Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead

vCash

Fear the Walking Dead

Y'all gonna watch? I'm in. I need something to hold me over.

vCash
    Hell yeah. Going to be interesting to see how the virus/infection starts.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Going to give it every chance. This show has the chance to be incredible and to also be absolutely horrible. I hope it is incredible. I've been dying for the new season of TWD to start.

vCash
    I'm gonna try it. Hope its good
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    It's the second most counted down to event in our household this summer. You can figure out the first.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Didn't learn anything in episode one really.

Not sure I buy that so many would be so freaked out by the accident victim being shot so many times before the headshot kills him. Think about it. Say it happened right over here on I-55 next week and you were seeing that video. Would you be thinking anything other than, wow, that guy must have been really doped up!?? I know Vietnam vets that talk about turning enemies hopped up on Opium into swiss cheese and them still coming before finally dropping.

Some authorities obviously know something is up. The doctors really wanted to get that old man to the morgue IMMEDIATELY. No waiting 20 minutes for an orderly to take the body down. And the nurse talking about how hectic it was with two deaths at the same time. This is different than if you thought there might be a panther down in the swamp. A zombie doesn't have a "lair" that it goes out and returns to. Even a handful of Walkers, even in a city the size of L.A. or San Diego, could NOT go unnoticed by the common man. It's different from an predator in the swamp. Its going to brutally kill dozens in a matter of days. You cannot brush it off. The only way EVERYONE would not know about is if they are rounded up and covered up almost immediately.

On the whole, not bad for an introductory episode, though for the first half I think the hordes of brooding teens was a bit overdone.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I also thought it rather implausible that a heroin addict that just escaped from the hospital barely able to walk was able to overpower his drug dealer and shoot him. Not that this scene has any particular effect on the overall plot...just a minor detail my borderline OCD picked up on. I'm still going to watch it but I think what will interest me the most is seeing how they portray society breaking down into anarchy and wonder if that is how it would be should we ever be attacked with an EMP that sends us all back to the 1800's technology wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Some authorities obviously know something is up. The doctors really wanted to get that old man to the morgue IMMEDIATELY. No waiting 20 minutes for an orderly to take the body down. And the nurse talking about how hectic it was with two deaths at the same time.
    The way it is unfolding, they're making it look unlikely that Rick's group wouldn't have already known that anybody that died would become a zombie, not just those bitten. Right now, clearly the doctors know and all of the father, mother, and son from the main family should figure it out pretty quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The way it is unfolding, they're making it look unlikely that Rick's group wouldn't have already known that anybody that died would become a zombie, not just those bitten. Right now, clearly the doctors know and all of the father, mother, and son from the main family should figure it out pretty quickly.
    This is a good observation. Maybe they all die???? IDK. IOW maybe word never reaches the East Coast for some reason. IDK. This has me perplexed.

vCash
    The 2nd episode was great. This show has potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The 2nd episode was great. This show has potential.
    I thought it was okay. I'm still in. I still want to know why nobody in Rick's group had ever seen a dead person re-animate without having been bitten.

vCash
    Anyone still watching? It's gotten interesting.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Anyone still watching? It's gotten interesting.
    I'm still watching but disappointed so far. Expected it to be slow to start with, but I was expecting some exploration of how things went to hell. They basically skipped over everything interesting. There were a few zombies, and then they're in a fortified camp. Nothing showing how cities or neighborhoods deteriorated. It does look like the storyline will start moving with the next episode, but it seems like they skipped over a lot of fertile ground for development. They could have done the season where each show represented basically one day and done an entire season probably on the first week or two of the apocolypse. Surprised they skipped several weeks ahead.

