Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    That was painful to watch. I wanted to get into it so very badly, but just really couldn't. I know they're planning for a second season, but I have my doubts it comes to fruition. I guess it did what it was supposed to and that was get us through the last few weeks of summer before the real show kicks off. T minus 6 days and counting. The previews for the season premiere of TWD is looking incredible. This will be the longest week.
    Yeah. Meh. That's about it. I will say I didn't see the Jacht coming. So, I'm wondering if they're going to go all over the world and end up tying in with Rick and 'em at some point.

This season seems to have been little more than character development and set up. I'm okay with that if the rest of it gets more interesting. I'm not one that minds a thorough setup. We really haven't learned much about the state of things though. Just snippets.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Yeah. Meh. That's about it. I will say I didn't see the Jacht coming. So, I'm wondering if they're going to go all over the world and end up tying in with Rick and 'em at some point.

This season seems to have been little more than character development and set up. I'm okay with that if the rest of it gets more interesting. I'm not one that minds a thorough setup. We really haven't learned much about the state of things though. Just snippets.
    My biggest disappointment was with them not showing the fall of civilized society more. They went from it just starting to the main characters locked in an army perimeter. I would have really liked to have seen them explain why it took so long to be able to pin point the walkers had to receive a severe brain trauma to die and how they lost control on a global scale. I had always thought that in the early stages they would have figured that out and been able to kill the ones that had already formed and take the necessary steps to prevent future people from turning. They just skimmed over all of that.

vCash
    Just watched all 6 episodes over 3 days. My wife and I 's biggest complaint is none of the characters are likable. We didn't find ourselves rooting for anyone to survive. I will watch it next year but it will definitely be on the back burner. It seemed like it might have been better if it was a 10 episode season. It seemed slow until the last episode then it basically ended.

vCash
    the characters blow, the story skipped the chaos of society crumbling, and the end of the season climax was pretty anti-climatic. There should have been news clips and radio clips throughout while things were unraveling to explain how it was spreading, video of other areas under attack, what the warnings were from the government, Presidential address, a preview of DC as a teaser for TWD, etc... they could have done so much.

that said, it's watchable and I'll continue to watch it during the offseason of TWD, but it's not even close.

vCash
    what they really should do is use world war z (the book) as a template and create anthology runs each offseason. some could be a full 8-10 episodes, and some could be 1-3 episodes. whatever it took to tell the story. and that be the extent of the character's story.

i agree that i would have enjoyed seeing more of a POV on what went into the high level decision making.

wasn't the army supposed to be bombing LA at 9 am the morning of the finale?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    the characters blow, the story skipped the chaos of society crumbling, and the end of the season climax was pretty anti-climatic. There should have been news clips and radio clips throughout while things were unraveling to explain how it was spreading, video of other areas under attack, what the warnings were from the government, Presidential address, a preview of DC as a teaser for TWD, etc... they could have done so much.

that said, it's watchable and I'll continue to watch it during the offseason of TWD, but it's not even close.
    You pretty much nailed it. It is (or at least the final episode when it finally got moving is) plenty entertaining. They didn't do any of the things they claimed they were going to do. They just spent 5 episodes of relatively boring character development just to skip over what they said they were going to explore and jump right into another TWD. I'm fine with that, but they could have gotten here in two episodes if all they wanted to do was have another TWD.

