Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm trying to cool down b4 posting, but I have to say this...

vCash

I'm trying to cool down b4 posting, but I have to say this...

I am quickly growing tired of our coaches not letting it all hang out in big games. That is unacceptable.

Our offense couldn't be more easy for them to defend tonight. No creativity, no trick plays, no shots down field, no nothing. We are more creative vs NW St than we are against teams with a pulse. Our players AND fans deserve better than a group of coaches that play "not to lose", instead of playing "to win". It is cowardly, it is non aggressive, and it is never going to equal Championships of any kind. You have to leave it all on the field, and I feel like our players do...but our coaches don't. And that's disappointing to me.

We can still have a good season. Hail State.

vCash
    Agree. Good post.

vCash
    Agreed. We beat ourselves on small plays, would rather lose on big ones. We have the weapons.

vCash
    Agree completely.

Banned
    vCash
    Even Arkansas takes shots down the field. Has Dan watched Alabama film ever? Bama thrives off of deep passes. They steal multiple TDs every single game because they PRACTICE it to the point of almost perfection. We rely on the player breaking tackles to hit homeruns instead of swinging for them. So frustrating to watch Dan put shackles on his own offense and he does it every single week. Is he too scared to have sex with his own wife too? Lane Kiffen might be a creepy perv but atleast he's not afraid of failure.

vCash
    I would be happy if I see aggression the rest of the season. I want some risks.

vCash
    What's wrong with a holloway draw on 3rd and 9????

vCash
    Our defense plays flat. I remember Manny being a fired up fist pumping motivator. Did he age 50 years in Tx and La? Our players don't seem to have any fire. Let's get our plays in and trot to the sideline. It's frustrating to watch 11 guys stand flat footed waiting one the snap. There little to no movement besides the waving the hand over their head thing. After we got in a hole they did play better but why can't we play that way without getting in a hole first? I think my biggest issue is the fact that the potential is there across the board but for some reason something somewhere is missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I am quickly growing tired of our coaches not letting it all hang out in big games. That is unacceptable.

Our offense couldn't be more easy for them to defend tonight. No creativity, no trick plays, no shots down field, no nothing. We are more creative vs NW St than we are against teams with a pulse. Our players AND fans deserve better than a group of coaches that play "not to lose", instead of playing "to win". It is cowardly, it is non aggressive, and it is never going to equal Championships of any kind. You have to leave it all on the field, and I feel like our players do...but our coaches don't. And that's disappointing to me.

We can still have a good season. Hail State.

Really dude? Of course we are "more creative" against NW State. Every thing usually works against a team like that and if it doesn't, so what. If you can't understand that basic fundamental fact of SPORTS, then you are what you seem to be. What you are advocating is high school that thinks they are on the rise gimmick crap. I've seen it on that level more times than I can remember. We got beat by a better team tonight. On offense they basically overpowered us. We adjusted and did better but our defense was still hanging on by a thread. On offense we had the plays called to stay with them, esp in the first half. We didn't execute. That being said we can still have a good season and we DAMN sure are still on track to build what we all want over time. Stay the course and Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Really dude? Of course we are "more creative" against NW State. Every thing usually works against a team like that and if it doesn't, so what. If you can't understand that basic fundamental fact of SPORTS, then you are what you seem to be. What you are advocating is high school that thinks they are on the rise gimmick crap. I've seen it on that level more times than I can remember. We got beat by a better team tonight. On offense they basically overpowered us. We adjusted and did better but our defense was still hanging on by a thread. On offense we had the plays called to stay with them, esp in the first half. We didn't execute. That being said we can still have a good season and we DAMN sure are still on track to build what we all want over time. Stay the course and Hail State!
    You're the worst poster on this board. Go away, Barney. "Creative" does not equal "gimmicky". Go watch and learn football before trying to correct me again. Your constant coming behind my every post and taking the opposite opinion, is getting old. Several agree in this thread, so go start your own thread, "dude".
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-04-2015 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxedOutMaroon View Post
    I would be happy if I see aggression the rest of the season. I want some risks.
    I agree. Get beat throwing the kitchen sink at people, instead of this non agressive, slow death we like to do in big games. Our current strategy in big games clearly isn't working.

