Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Doring say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Hopefully it's not. This year seems like it's harder to get any info out of practice. It seems to be really really hush hush; more so than in years past. I find it a little strange
    I take it as a good thing. Mullen is playing it very close to the vest. Generally when word leaks out, it isn't good news.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not good if true then. Don't see shump as an outside runner.
    There's no reason for anyone to think it is true. This is a guy having to come up with a reason for his 6-6 prediction for us.

vCash
    The entire interior has a ton of experience and have been good.

Chris Jones, Nick James, and Cory Thomas giving them some trouble in practice is good for them and hardly indicative of what they are going to see week in and week out in the SEC. Our guys are all taught the line positions from the inside out -- it's how hev likes to teach it. And we are thinking about red shirting the #1 OL out of JUCO.

Sorry -- shoe doesn't fit.

vCash
    Haha, y'all think Doering was told something like that by people "inside the program"? Bull. Shit.

So we told a nobody from Florida, but DIDN'T tell McElroy, or any of the legit SECN guys?

Let me tell you what happened. Bo Bounds talked to Doering about us having to replace some O-Lineman, and that transformed into "people inside MSU's program say the OL will be down".

Y'all are crazy if you take these comments to heart, and I'm usually one of our most skeptical fans that keeps my expectations tempered. I DO think our fan base needs to temper things slightly, but not Bc of Chris effing Doering. He's a nobody that knows nothing.

Our OL will be fine, Bc it's about scheme and assignments, not blowing people off the ball. So we'll stay fine at OL. We will likely take a small step back in our DL, simply due to depth, but our OL is FINE. Besides, nothing helps an OL like a good passing game, a dual threat QB, and the ability to be multiple at RB.

The OP in this thread is very misleading too...that's not what Doering said. But again, who cares what Doering said?
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 08-29-2015 at 09:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The offensive line is why I've taken a wait and see approach this year from the start. If it's not very good, we will struggle to have a winning season. It's the key to the team, as always.
    While this is probably true, I can't really think of a time where our OL really struggled under Mullen. His system just doesn't rely on OL domination at the LOS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Haha, y'all think Doering was told something like that by people "inside the program"? Bull. Shit.

So we told a nobody from Florida, but DIDN'T tell McElroy, or any of the legit SECN guys?

Let me tell you what happened. Bo Bounds talked to Doering about us having to replace some O-Lineman, and that transformed into "people inside MSU's program say the OL will be down".

Y'all are crazy if you take these comments to heart, and I'm usually one of our most skeptical fans that keeps my expectations tempered. I DO think our fan base needs to temper things slightly, but not Bc of Chris effing Doering. He's a nobody that knows nothing.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    While this is probably true, I can't really think of a time where our OL really struggled under Mullen. His system just doesn't rely on OL domination at the LOS.
    Exactly. Someone will say "2011" but injuries were the killer that year. Our blocking scheme is about creating angles, not dominating your man. But we have some bad mfers that could dominate their man if we asked them to do it. Our OL is going to be good.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash

Fu(king Aye, Cadaver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The offensive line is why I've taken a wait and see approach this year from the start. If it's not very good, we will struggle to have a winning season. It's the key to the team, as always.
    This is where I am as well. If they turn out to be below mediocre, we will be 6-6. If they can put together an above average performance, we have a chance to win a championship
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    This. He's throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. I'm betting our OL is better this year than last. We're bigger, stronger, and more athletic.
    I agree. It's a new group, so I'm a little nervous about the LSU game. By the Auburn game and beyond we will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

Chris Jones, Nick James, and Cory Thomas giving them some trouble in practice is good for them and hardly indicative of what they are going to see week in and week out in the SEC. Our guys are all taught the line positions from the inside out -- it's how hev likes to teach it. And we are thinking about red shirting the #1 OL out of JUCO.

Our OL has to go up against at least two elite D lines

vCash

Exactly.

No offense to RC3 (I'm not saying he didn't hear that. He's a great poster), but until I hear that from multiple people...which I'm actually hearing the opposite, that we've looked good on the OL....I'll have to think this info is not accurate. They could have had a bad scrimmage or something, but they'll be ready to roll this season.

vCash
    Exactly.

No offense to RC3 (I'm not saying he didn't hear that. He's a great poster), but until I hear that from multiple people...which I'm actually hearing the opposite, that we've looked good on the OL....I'll have to think this info is not accurate. They could have had a bad scrimmage or something, but they'll be ready to roll this season.
    I hope I'm wrong as well. Like I said, I have no personal knoweldge on the subject. I've heard it from two sources. Neither are coaches. Only fans that know the game. Plus they still have two full weeks to gel before LSU. Southern miss is a great opportunity to get ready

vCash
    The SECN gurus are basing their projection on our losing 3 starters on the OL. Those 3 starters were pretty good most of the season, but certainly not great. Ole Miss proved that. I think they can be adequately replaced with guys just as good, if not better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    Our OL has to go up against at least two elite D lines
    We playing those two teams six times each? Read what I actually said...

The OL is going to be good enough to give us a top 5 offense in the history of the SEC and what very well could be the best ever in the conference in terms of yardage per game. It was basically that good last year already.

I just don't get it.

"MSU doesn't recruit well enough to get there". Then we get there.
    "Well, no way MSU can replace those 2 2*s and one walkon" -- none of which the NFL found good enough to actually draft -- all of which are being replaced by more highly rated players with higher ceilings -- all of which have at least 3 years in the program.

"It's a huge blow to MSU losing starting right tackle Damien Robinson to a knee injury -- the OL is one position they absolutely couldn't afford any injuries" -- then Damien Robinson comes back healthy the next year and can't crack the two-deep and that's ignored by the same people that made it such a huge deal the first year.

The Rankin thing is beyond obvious...

All circumstantial evidence points to our OL being at least as good as it was last year -- and deeper.

This stuff is not hard to see and project. How many years in a row are guys going to worry about this before they just accept that Hevesy is going to have a good enough OL every year? If the defense gets it together on a 2010 level -- we are going to have a very, very special season.
    Last edited by engie; 08-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.

vCash
    We playing those two teams six times each?
    No and luckily both are at home. And extremely crucial if we want to get to ATL

vCash
    Engie I read what you said. The fact that they may be struggling with our DL shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on their ability. I get that. My point was that I think they will see at least two DLs better than ours and those are must win games to get to ATL

I'm not saying that I think they are bad. I'm
    Not saying that I think they are good. We just simply must wait and see. I hope you are right. That they exceed last years group (they will need to to get us to ATL) and that we have the most productive offense the SEC has ever seen. It's
    Not reasonable imo to have that expectation right now until we see them perform

vCash
    LSUs DL, like last year, isn't that great. It's definitely not what it has been prior to last year. They also lost their starting DEs. Maybe Coach O coaches em up, but that remains to be seen. I don't see our OL against their DL as the deciding factor. It's going to be the other way around and whether or not we can contain Fournette and their running attack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    LSUs DL, like last year, isn't that great. It's definitely not what it has been prior to last year. They also lost their starting DEs. Maybe Coach O coaches em up, but that remains to be seen. I don't see our OL against their DL as the deciding factor. It's going to be the other way around and whether or not we can contain Fournette and their running attack.
    Agreed. They will be good but that's not who I was referring to when I stated there are at least two elite d lines on our schedule. That would be bama and ole miss (duck and cover as you guys throw rotten fruit at me)

vCash
    If Ifyouonlyknew says it, then I'll believe it.