Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Ole Mi$$ is determined to go on probation...

vCash
    It won't have to be the Texas Alums or Boosters who hit them first. The DFW Media Market remains as cutthroat as it was depicted in 'Pony Excess'. If they pick up the scent it will go to ground quickly. Mack Brown has no reason to fear Rebel retribution in his home state. Not like Freeze and company got the goods on them.

I fall into the category of the Bears being Teflon Coated Recruiting Serial Killers. Somebody could film one of their 5 Stars being blown with one hand on the blonde's head holding a crack pipe and the other hand taking a bag of cash from the school's biggest booster - they would still prancercise their way through it.

Meanwhile one of our 3 star kids gets a coupon for a dipped cone at Dairy Queen and our compliance office dispatches a group of wailing women to confess our crimes to the NCAA.

vCash
    We say this EVERY year and nothing has happened yet so I highly doubt anything comes from it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Auburn has had former player go rouge, talk about getting paid, and nothing happens.

Look, NOTHING happens unless a school turns itself in.
    Bingo. You only get in trouble for recruiting violations these days if you turn yourself in and do the NCAA's investigation for them ala Bracky-style. That's why MSU compliance is one of the biggest roadblocks right now to MSU football success.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    It won't have to be the Texas Alums or Boosters who hit them first. The DFW Media Market remains as cutthroat as it was depicted in 'Pony Excess'. If they pick up the scent it will go to ground quickly. Mack Brown has no reason to fear Rebel retribution in his home state. Not like Freeze and company got the goods on them.

I fall into the category of the Bears being Teflon Coated Recruiting Serial Killers. Somebody could film one of their 5 Stars being blown with one hand on the blonde's head holding a crack pipe and the other hand taking a bag of cash from the school's biggest booster - they would still prancercise their way through it.

Meanwhile one of our 3 star kids gets a coupon for a dipped cone at Dairy Queen and our compliance office dispatches a group of wailing women to confess our crimes to the NCAA.
    hell of a first post my friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonDawg4Life View Post
    Hack, when is the "IT" coming out??
    they outsource their compliance and don't comply with FOIA requests from reporters. Might not come out until an investigation is concluded... but I feel pretty strongly that one will be conducted. Might find nothing... might find a lot.

Banned
    vCash
    Probably doesn't matter but Tunsil is from Lake City, FL. More Gator territory than anything else, the intersection of I-10 and I-75 essentially. They got him because the Tuohy's gave them Super Bowl tickets and a few 100K.

vCash
    Guess if you're 6'5 potential big time recruit they will adopt you but I'm sure its just their out pouring love

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    they outsource their compliance and don't comply with FOIA requests from reporters. Might not come out until an investigation is concluded... but I feel pretty strongly that one will be conducted. Might find nothing... might find a lot.
    Outsourcing compliance to a law group and then camping out behind attourney client priviledge is a stroke of genius. We should do that.

That outsourced compliance dept can be as unscroupulous as they want, doing nothing illegal and everything against the rules - all outside any direct instruction or knowledge from Ole Miss. The cheaters conduct their own investigations and find nothing. So simple, it is laughable.

And ridiculous that we don't do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    Guess if you're 6'5 potential big time recruit they will adopt you but I'm sure its just their out pouring love
    I've always wondered why they didnt adopt his brothers and sisters. Wasn't he their "caretaker" for a while? And the. he just gets adopted and they're on their own?

vCash
    Because I think of their big boosters like the Mandingo guy on Django exploiting men til they are used up or done then when they no longer find use for them throwing them to the dogs wish people could see past how shallow these people are. And to answer the question the other siblings had nothing to offer

vCash
    I've always wondered why they didnt adopt his brothers and sisters. Wasn't he their "caretaker" for a while? And the. he just gets adopted and they're on their own?
    ****'em if they cant block SEC DE's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Probably doesn't matter but Tunsil is from Lake City, FL. More Gator territory than anything else, the intersection of I-10 and I-75 essentially. They got him because the Tuohy's gave them Super Bowl tickets and a few 100K.
    I sure hope you have sent to NCAA any rumor you have heard about tunsil and cash.

vCash
    Forget the NCAA send it to the pissed off Texas reporter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    Forget the NCAA send it to the pissed off Texas reporter
    +1

Banned
    vCash
    I heard they paid treadwell 325k and tunsil 400k .... from my best friends dads basketball team starting center. he is treadwell a cousin and has told me this

vCash
    From 4 years ago. This has all been a long time coming.

vCash
    seems like the NCAA would have learned a lesson here and should change policy about getting around this FOIA by outsourcing ... but of course it might not even matter to them, maybe it's a federal issue. It's actually a brilliant maneuver by them but in this case it's only delaying the inevitable ... There shouldn't be a way to circumvent the act and render it almost useless ..... however, they did give up the phone records so there's that

ETA - can't believe I just responded to a 4 year old thread
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 07-21-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    @EricNahlin
    From what I've heard a certain SEC booster is buddy buddy with a DFW power. Once I get the booster's name...fireworks. Just need his name.

@EricNahlin
    Victor Evans to Ole Mi$$. LOL.
    Jim Shute? He's from Dallas.