Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sign Big Softie may be out awhile?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    yeah when this news hits the spirit (letting him play vs. Bama) it'll just be "crickets chirping". Doesn't fit their narrative, lol. OM has never actually lost a game to bam a on the field, did you know that? Always the Refs/slive/ doyle jackson and replay/ some ex asst coach/etc etc etc.
    Or they ran out of time.

vCash
    The Bears I talked to don't have a clue.
    The company line is that it's a self imposed 2 games.
    If so why don't they come out with that info to the media?
    I don't think they have a clue and are praying he will be cleared
    By the NCAA by the Bama game.
    I think he's done pkaying at Northern Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    from my bear sources - agreed to sit 3 games, bama not one of them, will sit next week and then later in the year, another OOC game they guess. They also say we have a DB that could sit next week due to suspension. I believe then on the OM stuff, zero credence on our stuff. The only "source" they have for that is usually me or other friends like me, and that ain't much, lol.
    hahahahahahahha I like how your source threw that nugget in there.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    The Bears I talked to don't have a clue.
    The company line is that it's a self imposed 2 games.
    If so why don't they come out with that info to the media?
    I don't think they have a clue and are praying he will be cleared
    By the NCAA by the Bama game.
    I think he's done pkaying at Northern Mississippi.
    They do not have a clue. Before Saturday, all was well with Softie and the lawsuit against pops was evidence that there was no wrongdoing and it was all slander. Fast forward to Saturday, party line said "only one game, he'll be back next week!"

Now after Bucky speaks, they start their usual spin cycle and try to devise numerous off the wall theories to help them cope and sleep at night, knowing their beloved cheating university and football program may finally be too big for their britches on that 2013 National Cheating Signing class. They've gotten away with murder so many times by lawyering up and scheming the system, but now the evidence is just too strong for them to walk on a technicality.

I'm not saying they will roast over this, but the NCAA dragging its feet and making them squirm in anguish, while sitting a starter, is punishment in itself.

ETA- those delusional bustards should be thanking the NCAA over this. Sitting Softie has already given them a built in excuse for Bama demolishing them. If he plays they'll have the excuse that the OL didn't have time to Gel. If he sits "they didn't have the #1 overall pick in next year's draft!" It actually works to their advantage, being the delusional fan base they are.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 09-08-2015 at 07:07 AM.

vCash
    here's what it comes down to:

If he plays against Bama, it was a self-imposed suspension and likely nothing more happens
    If he doesn't play against Bama, it's the NCAA and they could actually be in trouble

vCash
    P.Alford just said on OOB that Freeze told him he didn't think he would play Tunsil without clearance from ncaa. Grain of salt of course
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Freeze almost certainly knows what UM does. I took that to mean that they are waiting on the NCAA to rule. The other possibility is that they know something bigger that two games for Tunsil is coming and he is trying to distance himself from the fallout. Since Freeze issuing a hasty statement about stepdad is basically what escalated this to the level it's at right now, I wouldn't blame him from trying to get a little separation from it if the latter possibility is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    here's what it comes down to:

If he plays against Bama, it was a self-imposed suspension and likely nothing more happens
    If he doesn't play against Bama, it's the NCAA and they could actually be in trouble
    I definitely think it is NCAA related. Their statement said as much if you believe it. Now what they may hope will happen is them voluntarily holding him out for two weeks will grease the wheels and the NCAA say that is punishment enough along with him paying back whatever improper benefit led to all this...assuming it is benefit related and him not skipping classes, grade changes, etc. Like I said earlier - if he sits the bama game I don't think he sets foot back on the field this season. No way Freeze holds him out without the NCAA threatening to come down on him like a ton of bricks for the biggest game of the season unless his balls are inches from the fire and he knows it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I definitely think it is NCAA related. Their statement said as much if you believe it. Now what they may hope will happen is them voluntarily holding him out for two weeks will grease the wheels and the NCAA say that is punishment enough along with him paying back whatever improper benefit led to all this...assuming it is benefit related and him not skipping classes, grade changes, etc. Like I said earlier - if he sits the bama game I don't think he sets foot back on the field this season. No way Freeze holds him out without the NCAA threatening to come down on him like a ton of bricks for the biggest game of the season unless his balls are inches from the fire and he knows it.

this was pretty much what I was trying to say. he's being held out because the NCAA is investigating. If he's back for Bama, then their voluntary suspension was enough and the case is likely closed. If he's not back for Bama then they could actually be in for NCAA punishment.

