Voodoo Dawgs
    Ice Cold Cokes
    Hailstate93
    bear force one
    Spread the Fun
    3 had a knee
    Blacklisted's Team
    man of maroon

I entered the twelve teams into a randomizer and it shuffled everyone's names. here's the screen grab:
    Draft order.jpg

The draft will be Tuesday, September 8th at 7:00 PM CST.

The draft will be snaking.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by huffy; 09-08-2015 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    I joined- I had forgotten
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    There's room for one more manager! PM me if interested. Deadline is Thursday at 6:00 PM.

vCash
    Im in the ED FFL. Been playing FF for 8-10 years, but Ive never done a linear draft. What's the advantages over snake draft? Seems like the last few picks would get the bad end of that.

Don't take this as a gripe. I am looking forward to playing regardless how we draft.

vCash
    It's just preference, really. I liked the idea of spreading picks evenly for a 14 team league (if we get another manager). I've had a mix of both linear and snake drafts this year, and the linear drafts have had better outcomes. I just thought I'd mix it up some. Next year, we may switch back to snake.

vCash
    Linear draft seems to be a huge advantage to the first few teams that pick. I've never done one so I guess I will learn more when we draft, but I asked a buddy who said he did it once and that the final 4 teams in the league all picked in the top 6 of the draft. That could be an anomaly, but I can see where it would be a tall order to compete if picking at the bottom of every round.

I doubt it exists, but something that would be really interesting would be an "auto-snake" draft where the computer randomly decides at the start of each round whether it is going to be snake or linear for that round. Randomly assigned draft slots at the beginning of each round would also be interesting. Looking forward to a fun fantasy season.

vCash
    Haha yeah that would be awesome. But Yahoo only allows Snaking or non. I've seen guys do well towards the top of a linear and I've seen people do terrible at the top of a linear. I thought we could try it. If it sucks, then lesson learned.

I just finished the randomized the draft order:

Finna Eat
    10-2
    LandDawg
    Voodoo Dawgs
    Ice Cold Cokes
    Hailstate93
    bear force one
    Spread the Fun
    3 had a knee
    Blacklisted's Team
    man of maroon

I entered the twelve teams into a randomizer and it shuffled everyone's names. here's the screen grab:
    Draft order.jpg

vCash
    we dont have at 12th team?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Add me huffy

vCash
    Dang, last pick. "." is just a placeholder name btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    we dont have at 12th team?
    We do, it is me. I set the name as "." because I pick a name based off of who I draft.

vCash
    ahhhhh- cool

vCash
    There is a 12th team. I never got a 14th.... sorry 662.

vCash
    What? Linear? So the top pick gets 2 of the first 13-15 players, whereas the last pick gets 12-14th and then 24-28th? Seems like a raw deal for the last picks. Oh well, will still be fun

vCash
    anything can happen, fellas! Rogers could break his toe on a curb walking in a parking lot. the top 13-15 picks won't all be ranked in the top 15 at the end of the season. Nonetheless, I'm a commish that will serve his managers. if you guys want me to switch to serpentine, I will. BUT in the interest of fairness, I will re-randomize the draft order. voting closes at 4:00 PM CST tomorrow (Tuesday). cast your votes in this post.

vCash
    Ha, I would prefer snake, but I'm cool with whatever Huffy. I appreciate you doing it

vCash
    no matter where I draft I think the snake approach is the most fair to all teams. I'll vote snake, but will happily play w/o further complaint regardless of how the voting goes.

vCash
    Wait, why would we not do snake. It is without a doubt the best. I don't wanna be last if this isn't snake.

vCash
    Plz no linear plz.

vCash
    While linear would be interesting- I vote snake. Linear in FF really isnt fair unless it a keeper league or something like that