Schnider Herard
    Abdul Ado
    De'ron Davis
    James Banks
    Cameron Lard
    Sedee Keita
    Brison Gresham
    Dontay Bassett

If we get any of the top 3 listed above I would be thrilled. Obviously Herard is probably target #1, and the next two I've seen rumblings of us being in on recently - both are top 50 guys on 247. I'm not very impressed with Banks and it seems like Lard is down the board some. Keita is probably a long shot because I haven't seen him mentioned much lately. Gresham and Bassett seem to be the rough, scrappy 4 type of players. Hopefully we get one of the top 3 and then go from there. We need at least 2 frontcourt guys in this class. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    It looks like our board consists of the following players:

Schnider Herard
    Abdul Ado
    De'ron Davis
    James Banks
    Cameron Lard
    Sedee Keita
    Brison Gresham
    Dontay Bassett

If we get any of the top 3 listed above I would be thrilled. Obviously Herard is probably target #1, and the next two I've seen rumblings of us being in on recently - both are top 50 guys on 247. I'm not very impressed with Banks and it seems like Lard is down the board some. Keita is probably a long shot because I haven't seen him mentioned much lately. Gresham and Bassett seem to be the rough, scrappy 4 type of players. Hopefully we get one of the top 3 and then go from there. We need at least 2 frontcourt guys in this class. Thoughts?
    You can cross of Gresham. We aren't getting him.

I like Banks a lot. Tons of upside.

I think Keita goes to Kansas.

Love Ado but we recently just offered. Not sure if we are in it.

Herard is our best shot. He would probably start next year.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Herard, Banks, Lard, & Ado are our best shots right now. If we get De'ron Davis to visit then all bets are off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Herard, Banks, Lard, & Ado are our best shots right now. If we get De'ron Davis to visit then all bets are off.
    We'll have to fight Kansas off for Herard too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    We'll have to fight Kansas off for Herard too.
    Kansas will have to miss on 3 or 4 guys before they get to Herard. That's the difference between MSU recruiting Herard & Arizona or Kansas. He's a must have/#1 priority for us. For Arizona & Kansas he's 3rd or 4th on their board.

vCash
    This can't be the complete board. Where are Kegler and Carter? Are these just frontcourt players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    This can't be the complete board. Where are Kegler and Carter? Are these just frontcourt players?
    Your thread title must be blacked out

vCash
    Your thread title must be blacked out
    OK, nevermind, I just clicked and read the post. Wasn't even paying attention to the title.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 08-18-2015 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    OK, nevermind, I just clicked and read the post. Wasn't even paying attention to the title.
    Just messing with you but to answer your question I don't see us taking any other backcourt guys until Tyson & Mario decide. Still feel good about both of those guys.

Banned
    vCash
    I saw on twitter that Herard is visiting Kansas for their late night deal or whatever. I wish we would have a Maroon Madness type of thing like we did in Stansbury's last year. It started around 9 or 10 on a Friday night and it was in the Hump. Turned out all of the lights and introduced the players and then had a twenty minute scrimmage or so. It was a great crowd and awesome atmosphere. The little outdoor thing is alright, but something like this would be a cool recruiting event too, I think.

Also, aren't Herard and Kegler visiting for the LSU game?

vCash
    Herard OV to MSU is during the LSU weekend. Kegler had mentioned OV that weekend but I'm not sure anything is set in stone. We'd love to lock up Herard that weekend.

vCash
    Take Herard and Banks, lock up Kegler and Carter, and you have a phenomenal class.

Our 2016-2017 team would look something like this:

Backcourt - Ready, Weatherspoon, Peters, Wright, Carter
    Wings - Kegler, Houston, Stapleton
    Frontcourt - Holman, Herard, Banks, Ndoye (Zuppardo?)

That's a heck of a roster that would be poised to do some serious things come 2017-2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Take Herard and Banks, lock up Kegler and Carter, and you have a phenomenal class.

Our 2016-2017 team would look something like this:

Backcourt - Ready, Weatherspoon, Peters, Wright, Carter
    Wings - Kegler, Houston, Stapleton
    Frontcourt - Holman, Herard, Banks, Ndoye (Zuppardo?)

That's a heck of a roster that would be poised to do some serious things come 2017-2018.
    I just don't see us being able to get Banks & Herard.

vCash
    I just don't see us being able to get Banks & Herard.
    Do you mean you think we'll get one or the other or it's a longshot for either?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Do you mean you think we'll get one or the other or it's a longshot for either?
    I think we'll get 1 but not both.

Banned
    vCash
    I think we'll get 1 but not both.

Hopefully its Herard. Banks is a long, long way off from being an SEC starter at Center. I've seen him play a few different times and was just not very impressed.

If we can get Herard to go with a 4 man that would be ideal. I agree that we won't get Herard and Banks because both are true centers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    Hopefully its Herard. Banks is a long, long way off from being an SEC starter at Center. I've seen him play a few different times and was just not very impressed.

If we can get Herard to go with a 4 man that would be ideal. I agree that we won't get Herard and Banks because both are true centers.
    Herard would be my #1 guy because we need an immediate impact guy. I do think Banks is a future lottery pick in a few years. Once he puts it all together he's going to be special.

vCash
    Stansbury....... alright that was the first time his name was mentioned on this site since two days after Howland was hired. Excited to see 60 post in a row about bball without RS being mentioned.

vCash
    Does anyone have good forgery skills? If we can just get Jarvis some paperwork saying he's a senior in HS, he could be our starting C next year.