Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emcc-co-Lin

vCash

Emcc-co-Lin

In overtime. Tied at 24

vCash
    Co-Lin wins 31-24

vCash
    I find myself cheering for Co-Lin like an Atlanta Braves fan cheers for the Mississippi Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Co-Lin wins 31-24
    Awesome

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    That's a REALLY big win for Co-Lin. Probably will be the only team that could possibly beat EMCC this year.

vCash
    Co-Lin completely outplayed them but made some mistakes that kept it close. Champion looked real good to me.

vCash
    medium egg bowl.....
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Sucks for EMCC this game was so early on the schedule. They are still figuring things out with a boatload of new players. Hopefully we both make it to the state title game and we can avenge this loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    Sucks for EMCC this game was so early on the schedule. They are still figuring things out with a boatload of new players. Hopefully we both make it to the state title game and we can avenge this loss.
    Hasn't it been the same time for a while? I know it was last year. Didn't suck then when EMCC won so why would it now? Play who you play when you play.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 09-04-2015 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    Doesn't every juco have a boatload of new players every year?

vCash
    No it's not at the same time every year. They don't even play Co-Lin every year. Wouldn't you rather play a tough opponent later in the season when you've had more time to figure things out as opposed to the 2nd game of the year? That's what I meant by it sucks for EMCC.

Banned
    vCash
    So it sucks for EMCC that they couldn't figure out how to play with their new boat load of players as quickly as CoLin was able to figure out what to do with their boat load of new players?

vCash
    Sure they do. But it was a mass exodus for Scooba especially on defense. Not an excuse for the loss. Co-Lin deserved to win the game.

vCash
    No it's not at the same time every year. They don't even play Co-Lin every year. Wouldn't you rather play a tough opponent later in the season when you've had more time to figure things out as opposed to the 2nd game of the year? That's what I meant by it sucks for EMCC.
    Yes it was played the second game last year and like the 3rd game the year before. It goes both ways though and this is illogical fandom at its best. ECCC was ranked #1 so by your logic every other team should play several games before playing a tough game against ECCC. That's what you are essential saying. Because if it sucked for you, the #1 team in the country, what do you suggest your opponents do when they play you early? It's sucks to play a tough opponent early but you are failing to see Co-Lin is in the same boat the last two years against ECCC and honestly it's one of the best times to play a tough opponent. But it goes both ways and as the #1 team it can't really suck for you because everybody is suppose to be below you anyway. I know that's not real life but the schedule is the schedule and the players don't care about that crap.

vCash
    Is this concept really that difficult to grasp? I'm not saying any of that shit you spewed in the early parts of your paragraph. FROM THE EMCC PERSPECTIVE, it would have been better FOR EMCC to play Co-Lin later in the year. You're right the schedule is what it is. Co-Lin was better prepared to play yesterday and they won. Good for them, but I don't care about them. It was just an observation from the EMCC perspective. That's all.

And they may have played Co-Lin early last year and the year before that, but their is no rule it has to be early in the season.

vCash
    Is this concept really that difficult to grasp? I'm not saying any of that shit you spewed in the early parts of your paragraph. FROM THE EMCC PERSPECTIVE, it would have been better FOR EMCC to play Co-Lin later in the year. You're right the schedule is what it is. Co-Lin was better prepared to play yesterday and they won. Good for them, but I don't care about them. It was just an observation from the EMCC perspective. That's all.

And they may have played Co-Lin early last year and the year before that, but their is no rule it has to be early in the season.
    Doesn't matter if it's from only your perspective, it's still a shit excuse if the condition applied to both teams.

vCash

If EMCC would have won, like last year, from their perspective would it have sucked to play Co-Lin early? No. So win, lose or draw it's the same for everybody and when you are the #1 team no body on your schedule should suck to play. Fair or not, that's the price of the great success those teams have had. Just because you play them later is no guarantee the results are different. Maybe you are playing better but you have to account for the opponent also being better. Maybe it's just not your year and you don't progress. With JUCO the turnover is so great for everyone that the adjustment of personnel evens out in a two year span a lot of times. Sometimes teams come out hot and fizzle at the end. That's just ball and the major point of what sucks is your team lost. Hate it for you and I'm not a fan of either school. If we lose to LSU next week though I won't be complaining about playing a tough opponent the second week. The loss will suck but the schedule just is. That's ball.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 09-04-2015 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    Good Lord. I'm not reading that so you win. I concede. Go Wolves.

vCash

vCash
    Good Lord. I'm not reading that so you win. I concede. Go Wolves.
    So your saying it sucked to have to play your tough opponents in this thread so early in the year? Sorry couldn't resist, but the responses would have been the same at anytime. Schedules are made out in advance and you can't always know a certain opponent will be tough or not.