Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris jones

vCash

Chris jones

Someone w a damn brain please tell Chris he isn't and never will be an end, please stop talking about it and produce. If he does, he will be rich, if he doesn't, he will be a what could have been. Sorry it's true. Since he was 300lbs his sr year at super bulldog weekend he was never ever going to be an end.
    Eta, this was posted due to jones remark that he was "down" to 305 because he thought he would get to play more end!
    Last edited by Homedawg; 08-04-2015 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Surely our coaches tell him. His phone buddy probably tells Chris that he should be at de

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Surely our coaches tell him. His phone buddy probably tells Chris that he should be at de
    He'd be at dt in Oxford too! Anyone can see this......except, him I guess.

vCash
    More than anything, it's time for Chris to be a leader and do what's in the best interest of the team instead of himself. Hopefully he realizes this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    More than anything, it's time for Chris to be a leader and do what's in the best interest of the team instead of himself. Hopefully he realizes this
    Thing about it is that those things are one in the same...

vCash
    What brought this up by the way?

If Chris isn't buying into playing dt, there's no way we win 9-10 games. Chris has to live up to potential to get to that win total

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The one problem is the best interest of the team is the best interest of Chris- both the same- he just can't see it or doesn't want to at this point. I hope he isn't here next year because if he plays like he is capable, he will be an early entry. Hope that's the case.

vCash
    He's worked himself into very good shape and all you can do is bitch about it. So what if he'd like to play end, he's always played hard for us at tackle and end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What brought this up by the way?

If Chris isn't buying into playing dt, there's no way we win 9-10 games. Chris has to live up to potential to get to that win total

Because he told bob he was at 305 due to fact he was planning on playing a lot of de. Ugh. Point is, he keeps bringing it up, not the press. In his mind he was and always will be an end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    He's worked himself into very good shape and all you can do is bitch about it. So what if he'd like to play end, he's always played hard for us at tackle and end.
    He's always played hard? Better go watch some tape bro. His problem is he takes plays off. That's a fact. I don't like getting on our guys, but when a guy dogs it I will and he has.

vCash

Here is the interview from today with Chris Jones. Where in this interview does CJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Because he told bob he was at 305 due to fact he was planning on playing a lot of de. Ugh. Point is, he keeps bringing it up, not the press. In his mind he was and always will be an end.
    DUDE. Read Bob's tweet. Where does its say that Chris WANTS to play DE? It says he partially anticipates playing some end. Ever thought that maybe that's what the coaches want? Also have you ever thought that we are weaker at DT than LB and maybe he will play some end in a 3-4 to get the most talent on the field. Some of our fans throw players under the bus more than Freezus...

vCash
    When you have the talent to occupy two blockers it can be seen that way. McElroy never played DL so his BS comments may fill airtime but he knows DT's have zone responsibilities too.

Don't take every comment the pundits make so seriously. No 300 lb. DT in America can go full bore every single play, pros included. Any football game you watch will show that.

Get over yourself, we so love to eat our own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    DUDE. Read Bob's tweet. Where does its say that Chris WANTS to play DE? It says he partially anticipates playing some end. Ever thought that maybe that's what the coaches want? Also have you ever thought that we are weaker at DT than LB and maybe he will play some end in a 3-4 to get the most talent on the field. Some of our fans throw players under the bus more than Freezus...
    Now that we actually have some context, this is a non-issue. He's always moved around and played end on some downs.

vCash
    Once again... can we just let Manny figure out how to use him?
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    When you have the talent to occupy two blockers it can be seen that way. McElroy never played DL so his BS comments may fill airtime but he knows DT's have zone responsibilities too.

Don't take every comment the pundits make so seriously. No 300 lb. DT in America can go full bore every single play, pros included. Any football game you watch will show that.

Get over yourself, we so love to eat our own.
    I don't need a pundit to show me that Cj didn't play hard every down. I've got eyes. It's not even close. But as for your pro comparison, he played 35 snaps a game or so, he should be able to go hard every snap. Sorry I "ate my own". Hell he has first round talent, i said it, everyone says it, his effort will prove it out or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    Once again... can we just let Manny figure out how to use him?
    Exactly, and I bet he will.

Geoff Collins dumb ass couldn't even figure out how to use McKinney.

vCash

my point...
    cautiously optimistic

vCash

Geoff Collins wasn't stupid. He parlayed it to the fla job, clearly he's an idiot and everyone saw it!

vCash
    Well even if Chris was half assing it last year he still ended up with more sacks the bong boy up at UNM. So
    Maybe he'll "full ass" it this year and be the dominant force we know he can be. And I don't care if it's at DE, DT, NT, or wherever the hell we line him up. I just want him goin for blood every play.