Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to go ahead and call it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I predicted either them or Memphis. That Memphis game is a setting up as a classic trap game.
    Trap game is correct. If they escape UF, they will be focused on a possible Game Day match up with AM the next week. Not Tiger High.

That's the game they wish wasn't on the schedule this year.

Memphis's entire season is focused in around this game. They believe they can win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    They believe they can win.
    Too bad their defense is a personification of the Maginot Line....

vCash
    Memphis won't beat UNM. That defense is too soft. Florida has the best chance to beat them so far. I'd love for UF to embarrass them in the Swamp.

vCash
    I saw Memphis give up like 600 yards to Cincy the other night. That defense isn't beating Mississippi. They will keep it close for a half or so, but unless the Bears trip over the dick, they will win by two or three TD's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I predicted either them or Memphis. That Memphis game is a setting up as a classic trap game.
    As someone who follows Memphis sports almost as closely as ours, I wasn't giving it a chance in hell prior to this weekend, but I now think it could happen if the stars align just right. Memphis would beat Vandy this year.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I saw Memphis give up like 600 yards to Cincy the other night. That defense isn't beating Mississippi. They will keep it close for a half or so, but unless the Bears trip over the dick, they will win by two or three TD's.
    We saw Bama turn it over 5 times against them! Funny how TO make games more even..Kelly throws a few picks, it could get interesting.

vCash
    Keep an eye on Florida's te. Florida loves throwing to te and vandy's had 5 catches 57 yards last week. With Connor out, I think a te can hurt OM.

If Florida can keep it within a score and commit to the run, I think they have a decent shot. Not just ready to call an upset though

Banned
    vCash
    Personally, I think this is wishful thinking... besides Georgia the East is just horrible guys... But here's to hoping for the upset!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechop Womack View Post
    Personally, I think this is wishful thinking... besides Georgia the East is just horrible guys... But here's to hoping for the upset!
    Considering the worst team in the east took OM to the 4th quarter in Oxford, I don't think it's wishful thinking.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Considering the worst team in the east took OM to the 4th quarter in Oxford, I don't think it's wishful thinking.
    The week after they played Alabama... just saying they looked a little hungover saturday... therefore you can't really judge them on that performance... Now if they play like that at Florida then judge away... but i still think thats wishful thinking
    Last edited by Pokechop Womack; 09-28-2015 at 10:13 AM.

vCash
    The week after they played Alabama... just saying they looked a little hungover saturday... therefore you can't really judge them on that performance... Now if they play like that at Florida then judge away... but i still think thats wishful thinking
    The week after they played bama last week, they ripped aTm a new one on the road. The line is 7, not 25... I'm not ready to pick Florida just yet, but this is hardly Fresno state they're playing. Florida will be the best defense Kelly has seen in his career at a hostile place. If Kelly turns it over 2 times again, watch out

vCash
    The week after they played bama last week, they ripped aTm a new one on the road. The line is 7, not 25... I'm not ready to pick Florida just yet, but this is hardly Fresno state they're playing. Florida will be the best defense Kelly has seen in his career at a hostile place. If Kelly turns it over 2 times again, watch out
    UF D > Bama D ? I don't know about that but hopefully UF doesn't give the game away like Bama did.

Banned
    vCash
    So now you are saying that Florida's defense is better than Alabama's and the Swamp is more hostile than Bryant Denny? That's insane. Their defense will be good and the crowd will be loud but the whole "best defense he's ever seen" and "hostile stadium" argument don't make any sense anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    UF D > Bama D ? I don't know about that but hopefully UF doesn't give the game away like Bama did.
    If the opponent is OM, then yes. Florida gets after the qb better and has a much better secondary

vCash
    So now you are saying that Florida's defense is better than Alabama's and the Swamp is more hostile than Bryant Denny? That's insane. Their defense will be good and the crowd will be loud but the whole "best defense he's ever seen" and "hostile stadium" argument don't make any sense anymore.
    Alabama is a great defense vs the run. They're not against the pass. Florida is better vs the pass.

Didn't say Florida is more hostile than bama. Bryant Denny is much easier place to play when you start drives on bama's side of the field... If Florida holds on to the ball, this is a game.

Everyone laughed at me when I called a close win over vandy too. This will be even closer.

Btw... You sure take up for OM

vCash

Womack was the best O-Lineman to ever play at state. His down field blocking in the BYU game was a thing of beauty. If I was a high school coach I would show that play before every game to my O-Lineman.

However he did mispell Pork Chop. Is that a slam?

vCash
    Alabama is a great defense vs the run. They're not against the pass. Florida is better vs the pass.

Didn't say Florida is more hostile than bama. Bryant Denny is much easier place to play when you start drives on bama's side of the field... If Florida holds on to the ball, this is a game.

Everyone laughed at me when I called a close win over vandy too. This will be even closer.

I'll defend ya some, MS7...

Given how the Bammer/OM played out with TOs and short fields for OM, I'd agree that The Swamp will likely be "more hostile" than BDS was vs OM...

and UF's secondary is better than UA's... this "Break but don't Bend" defense is frustrating, at times...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash

Haha and once again my objectivity has brought out the "you're a troll" comment. That's laughable. I just call it like I see it. I hope you don't bet on games... I'm not taking up for OM I am just still of the opinion that outside of Georgia the East is just really bad... And no, Jack, it's not a slam.. Like you said one of the best O lineman to ever play at state.. Also, beats out Pig Prather for the best nickname..

vCash
    Haha and once again my objectivity has brought out the "you're a troll" comment. That's laughable. I just call it like I see it. I hope you don't bet on games... I'm not taking up for OM I am just still of the opinion that outside of Georgia the East is just really bad... And no, Jack, it's not a slam.. Like you said one of the best O lineman to ever play at state.. Also, beats out Pig Prather for the best nickname..
    So the east is bad and the worst team in the east played OM well at OM, but Florida has no shot in Gainesville ... Makes sense

vCash
    Well to take up for MS7 a bit, he called the UNM Vandy game pretty well. So if he made a bet he did pretty well. And I think it's just you have been positive UNM on more than one occasion lately that I recall as well. 7 is probably calling things "like he sees it as well". Or else he would have the same opinion as you. He has been more of a minority voice on calling for an upset for them against Florida for a while. And that's kind of a cop out. Someone calls someone else out and they go to to the I'm just being real or seeing it how I see it or seeing things for what they really are. Those statements are nothing more than your perception. It's no more the truth than his perception. The truth, as always, lie elsewhere.