Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Stricklin interview

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    No it won't. But it's done..and the people of LFL have accepted it.
    Accepting it isn't the same as liking it. I know LFLers and they hate it. Are they accepting it? Yes, they have no choice. Go back and watch the SEC promo they did about LFL, the whole point of the video was about the uniqueness of it and how it started and grew because of the fans. Or go watch the interview they did with Paps and listen to how he describes it. It is unique because it was made by fans and not the school.

vCash
    What kind of impact has our relationship with Adidas had on our different sports, and how important is that relationship going forward?

What kind of expectations do you(Stricklin) have for our basketball team this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Accepting it isn't the same as liking it. I know LFLers and they hate it. Are they accepting it? Yes, they have no choice. Go back and watch the SEC promo they did about LFL, the whole point of the video was about the uniqueness of it and how it started and grew because of the fans. Or go watch the interview they did with Paps and listen to how he describes it. It is unique because it was made by fans and not the school.
    I don't have to... I sat out there for close to 10 years off and on with a crew thats been there since almost the beginning (The Hendersons). I know what LFL is about. I guess I've come to accept it because there isn't another option. Is it going to be the same? Nope.. but I don't think its going to be penthouse suites either. The people will bring things out there and make it their own.

Banned
    vCash
    Does dak look slimmer to him?*

vCash
    The LFL had to be dealt with from a safety stand point. It was unreasonable to expect that the people who put the lounges together to keep them up to current structural safety levels so the university dealt with it the best way that they saw fit which was to take it into their own hands and remove the fans...

Does it suck from a fan stand point? Yes.

Is it the right move for the university given the liability? Yes
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    The LFL won't ever be the same? It isn't the same now as it was when it began. It has constantly changed over time.

The fans have always made LFL what it is, and they will continue to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The LFL won't ever be the same? It isn't the same now as it was when it began. It has constantly changed over time.

The fans have always made LFL what it is, and they will continue to do so.
    That's the point. The fans were what made LFL evolve into what it is today, not the school. That imo is what sets it apart and makes it cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    The LFL had to be dealt with from a safety stand point. It was unreasonable to expect that the people who put the lounges together to keep them up to current structural safety levels so the university dealt with it the best way that they saw fit which was to take it into their own hands and remove the fans...
    That's an excuse to make more money. That's like taking away cowbells and replacing them with thunder sticks.

vCash
    That's an excuse to make more money. That's like taking away cowbells and replacing them with thunder sticks.
    Not at all...
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post

Does it suck from a fan stand point? Yes.

Is it the right move for the university given the liability? Yes
    Were all the rigs out there safety hazards, no but it only takes one. With them being on MSU property, MSU is liable if a structure collapsed on someone. It is the world we live in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Were all the rigs out there safety hazards, no but it only takes one. With them being on MSU property, MSU is liable if a structure collapsed on someone. It is the world we live in.
    Yep. It sucks but it is what it is
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    You are wrong on all accounts. I am not one of the 4%.

Anyone who think the 96% are happy is a fool. I have accepted it. It is going to happen. But the LFL will never be the same. To think so is so illogical I can't describe.

The Left Field Platforms may be fine.....but the LFL will cease to exist. We will be like old miss (afterall they did have the first Left Field Platforms). Hope ya'll are happy.
    Maybe the dumbest rambling I've read on the topic yet -- and that is saying something.

vCash
    That's the point. The fans were what made LFL evolve into what it is today, not the school. That imo is what sets it apart and makes it cool.
    Weir Boerner Allin are huge msu baseball fans. The fans are still making it evolve.

I just think it's hilarious to watch our fans fall into a trap that I told them they would fall into in advance -- back when I was saying this was going to and needed to happen years ago. It's a cycle in perpetuity every time a new baseball stadium is built anywhere in the country. It's the Alex Box meltdown all over again. I'd think we would be observant and smart enough to glance at the final products around the country and see how this story goes elsewhere and go with that approach from the beginning. But that would require reason and foresight from people that literally think wood and angle iron is what makes something special.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Maybe I'm missing the point. If the fans are what makes the LFL so great & 96% of the same people are going to be there why will it suck so bad in the new stadium?

vCash
    Any improvements in wifi at DWS recent or planned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    This. It is really pretty amazing that the rigs were allowed for as long as they were, because they were a lawsuit waiting to happen.

vCash
    Ask Scott when construction of the road from Blackjack out to Poor House Road will begin.

vCash
    http://www.scout.com/college/mississ...etball-tickets

But engie was wrong!!!1! They aren't consulting lounge owners for personalization and are just going to make it all cookie cutter!!1!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Maybe I'm missing the point. If the fans are what makes the LFL so great & 96% of the same people are going to be there why will it suck so bad in the new stadium?
    Umm....because its forced. Its not authentic. Majority of that 96% would rather keep LFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Weir Boerner Allin are huge msu baseball fans. The fans are still making it evolve.

I just think it's hilarious to watch our fans fall into a trap that I told them they would fall into in advance -- back when I was saying this was going to and needed to happen years ago. It's a cycle in perpetuity every time a new baseball stadium is built anywhere in the country. It's the Alex Box meltdown all over again. I'd think we would be observant and smart enough to glance at the final products around the country and see how this story goes elsewhere and go with that approach from the beginning. But that would require reason and foresight from people that literally think wood and angle iron is what makes something special.
    I'm a fan of building a new stadium, I just like LFL. It is one of the most unique and one of the greatest traditions in college sports.