Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I was wondering how many shows this season would have. I wonder if they'll do a mid season break, too, or just run 16 straight. I still think they botched what could have been an incredible show. They had a gold mine to really play up the start of this outbreak but seemed to have just skimmed over it by having the first season play out in an army quarantine area. I'm still pissed about that. And now it appears at least a sizable chunk of the second season is going to play out on a boat. Do the show creators have something against a large set? Right now the highest drama point is who shot up another boat. Hardly the same build up as the Saviors or the Governor. I keep thinking that Rick's group would have run roughshod over everybody in this show in about 45 seconds and be back at Alexandria kicked back with a margarita. I know it's not fair to compare the two, but they had to expect it.
    To be fair, rick's group was nothing like they are now back then except Shane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    To be fair, rick's group was nothing like they are now back then except Shane.
    I am not good with the name yet but I think they will become bad asses. Especially the son of the fathers. He looked like he enjoyed cracking some skulls with that pick. I think the mom will end up being the Alpha.

vCash
    I haven't watched this week but I am just waiting on the chicks to start lezzing out and scissoring.

vCash
    This show is really bad

vCash
    This show is really bad
    Why is the boat always traveling north? I was a scout observer in the Marine Corp so my land navigation is pretty good however on water it is different but every time you see the boat the land is on the right side and the sun is on the left side. If the boat was traveling south as in the show it should be opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Why is the boat always traveling north? I was a scout observer in the Marine Corp so my land navigation is pretty good however on water it is different but every time you see the boat the land is on the right side and the sun is on the left side. If the boat was traveling south as in the show it should be opposite.
    Just like the plot of the show...something else the creators screwed up royally.

vCash
    The group is starting to jell and starting to work together and becoming force to recon with, kind of like Ricks Group.

vCash
    Apparently the zombie virus doesn't affect gay people.

I thought the show was better tonight... Still needs to pick it up

vCash
    It was slightly better. I saw only three more episodes this season so still very small seasons. I was hoping it would carry until closer to the premiere of Walking Dead. Oh well.

vCash
    It was slightly better. I saw only three more episodes this season so still very small seasons. I was hoping it would carry until closer to the premiere of Walking Dead. Oh well.
    They 17ed this show up so badly it's ridiculous. If they were just going to do the walking dead with different characters, they didn't need to take a season and a half to get to any action. And they didn't need to have 75% of the characters people that you want to die. They could have had likeable main characters and introduced red shirts as needed. Basically the barber and strand and Strand's new colleague are the only interesting characters and the only characters I'm not hoping get killed quickly are the father and mother and Sophia, and Sophia only brings looks to the table. I'll never understand why they skipped over the outbreak itself. Seems like that was tons of material that would practically write itself.

vCash
    The group is starting to jell and starting to work together and becoming force to recon with, kind of like Ricks Group.
    I can't buy in to anybody in this group being able to accomplish anything other than Strand, the barber/torturer, and his colleague. They're facing off against people that have apparently had it rough enough that they've already been turned into sadistic killers, while this group has pretty much either been sheltered by the military or by Strand's house, or by Strand's boat. And suddenly this group is tough? Just disappointing all together.

vCash
    That was a lame hostage exchange. So neither side had a gun?

vCash
    That was a lame hostage exchange. So neither side had a gun?
    She had a gun. I remember her putting in the back pocket and her husband fights like a sissy. Seems like she is always having to kick someone off of him.

vCash
    She had a gun. I remember her putting in the back pocket and her husband fights like a sissy. Seems like she is always having to kick someone off of him.
    Yeah, I meant the other group. It was way too easy to escape

vCash
    It's much better now. The past couple episodes have gotten better.

vCash
    They have gotten better. Maybe the show has some hope after all.

One thing others me still, though. They're maybe two weeks into the apocalypse and there are already groups formed like what Connor formed that are well established with individual roles and processes laid out. No way society would have been that way that quickly. Right now most would still be in denial of what is really going on and trying to live life as normal as possible. They would not be out roaming the high seas as pirates already.

vCash
    One thing others me still, though. They're maybe two weeks into the apocalypse and there are already groups formed like what Connor formed that are well established with individual roles and processes laid out. No way society would have been that way that quickly. Right now most would still be in denial of what is really going on and trying to live life as normal as possible. They would not be out roaming the high seas as pirates already.
    No, it's well past two weeks into the apocalypse. I'm not sure if they ever gave any actual frame of reference, but the shows with them in the fenced in neighborhood made it seem like the army had them there for at least a few weeks. They made it seem like they had been in a boring routine with the army, which to me seemed to indicate that a few months had passed in the neighborhood, but at least a few weeks. So they're at least a couple of months in, maybe closer to a year. There's also some ambiguity regarding how long they were at the house on the beach. THey were there at the end of one season and it was hunky dory, and to start the next season, they were being chased off the beach by walkers. So they could have been at the house for a couple of weeks easy.

OF course now that I think about it, it raises the question of how the Abigail survived. The zombie apocalypse is so bad that the army drops bombs on LA, and nobody swam or boated out to the 40M yacht that was visible from shore?

They really just didn't put any time into this show. Sucks how bad they wasted this opportunity.

You're right that it still doesn't match up though. It's been bad enough long enough that Conner's group has already become psychopaths, but there are still people running around in center consoles and small cruisers