Thread: Weekend C&D Thread: Poached Lassie Edition

vCash

Weekend C&D Thread: Poached Lassie Edition

As usual I'll be tied up tonight but I'll be off the next 2 days so I know I'll be cooking something but I have no idea what yet. I acquired a bottle of 1792 bourbon and a couple weeks ago and I'm eying having one on the rocks tomorrow for a victory cocktail.

vCash
    the marina behind the hard rock is selling enormous size shrimp for $4 / lb ..... it worked against Auburn - gonna do it against aTm
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I'm picking up some shrimp on the way out of town to boil at the deer camp. Hope I can kill early enough tomorrow afternoon to make it back before kickoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    I'm picking up some shrimp on the way out of town to boil at the deer camp. Hope I can kill early enough tomorrow afternoon to make it back before kickoff.
    we will expect an opening day report
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    the marina behind the hard rock is selling enormous size shrimp for $4 / lb ..... it worked against Auburn - gonna do it against aTm
    Nice. That's the perks of living on the coast. Kinda OT but you get offshore much this year FishDawg?

vCash
    Country ham topped with corn hash. Side of grits with red eye gravy

vCash
    I'm headed north (north of Hattiesburg) and picked up a box of oysters in BSL to eat with some deer sausage jambalaya tomorrow for lunch. Will be back home for the game and I'm trying something new. I'm going to make some nice, thick burger patties first. Then I'm going to make some pizza dough, flatten the dough, place a couple pieces of mozzarella, then a patty, then marinara, pepperoni, and more mozzarella. Then I'm going to fold over the dough and essentially make a big ball with it and then bake it. I saw it on 'the sandwich King' show on tv and I've been waiting to make it for a game. Hopefully it goes well, if not I'll have some leftover oysters I'm sure and we'll just have poboys

vCash
    Busy morning of errands, and I'm hitting the waters of the Little Satilla early in the morning. I want to catch the UGA game, so to be quick we are grilling brats, with fresh kraut, homemade chili leftover from earlier in the week, and some tater tots. Got lucky at the Winn-Dixie, as they had Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest! Beer and brats for game night!

vCash
    Just made a big pot of chili con carne, and am sucking on a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Killed a few squirrels this morning, but they had wolves in them still, so we need a good cool snap here. Saw four deer scouting, and found several trees dropping acorns.

This was my first mountain bike hunt, and it worked out pretty well. I need to figure out a better way to haul my weapon, but I think this has the chance to significantly improve my season this year.

vCash
    We ended up just ordering pizza last night. It's Dolphins time!

vCash
    We ended up just having jambalaya and oysters. Have a dozen or so left that I'm going to grill with some burgers tonight

vCash
    Fish were biting, but like our O, we couldn't capitalize on the opportunities.
    We got a nice red, a trout, a few whiting, and a huge blue crab. Going to throw the crab in a gumbo tomorrow and blacken the red fish to go with it.[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 10-04-2015 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    Nothing wrong with that. Throw it in da pot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Nice. That's the perks of living on the coast. Kinda OT but you get offshore much this year FishDawg?
    waiting on my partners to pony up for a new engine ... I'm not gonna do this thing by myself when I have two other partners that should share the expense ... I have already done that with a new out-drive and other repairs totaling about 10k ... just not going to do it myself this time ... went out with a few buddies a couple of times but I'm restricted to fishing for what they want to fish for, but like MacArthur - I shall return