Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
THIS

I agree that Redmond would be good on kickoff returns, but we have talent. Between Smokey, Gray, Myles, Bryant, Peters, Mixon, & Dear we have similar options as Redmond that we aren't relying on be one of the most important players on our defense.

Why can't we use our talent?
Exactly.

And if we're fine with putting a guy like Graham in on punt returns as a freshman in SEC games...why not put Peters back on kickoffs as a freshman? He may not be ready to start on defense this year, but why waste a year of that talent?...stick him back there on kickoffs and let the playmaker make plays. That's my opinion.

It's things like Holloway and Robert Johnson being kick returners, that make it still possible to get pissed at a coach that leads MSU to a 10-2 season. To be such a great coach, how can you make terrible decisions like that, and Never learn from them? Even after failed kick return after failed kick return.

I mean, if that's the worst thing he does, that's fine..but it's just a really easy fix, and could help us tremendously with field position. Kick return is a crucial part of the game...it's not a reward for the best practice field heroes. We need a game breaker returning kicks....and we have several. And none of them are named Holloway.

/end rant