Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to go ahead and call it....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So the east is bad and the worst team in the east played OM well at OM, but Florida has no shot in Gainesville ... Makes sense
    With this logic you can argue that since we played so horribly against USM, Mizzou has a good chance of beating us. Get outta here with that man. When you look at a game objectively you look no further than the talent each team has. I know it pains you to admit OM is talented but it's true. Just like we have more talent than Missouri and should roll in that game they are more talented than Florida...

Banned
    vCash
    So the east is bad and the worst team in the east played OM well at OM, but Florida has no shot in Gainesville ... Makes sense
    With this logic you can argue that since we played so horribly against USM, Mizzou has a good chance of beating us. Get outta here with that man. When you look at a game objectively you look no further than the talent each team has. I know it pains you to admit OM is talented but it's true. Just like we have more talent than Missouri and should roll in that game they are more talented than Florida...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechop Womack View Post
    Since 2011 Florida's recruiting rankings are 11, 4, 3, 9 and 21 last year with the coaching change. But you think it's obvious that UNM out talents Florida? I will give you they have some of the better players at certain positions but overall team talent...Florida has more talent than I think you believe. What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. That will take some time. But don't act like Florida has talent just above Vandy.

vCash
    When you look at om's talent vs vandy's what "objective" result did you come up with? An 11 point win?

There's more to football games than pure talent. Florida is a bad matchup for om's offense. Florida's secondary matches up well with om's wr's. Om's defense is certainly superior to Florida's offense, but Connor out opens up the te some. Florida loves using their te.

I think this game is much closer than the blowout you expect. Maybe Vegas should call you for you "objectivity" and move the line to OM -35, since OM is unbeatable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Since 2011 Florida's recruiting rankings are 11, 4, 3, 9 and 21 last year with the coaching change. But you think it's obvious that UNM out talents Florida? I will give you they have some of the better players at certain positions but overall team talent...Florida has more talent than I think you believe. What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. That will take some time. But don't act like Florida has talent just above Vandy.
    OM will be without 2 1st round nfl players also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'll defend ya some, MS7...

Given how the Bammer/OM played out with TOs and short fields for OM, I'd agree that The Swamp will likely be "more hostile" than BDS was vs OM...

and UF's secondary is better than UA's... this "Break but don't Bend" defense is frustrating, at times...

I think Florida's team and fans are hungrier for a win right now. They have been on the outside looking in for several years now, it?s like getting to sit at the head of the table for years and being the center of attention and then suddenly and with out warning being move to the back yard picnic table. That team will be fired up and the fans will be fired up. They are ready to be an important part of college football again. They are 4-0 and have the #3 team in the country coming in. Ole Miss better be ready to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think Florida's team and fans are hungrier for a win right now. They have been on the outside looking in for several years now, it?s like getting to sit at the head of the table for years and being the center of attention and then being move to the back yard picnic table. The team will be fired up and the fans will be fired up. They are ready to be relative again. They are 4-0 and have the #3 team in the country coming in. Ole Miss better be ready to play.
    It's gonna come down to Kelly. If Kelly doesn't turn it over, OM will win. If he turns it over, it's real close. If Kelly lets vh3 hit him for a pick 6, Florida wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What hurts them is QB and another new offense and identity to make the offense go. .
    I think Ole Miss has a QB problem as well. It started to turn up against Bama. Ole MIss had 94 total yards in the first half of that game. Bama saved Kellys ass. It really started to show it's ugly head against Vandy. Kellys head is going to get so turned around Saturday he is going to look like that little girl from the Exorcist.

Banned
    vCash
    When you look at om's talent vs vandy's what "objective" result did you come up with? An 11 point win?

There's more to football games than pure talent. Florida is a bad matchup for om's offense. Florida's secondary matches up well with om's wr's. Om's defense is certainly superior to Florida's offense, but Connor out opens up the te some. Florida loves using their te.

I think this game is much closer than the blowout you expect. Maybe Vegas should call you for you "objectivity" and move the line to OM -35, since OM is unbeatable
    First of all, I never said anything about a blowout... I said to say Florida pulls off the upset is wishful thinking... Don't put words in my mouth... I have watched both teams play and yes I'm sorry OM is more talented than Florida... And if Vegas has them as a 6.5 point favorite in such a "hostile" environment then I would say they are pretty confident too.... Look we all want them to lose but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous... We can talk about this on Sunday and if I'm wrong I will own it (but I won't be wrong... See my LSU prediction)... Personally, I think we need to focus on A&M... But that's just me

vCash
    UF by 10.

vCash
    First of all, I never said anything about a blowout... I said to say Florida pulls off the upset is wishful thinking... Don't put words in my mouth... I have watched both teams play and yes I'm sorry OM is more talented than Florida... And if Vegas has them as a 6.5 point favorite in such a "hostile" environment then I would say they are pretty confident too.... Look we all want them to lose but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous... We can talk about this on Sunday and if I'm wrong I will own it (but I won't be wrong... See my LSU prediction)... Personally, I think we need to focus on A&M... But that's just me
    I said the game will be close and you attacked my objectivity. If you attacked me for saying it will be close, what were you in essence saying?

Also, I'm not so vain to think my focus on the aTm game will make one bit of difference. You are right though, this argument is getting old. Haha

vCash
    but actively rooting against them and to say that every team they play has a legit shot at the upset is ridiculous
    Do what? I'm not going to call you a bear, but I'll lump you in with the other MSU fans that just can't fathom someone is better than the Bears. Talk about little brother syndrome. Geez. You sound just like the State fan I argued with last week that it's "obvious" Kelly is a better QB than Dak.

And what the hell, man? You think actively rooting against your rival is ridiculous? Seriously? And somehow thinking Florida has a chance to upset them in the Swamp is ridiculous?

I guess it goes without saying you think it is ridiculous for any MSU fan to think we can win against aTm. I mean they are 6.5 point favorites. Guess we should all be concentrating on the Troy game now since it would be ridiculous to even think we have a chance in College Station.

vCash
    Guys, make sure we focus on Texas A&M. If we, as message board posters, are not focused, the team will not play well.**

vCash
    I got an idea, why don't yall just make a bet on the OM/UF game?

vCash, real cash or a sig?... I've found that often resolves who has both confidence and conviction...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    So in your "objective" opinion Auburn would kill us this past Saturday. Gotcha...makes perfect sense.*

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Only problem I see is that Fla will be coming off winning a game against a bitter rival. No. Miss is not a rival of theirs. They will be up no doubt, but it won't be the hate that they have for Tn. Another thing...Fla. is learning how to win again. Mentally, do they have what it takes? I certainly hope so.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So in your "objective" opinion Auburn would kill us this past Saturday. Gotcha...makes perfect sense.*
    Negative... IMO we are more talented than Auburn... I actually money-lined us last weekend.. so there's that... And TUSK, Pokechop Womack is a degenerate gambler always willing to take on a friendly wager...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Only problem I see is that Fla will be coming off winning a game against a bitter rival. No. Miss is not a rival of theirs. They will be up no doubt, but it won't be the hate that they have for Tn. Another thing...Fla. is learning how to win again. Mentally, do they have what it takes? I certainly hope so.
    Florida can only win if they win the TO battle. If OM plays clean, they win.

vCash
    I should have said Florida by 20.

vCash
    Behr is the man. Nailed this one.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22