Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AJ Brown

vCash
    Yeah, Kobe has been on both sides of the ball all night it seems. Energy guy.

vCash
    We just need to get AJ in the boat. That guy is going to be a difference maker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How's jones looking?
    Underrated because he plays he plays both ways in 6A football.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    We just need to get AJ in the boat. That guy is going to be a difference maker.
    Be patient.

vCash
    Best 2 players in the state are
    Simmons and AJ .. Period ..

vCash
    Fitzgerald/staley to AJ brown in the slot all day
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    He won't be in the slot. He will be downfield, over the middle, quick outs. Dez Bryant type no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Some are very confident.
    I don't know anyone who is very confident. I know you typically are right, but this one is tough. We are in the game, that's it.

vCash
    First time seeing him play he actually reminded me a lot of Treadwell. Same number, same body type, not overly fast, but great feel for the game and ball skills. Just smooth. Oh, and he's devastating in the screen game...

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    Haha Bianco's kid just flagged for unsportsmanlike
    Then who makes the TD saving tackle for Starkville when Oxford had 4th and goal from 20?.none other than AJ Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know anyone who is very confident. I know you typically are right, but this one is tough. We are in the game, that's it.
    The longer it goes the higher our chances. We're in it a lot. It's a Bama/MSU battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    First time seeing him play he actually reminded me a lot of Treadwell. Same number, same body type, not overly fast, but great feel for the game and ball skills. Just smooth. Oh, and he's devastating in the screen game...
    He looks just like Treadwell. Kid is physically ready day 1.

vCash
    Let's say he looks like Dez Bryant instead. We need to do whatever it takes to keep him in Starkville. Kobe Jones looks really good to me as well. Noxubee must be damn good to have beat the Jackets last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Let's say he looks like Dez Bryant instead. We need to do whatever it takes to keep him in Starkville. Kobe Jones looks really good to me as well. Noxubee must be damn good to have beat the Jackets last week.
    Why? If Treadwell played for State we would be unstoppable with him opposite Bear....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Not that I care about stars at all but I think he gains a star?what you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Why? If Treadwell played for State we would be unstoppable with him opposite Bear....
    Oh man. Treadwell is a beast and a great WR and AJ does look and play a lot like him. I just don't want to compare him to a Rebel. Compare him to one of the best WR in the NFL right now instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Not that I care about stars at all but I think he gains a star?what you think?
    I don't think so. He's a mid 4* I could see him being a high 4 but not a 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Horrible commentators and refereeing. I'm watching purely because I miss football.
    What didn't you like about the refereeing?

Banned
    vCash
    AJ Brown is very good and we better not let him out of Starkville.... really would hate to lose a guy of that caliber out of our own backyard

DK Metcalf is not as good as Brown but has the size and ability to become very good one day... Hate he will be at Ole Miss

Really enjoyed watching two D-1 guys go head to head with each other tonight when Oxford put Metcalf at corner to cover Brown...

And for the fellas talking about Newton County, I was at the game tonight.... Won big but the coaching is pitiful.... Got some talent at spots but the play calling is miserable and they do not spell any of the starters so at halftime they are gassed.... we were up 35-7 in the 3rd quarter and had already had multiple injuries but every starter was still in the game... They don't get the concept of "fresh legs" or depth... Hope they can get it together and have a good year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    What didn't you like about the refereeing?
    Maybe it's not the officials' faults, per se. I've probably just been spoiled by instant replay, and those guys aren't used to national TV.

But a couple of blown pass interference calls, late hit calls, and the Starkville fumble at the goal line. Avery Brown's forward progress was stopped but no replay so I get the call. Also, the Oxford play that was blown dead when really the whistle had been blown to resume play. Couple of other nitpick things, but it is what it is at that level.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 08-29-2015 at 01:12 AM.
    LFC YNWA