Thread: Kendrick Market in a walking boot

vCash

Kendrick Market in a walking boot

Right leg.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Feel free to take this down if it isn't something that should be posted. Just passing on what I saw
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Right leg.
    Ah, not this S&** again.

Many of our players wear walking boots, particularly ones that just had Achilles surgery.

Also hearing that Calhoun may be held out this weekend, for precautionary reasons.

Mullen say the team is healthy, & he usually tells us if guys have serious injuries. Have no reason to believe any of this is serious.

vCash
    Just passing on what I saw, shotgun.

It probably isn't a big deal at all. Considering the Achilles injury/rehab
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ah, not this S&** again.

Many of our players wear walking boots, particularly ones that just had Achilles surgery.

Also hearing that Calhoun may be held out this weekend, for precautionary reasons.

Mullen say the team is healthy, & he usually tells us if guys have serious injuries. Have no reason to believe any of this is serious.
    This^^^

Oh wait, Dak seen in a boot. 4-8 here we come***
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    You can guarantee you'll hear this next week. No kidding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This^^^

Actually, shin guards on both legs. **

vCash
    This is a guy I would be perfectly fine sitting out for Southern. He doesn't need reps and we need him full go at LSU. Also it would give the younger safeties more experience in game 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Where'sWaldo View Post
    This is a guy I would be perfectly fine sitting out for Southern. He doesn't need reps and we need him full go at LSU. Also it would give the younger safeties more experience in game 1.
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    Paul Jones said it was just precautionary.

vCash
    Maybe he's just getting the foot ready for the ass kicking they are fixing to put USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Where'sWaldo View Post
    I think the opposite. We need him to see how fast he is in a game. Don't want to find out against LSU taht he can't take the same angles he did pre-injury.

vCash
    We're screwed. Somebody just sent me this pic of Dak in his apartment:

And one of his dog:

vCash
    I think I saw Dak getting fitted for some of those leg braces Forrest Gump wore. I will repost next Wednesday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think the opposite. We need him to see how fast he is in a game. Don't want to find out against LSU taht he can't take the same angles he did pre-injury.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He won't see anyone better vs USM than what he practices against. I do want him to get some game rust knocked off and hits in but as far as speed and angles; he gets tested more at practice than this competition. The coaches probably already have a very good idea where he is at on that front. Get him as many reps as they think he needs to be game ready mentally and to get over any lingering effects, if he has any, from the injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He won't see anyone better vs USM than what he practices against. I do want him to get some game rust knocked off and hits in but as far as speed and angles; he gets tested more at practice than this competition. The coaches probably already have a very good idea where he is at on that front. Get him as many reps as they think he needs to be game ready mentally and to get over any lingering effects, if he has any, from the injury.
    If he can play game 1, he should play IMO. While market sees better athletes in practice, I'd bet he's seen enough of our offense to diagnose plays quick enough to be in position. Market was a fringe sec safety pre-injury that made up physical limitations with smarts. I wanna see if he's even more limited now before we trust him against LSU's outstanding wr's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he can play game 1, he should play IMO. While market sees better athletes in practice, I'd bet he's seen enough of our offense to diagnose plays quick enough to be in position. Market was a fringe sec safety pre-injury that made up physical limitations with smarts. I wanna see if he's even more limited now before we trust him against LSU's outstanding wr's
    Well I did say play him against USM but if there was a speed or more importantly turning and running issue it probably has already shown up in practice. Yall are talking about the physical aspect of speed, turning and that can and already has been looked at in drills and scrimmage. Taking angles is both mental and physical. Knowing your body and judging the opponents speed to be in position. Knowing what's coming and being able to physically preform are two different things. Against our WR group he has been tested physically even if he knows the play. And he already knows what LSU is about offensively. As you said he is a heady player. Now I don't know how ready he is but indications are he hasn't missed a step or there are no issues really effecting him. I don't really see this as a Whitley situation where even with one bad leg he was the best we had available. Physically there are some already past him but they just don't have the experience that gives him the edge.

vCash
    Poor Dak, his spring break injuries were a lot worst than we knew. How does he scratch himself??
    Last edited by TaleofTwoDogs; 09-02-2015 at 09:53 PM.