Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
Couple of things

Butch would walk to AU. It's not about money or anything else. It's common sense.

Cohen left MO (I think it was MO) at Christmas break when he took the northwestern st job years ago. Dave VanHorn took the Nebraska job to open that job. When wheels turn wheels turn.

My concern with butch is his ability to build a staff that would hurt our al/ms recruiting. I feel confident that lane Burroughs would go with him as associate head coach.

Jay Powell has zero interest in being a college baseball coach. He has a pile of cash and enjoys the outdoors too much. He's not going to spend his Saturday's telling 17 year olds how awesome they are. If you'll notice very few pro guys become college coaches. They HATE the recruiting process. There are exceptions but very few.

If Butch leaves he will be replaced and replaced well. John offered the pitching coach job to someone else before butch back when he took the job. Butch had accepted a lower tier job and resigned after a couple of weeks.

Jack Leggett would be a very safe hire right now for auburn considering the situation.

Last but not least. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the 2 biggest jerks in all of college athletics were Galloway and Buddy Stephens. Amazing that they both made the news this weekend.
I would ask Powell only for an interim position only if the need arose. I know he would not want to be a full time coach and do all of the recruiting.