Why doesn't Mississippi State get respect from the national media?

After looking on the forum and thinking long and hard, its really very easy to see why we get no respect, IMO.

Money. Plain and simple, its money. We don't have one of the richest alumni bases in the SEC. That will not change. We can go and win a national championship this year (and we better at least come close) and next year we could be unranked. "They lost Dak," will be the reason. But its really money. If the alumni base is not rolling in money, it doesn't sell ads, papers, TV subscriptions, etc like richer colleges would.

My point is we have to be the Boise State or TCU of the conference. Prove it on the field, consistently, and I believe that is what CDM is doing. He's built the program for the long haul.

We, as fans, have to realize that only consistency will edge the media our way. One down year, and all of the work to improve our standing in the media's eyes will be gone. As my dad always says, "One 'aw sh!t', will screw up a whole bunch of attaboys!"

In the end, the fans and alumni have to realize that we cannot support a program to hope to have media prominence. We have to support this program for us, to spite everyone else.

Ok, I'm stepping down from my soap box.

What do you guys think?