vCash
    I'm still watching but disappointed so far. Expected it to be slow to start with, but I was expecting some exploration of how things went to hell. They basically skipped over everything interesting. There were a few zombies, and then they're in a fortified camp. Nothing showing how cities or neighborhoods deteriorated. It does look like the storyline will start moving with the next episode, but it seems like they skipped over a lot of fertile ground for development. They could have done the season where each show represented basically one day and done an entire season probably on the first week or two of the apocolypse. Surprised they skipped several weeks ahead.
    Yeah, I think they were severely hampered by a 6 show season. Had they extended it out to 10 episodes or so then they could have done it up a lot better. I'm still watching but but so far it is not in the same league as TWD. I can't wait for 10/11 to get here. Rumor is the season opener is supposed to start fast and then get even faster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Yeah, I think they were severely hampered by a 6 show season. Had they extended it out to 10 episodes or so then they could have done it up a lot better. I'm still watching but but so far it is not in the same league as TWD. I can't wait for 10/11 to get here. Rumor is the season opener is supposed to start fast and then get even faster.
    I didn't realize it was only 6 shows. That seems like a terrible idea for what they claimed they were trying to do. Just not enough screen time at all. You'd think with the goodwill TWD has built up, they'd have been more ambitious. With only 6 episodes, they really tried to bring in too many characters. Should have focused on one small family and, had one episode of background showing that something funny was happening, and then had five episodes covering a short time period where everything went to shit quickly, dealing with the unknowns and uncertainty and showing how that family reacted to the world falling apart. If that was successful, they could have gone back and broadened the show in season two by covering the same time frame with new characters either by just replaying the same time period or using flashbacks as characters were introduced.

Just seems like they wasted a golden opportunity and completely failed what they claimed they were trying to do. They needed 12 episodes to start the way they started, and they probably needed another 4 or six before the army rolled in.

vCash
    I didn't realize it was only 6 shows. That seems like a terrible idea for what they claimed they were trying to do. Just not enough screen time at all. You'd think with the goodwill TWD has built up, they'd have been more ambitious. With only 6 episodes, they really tried to bring in too many characters. Should have focused on one small family and, had one episode of background showing that something funny was happening, and then had five episodes covering a short time period where everything went to shit quickly, dealing with the unknowns and uncertainty and showing how that family reacted to the world falling apart. If that was successful, they could have gone back and broadened the show in season two by covering the same time frame with new characters either by just replaying the same time period or using flashbacks as characters were introduced.

Just seems like they wasted a golden opportunity and completely failed what they claimed they were trying to do. They needed 12 episodes to start the way they started, and they probably needed another 4 or six before the army rolled in.
    Yep. 6 episodes. It ends next week when TWD premieres.

vCash
    Yep. 6 episodes. It ends next week when TWD premieres.
    With five of six episodes on the books, I'm ready to call Fear TWD a huge disappointment. So much fertile ground to explore regarding how normal people react when everything goes bad, and they focus on ridiculous characters. They didn't need somebody that just happened to ahve been a torturer from a foreign country. The black guy in the detention center driving one guy crazy and then negotiating for the addict was a ridiculous character. The military guy was a ridiculous character.

It still has a chance to be entertaining, but it pretty much is just another TWD. They didn't do anything they claimed they wanted to do. The only thing that's different is that they wasted 4 straight episodes doing terrible character development rather than mixing in character development episodes throughout the season.

vCash
    Yeah, I haven't been very impressed. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the one and only season. I would have really liked to have seen them really delve into the breakdown of society and not have most of the season with two families in a detention camp. Now we all know next week is going to be them escaping on the desert before the military executes them. Although, based on that one scene I expect a lot of the rank and file military will turn on their superiors and not do the execution. Finale has about as much suspense as a fart after Taco Bell.

vCash
    Yeah, I haven't been very impressed. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the one and only season. I would have really liked to have seen them really delve into the breakdown of society and not have most of the season with two families in a detention camp. Now we all know next week is going to be them escaping on the desert before the military executes them. Although, based on that one scene I expect a lot of the rank and file military will turn on their superiors and not do the execution. Finale has about as much suspense as a fart after Taco Bell.
    Just depends on whether they want a second TWD. On one hand, I could see the argument of why not just extend the season for TWD. Let Kirkman and whoever focus there, only have one cast of actors to deal with, one set, etc. On the other hand, Fear TWD does let them re-plow ground they've already covered, so maybe it makes it easier on the writers compared to extending TWD seasons.

Just really disappointing all around. If I didn't think this would be their only chance at a spinoff, I'd say pull the plug on this one and try again. But since the options are most likely extend Fear TWD or don't, and either way they go TWD won't be impacted (no extended season for example), I guess I'd prefer they extend it so at least there's some TWD related stuff on in August and September.

vCash
    That was painful to watch. I wanted to get into it so very badly, but just really couldn't. I know they're planning for a second season, but I have my doubts it comes to fruition. I guess it did what it was supposed to and that was get us through the last few weeks of summer before the real show kicks off. T minus 6 days and counting. The previews for the season premiere of TWD is looking incredible. This will be the longest week.