Banned
    vCash
    If he's back for Bama there will be some public statement beforehand from the NCAA that they have either found no wrongdoing or have judged the 2 game suspension sufficient for whatever went down. I find the latter scenario to be highly unlikely. There is no way they can play him against Bama after sitting him the first two games without that blessing. They have already blinked and painted themselves into a corner. They are operating on the NCAA's timeline now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    If he's back for Bama there will be some public statement beforehand from the NCAA that they have either found no wrongdoing or have judged the 2 game suspension sufficient for whatever went down. I find the latter scenario to be highly unlikely. There is no way they can play him against Bama after sitting him the first two games without that blessing. They have already blinked and painted themselves into a corner. They are operating on the NCAA's timeline now.
    This... Hugh has pretty much said this already.
    "Freeze also intimated that he was uncertain if he would play Tunsil before receiving further clarification that his preseason All-American left tackle is indeed cleared to play when No. 17 Ole Miss plays host to Fresno State on Saturday (2:30 p.m., ESPN2)."

“I would have to be made to feel very comfortable about that, that our program is not at risk, and that would have to come from our administration above me,” Freeze said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...tate/71851496/

They know they cheated and now are worried like Hell, just hoping they can keep in contained tojust Tunsil.

vCash
    17 them all.

Eat crap UM. Good luck.

vCash
    When does the hammer come down on Mr. Broke Leg?

vCash
    You guys may be missing the biggest indicator the NCAA is pressing - none of you are getting a consistent message out of your UNM contacts. Usually they push a party line within hours of an allegation. A consistent, total denial followed with an Ice Cream for the masses like - recruiting rumors or a potential Game Day visit. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    You guys may be missing the biggest indicator the NCAA is pressing - none of you are getting a consistent message out of your UNM contacts. Usually they push a party line within hours of an allegation. A consistent, total denial followed with an Ice Cream for the masses like - recruiting rumors or a potential Game Day visit. Just a thought.
    Or most importantly, a big recruit jumping in the boat.

vCash
    The rank and file know no more that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post

Banned
    vCash
    I thought seeing Tunsil on the front page of the C-L with a Rolex looking watch this morning that he figured he was already done!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The Obama of college football.
    How dare you insult Barry like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    They do not have a clue. Before Saturday, all was well with Softie and the lawsuit against pops was evidence that there was no wrongdoing and it was all slander. Fast forward to Saturday, party line said "only one game, he'll be back next week!"

Now after Bucky speaks, they start their usual spin cycle and try to devise numerous off the wall theories to help them cope and sleep at night, knowing their beloved cheating university and football program may finally be too big for their britches on that 2013 National Cheating Signing class. They've gotten away with murder so many times by lawyering up and scheming the system, but now the evidence is just too strong for them to walk on a technicality.

I'm not saying they will roast over this, but the NCAA dragging its feet and making them squirm in anguish, while sitting a starter, is punishment in itself.

ETA- those delusional bustards should be thanking the NCAA over this. Sitting Softie has already given them a built in excuse for Bama demolishing them. If he plays they'll have the excuse that the OL didn't have time to Gel. If he sits "they didn't have the #1 overall pick in next year's draft!" It actually works to their advantage, being the delusional fan base they are.
    I've got an extra ticket on the bandwagon, if interested*...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I thought seeing Tunsil on the front page of the C-L with a Rolex looking watch this morning that he figured he was already done!***
    Yeah he doesn't care about an NCAA investigation... That watch was just a gift from his agent...

tunsil watch.jpg