Thread: It may have been buried in another thread but....

vCash

It may have been buried in another thread but....

Did watching Graves drill that 44 yard field goal kind of dredge up the LSU loss for you? I mean....shit. We could be 4-0 right now. Damn it! It still stings.

vCash
    Yes. It did.

vCash
    As I mentioned in the other thread..again I'm not at practice...but just let him be our kicker whatever the distance. He has a better chance if hitting from 50+ warmed up and in rhythm rather than bringing Bell in to launch skuds.

vCash
    Well on the bright side it looks like we have a good kicker for the 2016 and 2017 seasons. As long as Mullen gives Graves the shot from now on (I think he will) I won't be too upset.

vCash
    All we had to do is have Dak run a draw-call time out and kick a forty something FG which He has been doing regularly. Dan got cute and it cost Us again. LSu was on their heels. Who on this Board would have let Bell Kick?

vCash
    Watching the replay- Graves was warming up- didn't even see Bell warming up on camera. I'm still pissed
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Did watching Graves drill that 44 yard field goal kind of dredge up the LSU loss for you? I mean....shit. We could be 4-0 right now. Damn it! It still stings.
    I was at the game, that kick cleared the goal posts by about 10 yards. If I see Bell on the field for any other purpose than to congratulate Graves, I may start climbing clocktowers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Watching the replay- Graves was warming up- didn't even see Bell warming up on camera. I'm still pissed
    I have it from a GOOD source that Bell has gone to Mullen and said that he doesn't want place kick. This was at the beginning of the year.

vCash
    No but watching NW ST kick a 52 on us did.

vCash
    Do kickers generally get more range with age?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm more pissed that Mullen didn't call a timeout to avoid the delay of game than Mullen marching Bell out there for the 52 yarder. That can't happen!!! Who knows, may have cost us the West.

vCash
    Mullen makes some inexplicable decisions at times. Pulling Bell off the sidelines to try and kick a game winner is one of them. I'm convinced Bell wouldn't have made that FG against LSU if Miles would have given him 10 tries (rather than just the 2). But Mullen gonna Mullen. Just like the deal with Shump right now. If Mullen can't see Shump is not an SEC feature back then I just don't know what the man is looking at. At this point, since he refuses to let Lee or Williams even be in the game plan, I'm for giving 15-20 carries a game to Holloway and just hope against hope that he can take the punishment.

vCash
    Yep. First thing I thought was this is about where we would have kicked from if we take the timeout. Then he freaking drills it.

vCash
    AGREED!.. He had a good extra 6 yards distance on that kick. Why does our long kicker use the right hash mark and try to draw the kick when he would have much more room to do it from the left hash mark? I know the kid tried... and it had the length and heigth. it would have been good from the left side of the field...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    AGREED!.. He had a good extra 6 yards distance on that kick. Why does our long kicker use the right hash mark and try to draw the kick when he would have much more room to do it from the left hash mark? I know the kid tried... and it had the length and heigth. it would have been good from the left side of the field...
    How did our kicker have any say what hash mark he kicks from in that instant?