Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Geoff Collins wasn't stupid. He parlayed it to the fla job, clearly he's an idiot and everyone saw it!
    Collins wasn't "turrible", but I feel better with Diaz running our defense. Statistically we were very respectable for scoring defense, but we gave up a lot of yards and too many big pass plays. I think Manny's defense will be better at getting off the field and giving the ball back to Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Collins wasn't "turrible", but I feel better with Diaz running our defense. Statistically we were very respectable for scoring defense, but we gave up a lot of yards and too many big pass plays. I think Manny's defense will be better at getting off the field and giving the ball back to Dak.
    I love manny, huge fan. But last time I checked the W doesn't go to the team either most yards- ask tusk!

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    This is what bothers me
    Most about your rival coach talking to one of your best players. I'm not trying to bring it back up but you can affect a kids mood really easy. Like someone mentioned in this thread...

" yeah, if you were here you'd be an end"
    " we'll just hang in there... You'll be a pro soon."
    " you can only play your best at your true position and that's DE."

etc...
    Etc....

Little things that kill motivation.

vCash
    I love manny, huge fan. But last time I checked the W doesn't go to the team either most yards- ask tusk!
    Last year we were 8th in the SEC in scoring defense. When Manny was here we were 3rd in the SEC in scoring defense.

You misunderstood me. I think we will improve our scoring defense some and our total defense and pass defense a lot. Good lord, we were 12th in total defense and dead last in pass defense last year.

vCash
    Chris Jones is a 1st round millionaire DT

Chris Jones is a CFL DE at best
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Chris Jones is a 1st round millionaire DT

Chris Jones is a CFL DE at best
    Wha?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Wha?
    He can be a 3-4 DE- which is basically a DT. He is a CFL player as a 4-3 DE.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Because he told bob he was at 305 due to fact he was planning on playing a lot of de. Ugh. Point is, he keeps bringing it up, not the press. In his mind he was and always will be an end.
    You're not the only one who thought that when you heard it. Robbie on No Holds Barred talks about it at the 19:20 mark on today's "Day two of fall camp in the books for Miss state" podcast.http://www.bulldogsportsradio.com/

vCash
    Bob now has his article out - I suggest reading it https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/...nior-campaign/

I think this paragraph is telling:
    He’s got reason to believe he will, too, as a new scheme under new defensive coordinator Manny Diaz ought to showcase Jones’ immense talents. To hear the 6’6” behemoth explain it, the defense last year had the defensive line setting things up for the linebackers to make plays. The plan under Diaz, Jones says, is for the defensive linemen to be the ones making those big plays as the scheme puts he and his teammates in one-on-one situations with an opportunity to get in the backfield quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    DUDE. Read Bob's tweet. Where does its say that Chris WANTS to play DE? It says he partially anticipates playing some end. Ever thought that maybe that's what the coaches want? Also have you ever thought that we are weaker at DT than LB and maybe he will play some end in a 3-4 to get the most talent on the field. Some of our fans throw players under the bus more than Freezus...
    Yeah, people read into what was stated. Just like the weight of dak.

vCash
    Bob's article on Jones was a good read.