vCash
    You're the worst poster on this board. Go away, Barney. "Creative" does not equal "gimmicky". Go watch and learn football before trying to correct me again. Your constant coming behind my every post and taking the opposite opinion, is getting old. Several agree in this thread, so go start your own thread, "dude".
    I don't live to disagree with you, I just do. Creative usually gets you beat unless you are already better than the teams you are playing, over time. It might win you a game here and there, but it won't build a program. Just my two cents. By the way, I enjoy your posts.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Since you want to talk about "basic fundamentals of sports" please explain Dear getting 3 touches tonight? 75 total yards on 3 touches. 1 F**KING rushing attempt the entire game. The most basic of all Fundamentals is playing the best players and give your team the best chance to win. I could go down a list of offensive and defensive changes we should make and put in the younger guys but that's for another thread. You play to win and playing the best available players is a must if you want to win and win big. Sumlin made damn sure Kirk got his touches tonight. Even Bucky got Paidwell his touches from game 1.

Until our coaching staff ditches the "age over ability" playing time philosophy, we will continue to underachieve. JRob not getting PT until the last part of his Soph year is inexcusable. Whatever issues he was having, it was up to our staff to fix. We seem to be one of the only teams who slowly introduces our more talented players to the field. LSU and Bama have more talent, top to bottom, than we do, yet they will stick a true freshman in a starting role without hesitation.

So once again I will ask you to explain this lack of "fundamentals" from our coaching staff? Please explain why our staff has such a difficult time getting our talented younger players in the game and hands on the football?
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 10-04-2015 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    I don't live to disagree with you, I just do. Creative usually gets you beat unless you are already better than the teams you are playing, over time. It might win you a game here and there, but it won't build a program. Just my two cents. By the way, I enjoy your posts.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Creative doesn't mean flea flickers. You've got it totally backwards, proving you're an idiot that just wants to argue. Bama talent doesn't have to be as creative as MSU talent. If you can't get that, you're Liverpool....Go away

vCash
    I'll say this about being creative. One of the HS programs I follow more than closely had a coach who was widely considered one of the most creative play callers around. He had a really innovative offense, wide open and high scoring. The times he actually REALLY won big though, you know what did it? He had the BEST running back in his class in the state. He had a QB and receivers who could make plays better than anyone they played. He had a totally dominate offensive line. He had one of the top 5 defenses in the class. It took all of that plus an intense internal drive from the leaders (emphasis on the plural) on the field. I ain't pretending that was on the same level as the SEC but from everything I have ever seen, creativity works better on the lessor opponents. Executing fundamental football is what works on the good ones

vCash
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Creative doesn't mean flea flickers. You've got it totally backwards, proving you're an idiot that just wants to argue. Bama talent doesn't have to be as creative as MSU talent. If you can't get that, you're Liverpool....Go away
    Wow, I answered that before you ever posted it.

vCash
    Wow, I answered that before you ever posted it.
    You moron. You can even be creative in a running game. And besides, when you don't have a rushing attack, what do you suggest? Just quit?! No, you suggest we be uncreative like we have been vs LSU, A&M,, and the end of last season, and lose. And then play Gene the sunshine pumper.

You can only grind it out and win uncreatively, if you have more talent than your opponent, and we do not. So quit ****ing up my threads with your unknowledgeable babble. You clearly aren't understanding me, and your "creative" is not the same as most normal football people's "creative".

vCash
    We should have had Lee, Dear, and Williams more involved in the offense by now. I would have played those 3 a lot in games 1, 3, and 4, along with Gabe. Now we may have to do without Gabe, and I'm afraid Williams won't get to play anymore meaningful snaps this year because the fumble. Dan doesn't seem to mind when veteran players fumble, but young guys..

vCash
    I don't think we're necessarily asking Dan to run a lot of flea flickers, statue of Liberty's, etc. I think Cadaver is talking about creativity in terms of variety in terms of play calling rather than the same predictable thing over and over.

Like when Dan first got here and we would come out in the wishbone on the goal line sometimes- I LOVED that. It wasn't creative in terms of being fancy- but it was a nice wrinkle.

If I am correct on that, then I agree.

vCash
    10000% agree. It's really been my only complaint with Mullen over his tenure. Well that and being scared to play more talented young players over vets, but I think that kinda conservative thinking goes hand in hand.