It almost felt like the entire plan changed halfway through the season. It's like they wrote two or three episodes with the expectation that they were really going to explore how society would break down over a couple or more six episode seasons, and then execs told them to scrap what they were doing, and just use these six episodes to set up another TWD for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    what they really should do is use world war z (the book) as a template and create anthology runs each offseason.
    I've thought about this too. Not familiar with the wolrd war z book, but they botched this one so badly, it'd be nice for them to basically start from scratch again next season and show different people and everytime they show different people, give a little more insight into how society broke down. One view from people in LA. One view from DC, one from military, one from rural area, some from other countries, maybe one from a small island (which would add the twist of the possibility of conquering the dead on an island), etc. Some seasons could show people/areas that made it, some people/areas that didn't. Maybe even have a season devoted to people that made it to a boat and just show them trying to make shore runs for supplies and look for protected areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I've thought about this too. Not familiar with the wolrd war z book, but they botched this one so badly, it'd be nice for them to basically start from scratch again next season and show different people and everytime they show different people, give a little more insight into how society broke down. One view from people in LA. One view from DC, one from military, one from rural area, some from other countries, maybe one from a small island (which would add the twist of the possibility of conquering the dead on an island), etc. Some seasons could show people/areas that made it, some people/areas that didn't. Maybe even have a season devoted to people that made it to a boat and just show them trying to make shore runs for supplies and look for protected areas.
    That would be really cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

each chapter in the book is the author interviewing a different person and getting their account of what went down broken down by pre ZA, ZA & post ZA.

vCash
    Bump

vCash
    Terrible so far tonight.

vCash
    Yeah, that was about like watching paint dry underwater. Amazing how bad they are making this show. That at the end about whoever was shooting up that boat had about as much suspense as the end of a Disney movie. I'm going to give it every chance this season just to try and feed my addiction but, wow, this is just shaping up to be worse than not watching anything.

vCash
    I just don't like any of the people. The guy that owns the boat is pretty much the only person that is interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I just don't like any of the people. The guy that owns the boat is pretty much the only person that is interesting.
    That, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    i've been referring to him as the only guy who wouldn't say "Let's go hide behind the chainsaws!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    i've been referring to him as the only guy who wouldn't say "Let's go hide behind the chainsaws!"
    Exactly. That dumb ass girl is going to get some people killed. If I wasn't hoping that her and the latina started scissoring, I would hope she gets eaten (in a bad way or good way whichever).

vCash
    Time to suffer through another episode.

vCash
    Time to suffer through another episode.
    You nailed it. So far, watching Fear the Walking Dead has basically been an investment hoping that it would eventually turn into something good. There were certainly parts of the first couple of seasons of TWD that were like that, and the reality is that neither show would have made it without the built in, dedicated fans from the comics. I was thinking Fear the Walking Dead would be a chance to fix all the things the messed up early on with TWD (particularly the unlikable characters, since TWD has killed off or evolved their most hated characters or just reduced their screen time), but of course they apparently didn't think there was anything to fix with TWD, which I guess I can't blame them since it became a hit. It makes sense that they would try to basically repeat it with new characters.

vCash
    My biggest disappointment was with them not showing the fall of civilized society more. They went from it just starting to the main characters locked in an army perimeter. I would have really liked to have seen them explain why it took so long to be able to pin point the walkers had to receive a severe brain trauma to die and how they lost control on a global scale. I had always thought that in the early stages they would have figured that out and been able to kill the ones that had already formed and take the necessary steps to prevent future people from turning. They just skimmed over all of that.
    With out a comic book we are kind of guessing. According to the park ranger all of the western state west of the continental divide have been bombed or burned. We know that the eastern half has not based on the TV series and comic book.

Two things I need to see in the next two weeks is more character development and explaining more. This season has 15 episodes and I heard that they have already approved an third season.

vCash
    I was wondering how many shows this season would have. I wonder if they'll do a mid season break, too, or just run 16 straight. I still think they botched what could have been an incredible show. They had a gold mine to really play up the start of this outbreak but seemed to have just skimmed over it by having the first season play out in an army quarantine area. I'm still pissed about that. And now it appears at least a sizable chunk of the second season is going to play out on a boat. Do the show creators have something against a large set? Right now the highest drama point is who shot up another boat. Hardly the same build up as the Saviors or the Governor. I keep thinking that Rick's group would have run roughshod over everybody in this show in about 45 seconds and be back at Alexandria kicked back with a margarita. I know it's not fair to compare the two, but they had to expect it.