Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Williams Redshirting???

vCash

Williams Redshirting???

Interesting
    @MikeBBonner: We talked to Nick Fitzgerald, he said Damian Williams might redshirt this season.

vCash
    Fitz must be impressive
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Only way this makes sense to me is if he's changing positions. If he's been passed by Fitz this year, no reason to think he doesn't also get passed by Staley.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Could be close to graduating in December or May & by RS he would be able to have 2 seasons of football left to play instead of 1 if he decides to transfer.

vCash
    Not sure what it means, except that Mullen (QB guru) has ultimate faith in Fitz as a solid SEC backup QB. Which is fine by me.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not sure what it means, except that Mullen (QB guru) has ultimate faith in Fitz as a solid SEC backup QB. Which is fine by me.
    Or Damian still isn't 100% healthy from surgery this spring.

vCash
    I will always be thankful for him stepping in against Arky and Northern Miss
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    +1
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Very interesting news. I think Fitz or Staley would have overtaken him anyway though I never mind getting proved wrong.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Yep, Damien is a good bulldog, and he did an admirable job in the opportunities he had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not sure what it means, except that Mullen (QB guru) has ultimate faith in Fitz and Staley as a solid SEC backup QB. Which is fine by me.
    fixed it for you
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    This is good. Even as a backup, he's more useful to us in 2017 than 2015.

And if he does by chance win the job next year, we'll be really glad we did this.

vCash
    Fitz must be impressive
    and Staley
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Could be close to graduating in December or May & by RS he would be able to have 2 seasons of football left to play instead of 1 if he decides to transfer.
    Kind of make sense. He would still be on the team and available in case of major injury issues or if he actually won back the 2nd string job but, if not, he would save the year to have available if he does decide to transfer after the Fall.

vCash
    Just going to leave this tidbit of mine from my 9/27/13 game review here:
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I could see Nick thriving with Shump and someone like Holloway out of the backfield. It would be a very Mullen at UF style O with Nick at QB. I am not saying he is Tebow - but he would be very good in that type offensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    and Staley
    You're trying too hard coach
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Wasn't he part of the fight club in Florida?

Banned
    vCash
    I disagree. I think we need to be playing him now to take some of the wear and tear off Dak. Next year he'll be a senior, with the other 2 as sophomores, so that's a pretty situation to be in after your Heisman candidate graduates. In 2017 we are looking at 2 juniors, Tiano and whoever we sign after that.

I think this decision, if true, is more injury-based than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    I disagree. I think we need to be playing him now to take some of the wear and tear off Dak. Next year he'll be a senior, with the other 2 as sophomores, so that's a pretty situation to be in after your Heisman candidate graduates. In 2017 we are looking at 2 juniors, Tiano and whoever we sign after that.

I think this decision, if true, is more injury-based than anything.
    What exactly was his injury? I do agree its a little early to already talk about redshirting if he was healthy and could actually compete in Fall camp for the backup role to Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What exactly was his injury? I do agree its a little early to already talk about redshirting if he was healthy and could actually compete in Fall camp for the backup role to Dak.
    I think he had surgery on his shoulder