Thread: Weekend C&D Thread: Last Weekend W/out CFB Edition

vCash

Weekend C&D Thread: Last Weekend W/out CFB Edition

What's on tap this weekend fellas?

vCash
    It has been a pretty solid pre-weekend thus far. I will spend the weekend packing, so need to get all the good stuff in before Saturday. Went out for a round of 100 clays with some clients and coworkers this morning:

Last night cooked up some eye-of-round elk medallions with the High Life. I am more thankful every day that I decided to butcher the whole animal myself, just due to the variety and quality of cuts we have.

Here is a preview of the next bourbon edition review to come later this weekend:

vCash
    I'm looking forward to that next bourbon post Sapper, especially the Four Roses info.

For a late lunch I grilled a chicken breast, topped with Swiss, bacon, grilled red onion, grilled jalape?o, and some sweet baby rays bbq all on a hogie roll. I'm not a sweet Bbq sauce fan but I wanted to balance the heat of the japs.

vCash
    Yuengling light watching the Starkville Oxford game

vCash
    Football last night - Victory for the Red Terrors!
    The W Girl is away scrapbooking and wine drinking, and the Future MSU girl is out with her friends.
    So BD Jr. and I popped the top off the Jeep, went to the beach and caught a few nice sets on the long board. Swung by Southern Soul BBQ on the way in and got a Burnt Ends Sammich for dinner - damn good. Kicking back with a Cohiba and some 10yo Bulleit now.[IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    Damn I love some burnt ends! I have a method where I make them out of chuck roasts. It is much cheaper, and takes way less time than cooking a whole brisket.

Had to make a quick trip to Columbus to pick up the girl today, and we let her pick the meat out for supper during our stop at Publix. She chose bone in, thin cut pork chops. Only one thing to do with those, so we had one of my top five classic Southern meals....fried pork chops.

vCash
    Sapper, I don't think you have enough preserves on your table.

I'll have to try the chuck roast idea. I love burnt ends too - but brisket can be a pain.

vCash
    No kidding....wife reminds me daily. This is a batch of white peach, vanilla, honey jam that didn't set and I just haven't got around to re-cooking it yet.

I'll get you my chuck roast burnt end method for a try....has been a great app at house parties the last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Had to make a quick trip to Columbus to pick up the girl today...
    Damn now I've got the taste for fried Pork Chop....

Sure would've been nice had you brought some of those Oktoberfests with yourself. Damn....

-JB

vCash
    This is a bit embarrassing....

I consider myself a pretty good cook, with especially good knife skills, but tonight I cut myself worse than I ever have.

That is literally about 1/2 a centimeter off the tip of my left thumb. What you don't see is the blood all over the counter and sink. That chiffonade of cilantro had some extra flavor in it....

Doc GF has me on some meds with my own prescription of whiskey....It's feeling better.....

vCash
    I've never done that cooking - but I took a similar chunk off my finger with a box cutter one time. I was racing a deadline on an exhibit install, and was cutting foamcore. Amazingly I got no blood on the exhibit panel!

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Holy crap, Beardo, that sucks. I've had my share of fumbles with knives -- and I find that the sharper they get, the more clumsy I become -- but nothing like that. Glad the whisky is helping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Holy crap, Beardo, that sucks. I've had my share of fumbles with knives -- and I find that the sharper they get, the more clumsy I become -- but nothing like that. Glad the whisky is helping.
    Thanks, Pain. I'm doing my best, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is a bit embarrassing....

I consider myself a pretty good cook, with especially good knife skills, but tonight I cut myself worse than I ever have.

That is literally about 1/2 a centimeter off the tip of my left thumb. What you don't see is the blood all over the counter and sink. That chiffonade of cilantro had some extra flavor in it....

Doc GF has me on some meds with my own prescription of whiskey....It's feeling better.....
    DAMN. thats pretty serious.
    Just as long as you dont say you put the piece in anything for flavor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    DAMN. thats pretty serious.
    Just as long as you dont say you put the piece in anything for flavor.
    Na, I resisted that urge. I did offer to make it into a necklace for the GF, though; she was not a fan of that idea, lol.

vCash
    Holy hell! You okay now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Holy hell! You okay now?
    Yeah, it's healing up fine. My thumb is just flat now past my fingernail. Lesson learned, I guess.