Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dak comments

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't see James going anywhere after this year. I don't think he gets drafted. That's good for us. I also saw F. Adams on the participation list. Didn't know we pulled his redshirt.
    It wasn't Fletcher it was a walk on wearing #43.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's has not been the talking point about all of this. It's been well if big time programs play true freshman yards yada because they all go pro and they promise playing time because you can't redshirt 5 stars. Except they do and not all of them play. And I was using that as an example of a highly recruited guy from a bigger more sophiscated program and it just takes a while for 70-80% of these players. And that's just to play as a freshman much less start from day one as a safety. Coach does agree with you but he also states they are NOT ready. Period. If I have not misquoted him he is on point with you on a lot of this. But they are not ready. And he has been adamant about that for a while. Look you are hard headed enough that you are going keep on with this until they play and then probably when they do they will look pretty good and you will say "See, I was right. We should have been playing them all along Dan is an idiot". And you would be just as wrong as you are right now. They will play when they are ready. If by next fall there is an issue of them not playing and they look ready, then I will be right there with you. But, and I know you are not going to listen, you beating this horse every day won't make them ready quicker or get them on the field faster. They are talented but as a sliding scale they cannot over come the other guys experience just yet. Peters looks the closest right now but if McLaurin shakes off his mistakes and learns quickly they both could be right there hitting stride at the same time.
    Doesn't really matter. The narrative changes every week. From "you haven't seen them play" to "well, OK you've seen them play but you aren't at practice" or "you're just looking at starzzz" to now "well it's just Northwestern State". The way it's going the conclusion is going to be "well, they weren't ready when you said they were." Whatever makes you feel better. All I care about is putting the best people on the field to give us the best chance to win. We haven't done that at several positions- not just safety. So, either I'm right or have really good foresight.

McLaurin can take his time and develop because of Bryant. If we play Coman, Peters, Market, and Bryant we're going to be a lot better off than we would be playing just Coman and Market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't see James going anywhere after this year. I don't think he gets drafted. That's good for us. I also saw F. Adams on the participation list. Didn't know we pulled his redshirt.
    If Cherrington got a look in the NFL and Tommy Kelly played a decade in the NFL, you better believe they'll be happy to give Nick James a chance.

I think he is gone after this year personally and I will wish him well even though I would love for him to come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    yeh cause Zach Jack, Richie, Coman, and Market are ****ing awesome!!**
    I will agree with you for the most part on Jackson. I want to see Gray in there more. Richie? This sudden decision our fan base has made that Richie is the poster child for any issues we may have is ridiculous. Richie Brown is a good freaking LB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Doesn't really matter. The narrative changes every week. From "you haven't seen them play" to "well, OK you've seen them play but you aren't at practice" or "you're just looking at starzzz" to now "well it's just Northwestern State". The way it's going the conclusion is going to be "well, they weren't ready when you said they were." Whatever makes you feel better. All I care about is putting the best people on the field to give us the best chance to win. We haven't done that at several positions- not just safety. So, either I'm right or have really good foresight.

McLaurin can take his time and develop because of Bryant. If we play Coman, Peters, Market, and Bryant we're going to be a lot better off than we would be playing just Coman and Market.
    Yes, but your problem is that you assume the coaches do not feel the same way.

vCash
    No, I don't know everything inside the program. I do know by watching who the better players are- and have been pretty accurate thus far. I also know that the point of the game is to put the best people out there to give yourself the best chance to win. Not nitpick certain players while giving others a pass.
    And the best are not those two at safety yet. Who were the best two freshman safety's last year? Adams at LSU and Kelly at Tenn? Well one had 3 starts by the end of the year and the other had two. Peters tackle totals are in line with Kelly after their first 3 games respectfully at 7 tackles. Adams had 9 and didn't play safety the first game of the year for LSU against Wisconsin either. They were brought in more and more as they got ready during the course of the year. And both teams needed safety help as well. Teams just do not throw safety's out there like you want to think they do. Sure a few like Collins and Bell get out there quicker but they are by far the exception not the rule.

vCash

My narrative hasn't changed. First you were making a snap judgement without any basis for your opinion other than they were highly rated out of high school and reports that they looked really good and they fact you were fooled by the USM game that both safety's played horrible. No they didn't other than Market not getting over quick enough on a blown coverage by the LB. Maybe Peters does or maybe he doesn't recognize the blown assignment at all. We don't know. And looking really good in camp is not the same as being ready to play a lot. Which is exactly what I have always stated. They are very talented but will not be ready for a while. Maybe later in the year or next year. That's it. That's all I have said and the games they have played hasn't changed my mind in seeing them in action either. May be Peters is about to take the next step. Good for him if he does but I still don't think he is ready to play a lot yet against these next two teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes, but your problem is that you assume the coaches do not feel the same way.
    I think the coaches do put who they feel is the best player on the field. I just think they misevaluate that sometimes because they place too much emphasis on certain things and I don't think they do a good job of giving players a chance to get experience early. I also think Dan lacks creativity at times in terms of getting and utilizing some of our players especially on offense. I don't think they are tanking us on purpose or anything like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    My narrative hasn't changed. First you were making a snap judgement without any basis for your opinion other than they were highly rated out of high school and reports that they looked really good and they fact you were fooled by the USM game that both safety's played horrible. No they didn't other than Market not getting over quick enough on a blown coverage by the LB. Maybe Peters does or maybe he doesn't recognize the blown assignment at all. We don't know. And looking really good in camp is not the same as being ready to play a lot. Which is exactly what I have always stated. They are very talented but will not be ready for a while. Maybe later in the year or next year. That's it. That's all I have said and the games they have played hasn't changed my mind in seeing them in action either. May be Peters is about to take the next step. Good for him if he does but I still don't think he is ready to play a lot yet against these next two teams.
    Wasn't referring to you specifically. So many people were trying to call me out I can't remember who said what. I was pretty open about the fact that I had watched most of the players I was touting in person in high school- there was no "snap judgement". I don't place a lot of stock into what recruiting experts have to say about a player. Their best use is basically informing us what players MSU is looking at so that I can go out and know who to look for.

There is a reason I have been right about Lee, Williams, Green, Gray, and yes....even Peters and McLaurin are performing and I was most certainly right about Coman not being the second coming of Ronnie Lott. And it's not because I have a subscription to Genespage.