Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin

vCash

Percy Harvin

We've talked about for several years now having a Percy Harvin type in Mullen's offense. WMD's preview got me thinking.. as he said Gabe was given a handful of carries last year and he had decent success.

Is he or a newcomer potentially finally our big play threat similar to Percy Harvin? I've seen Malik Dear mentioned as a possibility.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Malik Dear is the closest thing to Harvin we've had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Malik Dear is the closest thing to Harvin we've had.
    Do you see him playing this year? Is he finally a talented enough to finally play significant minutes under Mullen? Seems like we haven't had a true impact freshmen in the last several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Do you see him playing this year? Is he finally a talented enough to finally play significant minutes under Mullen? Seems like we haven't had a true impact freshmen in the last several years.
    He will play & what is your definition of impact? Guys like Bear, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, Bump, & Banks all were pretty good as true freshmen.

vCash
    Dear seems to be built much differently than Harvin. Is Dear really fast? Seems like Harvins incredible burst and speed is what set him apart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Dear seems to be built much differently than Harvin. Is Dear really fast? Seems like Harvins incredible burst and speed is what set him apart.
    Dear is about 210lbs now which is about 10-15lbs heavier than Harvin. It's not many guys period with Harvin's speed, agility, & footwork. Malik is plenty fast though.

vCash
    I got to see Dear play a few times at Murrah, he's more of a RB than Harvin was. He reminds me more of Marshall Faulk than Percy Harvin.

vCash
    To my knowledge, we do not have a Percy Harvin nor do we have a Percy Harvey on our roster.

vCash
    There is only one Percy. Those players are few and far in between. The only other player I can say has an equal skill set is Randall Cobb.

vCash
    Gabe Miles may be close though. Loved the way he transitioned between the catch and getting up field.

vCash

We need a Persey Harvey, We have a Tim Tivo.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 08-18-2015 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    I don't think anyone said we had a Percy Harvin. I think the question was do we have someone who can play that role.

vCash
    Put Bryant back there. 4.24 on the floor

vCash
    Dear is about 210lbs now which is about 10-15lbs heavier than Harvin. It's not many guys period with Harvin's speed, agility, & footwork. Malik is plenty fast though.
    wat about Keith Mixon. Heard he was pretty fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgwood View Post
    wat about Keith Mixon. Heard he was pretty fast.
    I love Keith he's just smaller than Harvin & Dear. Most years it would be a no brainer he'd play but I think he RS.

vCash
    Holloway is our closest Percy Harvin.

I'll tell you one thing that made Harvin a home run threat - downfield blocking. Watch his YouTubes. Flarda put a hat on everybody. Because of Harvin's speed, they didn't have to block for very long. But Harvin didn't make all those plays by himself. It was the system getting him in space, downfield blocking, and great speed.

I'd say we've got about 85% of that on our team. We've got the scheme. We've got big WRs, especially Bear, that block downfield, and we've got Holloway. Just gotta get him the ball in space and/or have him hitting gaps full speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Holloway is our closest Percy Harvin.

I'll tell you one thing that made Harvin a home run threat - downfield blocking. Watch his YouTubes. Flarda put a hat on everybody. Because of Harvin's speed, they didn't have to block for very long. But Harvin didn't make all those plays by himself. It was the system getting him in space, downfield blocking, and great speed.

I'd say we've got about 85% of that on our team. We've got the scheme. We've got big WRs, especially Bear, that block downfield, and we've got Holloway. Just gotta get him the ball in space and/or have him hitting gaps full speed.
    How is holloway similar to Harvin? He's smaller, doesn't have great vision, & doesn't have good hands.

vCash
    How is holloway similar to Harvin? He's smaller, doesn't have great vision, & doesn't have good hands.
    Plus he's never shown any elusiveness or ability to break tackles. The only big runs he's busted were when a gaping hole was opened for him at the line, and even then, for all his supposed speed, he didn't manage to finish any of them for touchdowns.
    Last edited by thf24; 08-18-2015 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Surely Flab forgot the ***

vCash
    I guess I was influenced by the A&M game that was on TV this weekend.