Quote Originally Posted by ComradeDawg View Post
to MSUDawg and TopDog, our lack of a running game down the stretch had more to do with playing a lopsided schedule than anything else. the first 7 being so easy and the last 5 being so hard didn't allow us to develop good habits against great defenses. We were playing the same style of ball against Bama, LSU, aTm and bears as we were against terrible SEC adn OOC teams. You cant do that and win against the top of th econference. had those games been spread out, we would have been more prepared to play smash mouth with the big boys.

I think we had the ability to play with and win against bama, lsu, atm and bears for sure, we just didnt get that hard nosed edge installed in time. we got soft playing soft teams for 7 weeks straight and we got over conifdent. Once we got smacked by Bama and atm, we lost our want to. If Arky hadn't quit and our O woke up in the second half, we might have lost that one too.

all I'm saying is that this years schedule dont setup that way. we get OSU and LSU early and a good one against USCe before bama, atm and bears. Meaning, we'll have to put on our big boy pants much earlier and we'll have them broken in better by then. Yall are going to hate all the shit I'm going to dish out when we're sitting at 7-2 before the bama game...
If we are sitting a 7-2 before the Bama game, you can talk shit to me all you want. However, if we ARE 7-2 it will primarily mean we ran the ball well and we stopped the run well. Regardless of where the better teams are placed on the schedule.

But, let's hope we're 7-2 and put a major ass-whipping on Bama. Shit talking for everyone!