. Several agree in this thread, so go start your own thread, "dude".
    +1

vCash
    Damn, dawg61 just said it out loud.

vCash
    I would like to see someone actually finish a block on a screen pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    Our defense plays flat. I remember Manny being a fired up fist pumping motivator. Did he age 50 years in Tx and La? Our players don't seem to have any fire. Let's get our plays in and trot to the sideline. It's frustrating to watch 11 guys stand flat footed waiting one the snap. There little to no movement besides the waving the hand over their head thing. After we got in a hole they did play better but why can't we play that way without getting in a hole first? I think my biggest issue is the fact that the potential is there across the board but for some reason something somewhere is missing.
    Heck, he doesn't even play air guitar anymore.

vCash
    You cannot be creative or aggressive if you can't block, we don't have talented enough offensive tackles to be a good offensive team.

If your best ever qb can't run and none of your running backs can run either then it's bc you don't have a good enough offensive line, period.

vCash
    I fully understand the desire for offensive creativity. But there is another area we need to get more creative and will give everything a boost. Recruiting. And I think everyone knows what I mean by more "creativity" in that phase of the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I fully understand the desire for offensive creativity. But there is another area we need to get more creative and will give everything a boost. Recruiting. And I think everyone knows what I mean by more "creativity" in that phase of the program.
    +1

However, even if we step up recruiting right away, it will be 3 years before the talent hits the field*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    +1

However, even if we step up recruiting right away, it will be 3 years before the talent hits the field*
    Last years class was a good start. It was ******* best and I think a little underrated rankings wise. He is definitely right though. We HAVE to recruit better if we want to beat the A&M's, LSU's, Alabama's without having to play a flawless game. Definitely have to do that to reach the next level.

vCash
    Our best weapon is Bear Wilson he caught three passes. He should catch ten a game. We were somewhat successful tonight when Dak moved the pocket. They have to respect Dak when He rolls out. In the pocket he was wearing a bullseye for their DEs. Our failure to go deep is a head scratcher . Donald Gray did catch one pass. Dear got cramps and that is one reason he didn't play more. I like Dan but he sux in the heat of the moment. Just running #10 up the gut twice in a row make me want to puke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Disagree. Mullen can either fix his infuriating tendencies himself or Mullen can go somewhere else. Only way he's going to know about them is if people talk about them. That's your fear right that he'll leave? Seriously doubt he'd ever leave since he's too scared to run his own damn offense like its suppose to be run yet you think he's got the balls to leave it? He shackles his own offense. By personnel and by play calling. Probably shackles his own defense too.
    Actually my fear is we are going to make his job impossible and then run him off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    You cannot be creative or aggressive if you can't block, we don't have talented enough offensive tackles to be a good offensive team.

If your best ever qb can't run and none of your running backs can run either then it's bc you don't have a good enough offensive line, period.
    Yep. Scheme and skill personnel don't really matter if you can't block. That was the real reason the talking heads picked us last. They are getting better I think but it's still going to show up as inconsistently, esp against the better teams.

vCash
    I honestly believe the reason we don't throw deep is because that's not Dak's strong suit. He's great at throwing darts inside of 20 yards, maybe a deep crossing route but I can't remember the last time I've seen him lay one over a WR shoulder streaking down the sideline for a TD and I'm not talking about some busted coverage where the WR is wide open. I've seen F Brown and Gray have there guys beat by 2 or 3 steps and the ball is either over thrown or under thrown. If Dak could get that part of his game down he would be a complete QB. It just looks to me like he has trouble putting air under the ball and leading deep receivers to open spaces. I'm worried that future teams will pick up on this and start sitting on these short routes we're running and make us throw deep..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Actually my fear is we are going to make his job impossible and then run him off.
    What's impossible about asking Dan to not tuck his wiener in big games?

vCash
    Dan's motto on offense should be "Scoring isn't a must. Just don't do anything stupid."

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Well, when you are playing teams that are equal to or better than you getting it to the 4th in striking distance is generally the idea. We were better than LSU, Auburn, and A&M last year, hands down. By the way, I'm sure you are just........confused..........but we surely did punch one team in the mouth after A&M last year. That would be Auburn. I love how the goal posts keep moving. THAT is progress.
    Please tell me you broke your bifocals during the game last night and got your zanex and tic tac bottles mixed up.

We were not more talented than any of the teams you mentioned. We were not better than them in the sense of who should have won. The one category we were better than them was in the offensive creative category. The Offense that shows multiple formations and looks. IE our old offense gameplan that changed looks pre snap, going from a wishbone formation to a 5 spread after the defense has subbed for the wishbone. Or doing the reverse. Or having large offensive personnel shifts once the defense is ready for something completely different. Offense with slot guys in motion who are an option in our "Spread Option" offense. Deep passes to keep the defenses from stacking the box. USM through Auburn last year we were very unpredictable with our offensive game plans and play calling. Since then we've gone with the Saban/Miles approach "here's what's coming, see if you can stop us" and we do not have the OLine talent to do this. Bucky is successful with less talent because he keeps defenses guessing. He throws numerous wrinkles into every look so the defenses have to stay honest and uses motion and mis direction to exploit over agressive defenses. Florida gave bucky a taste of his own medicine last night on offense and was extremely creative.

Please tell me any of these aspects that Dan has implemented in our big games, since we throttled Auburn last year? What games have we come out with an extensive, creative, multiple look Offensive drive? What surprise (not gimmick) plays have we used in those games since rising to #1 last year. We all could see Dan's asshole pucker up after Auburn 14. It was as plain as day. He was like the runner who's tried all his life to beat the faster kids in a race. Being underdog, he Had the will and drive to be better than them. Then once he got ahead of them in a race, he was struck by the limelight, didn't know how to react, altered what had brought him to the lead, and tripped before the finish line. This is what most of us now see as a recurring pattern from Dan. Not using what has gotten him to where he is, when he is on the biggest stages. Now using his creative offensive mind in the games that could lift us to the top.

So please tell me and many other people on here, that are not missing the forest for the trees, what are you perceiving as Dan not going full "Deer in Headlights" in our bigger games? I'll go grab my popcorn.

vCash
    We were better than those three teams last year. There are two main differences in those games this year and and last year. We blocked better last year and we got more turnovers last year. That's pretty much it. Good blocking makes you look more creative. Bad blocking does the opposite.