Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Only question is who would you want to replace him?
    Klop seems to be the name at the moment.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    A little hint from a 20 year plus vet of following the EPL: You shouldn't refer to your team as the Leicester City Foxes in the same sentence. You should just say Leicester City. You could say the Foxes. You almost never hear an English association football team referred to by it's name and knickname together. Most teams rarely if ever use the knickname because for most it's entirely unofficial.
    I'll try my best.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    After the first two match days in the champions league, the premier League again is off to a miserable start. Really sad that the best league to watch and most entertaining to follow is really not that good.
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 09-17-2015 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    After the first two match days in the champions league, the premier League again is off to a miserable start. Really sad that the best league to watch and most entertaining to follow is really not that good.
    Yep. It's shocking how far behind the rest of Europe the EPL is. Something has to change - namely the "homegrown" rule. That's killing EPL teams. And if you watched Arsenal yesterday (I did), you saw why they desperately needed to get a striker during the transfer window. Giroud is a freaking clown, Walcott isn't that good, and Welbeck is injured. Still a little surprised Man City didn't at least draw Juve, though. They miss Aguero desperately.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Yep. It's shocking how far behind the rest of Europe the EPL is. Something has to change - namely the "homegrown" rule. That's killing EPL teams. And if you watched Arsenal yesterday (I did), you saw why they desperately needed to get a striker during the transfer window. Giroud is a freaking clown, Walcott isn't that good, and Welbeck is injured. Still a little surprised Man City didn't at least draw Juve, though. They miss Aguero desperately.
    It's because the EPL teams have no depth. The depth of the other European giants is so much better that they can start a few young/second string guys on the weekend in a league game and win, making sure they have a strong 11 for Tuesday or Wednesday in champions league. Add in how many more games it is, and the injuries that come with that, and they just don't have the depth. And they don't have the talent.

vCash
    I think it has more to do with how strong the bottom half of the EPL is. You can't take ANYONE lightly so it's hard not to start your best available 11.

My weekend in the EPL is guaranteed not to be total loss. Norwich is playing Liverpool. Obviously I'm hoping for a Liverpool win but as Norwich is my second team a draw or a Norwich win would still be somewhat fun.

vCash
    I think it has more to do with how strong the bottom half of the EPL is. You can't take ANYONE lightly so it's hard not to start your best available 11.
    I think that points more to the top teams not being elite. They can't take anyone lightly bc they aren't that much better.

vCash
    A draw, I can live with that. Brendon Rogers on the other hand.....................

vCash
    A draw, I can live with that. Brendon Rogers on the other hand.....................
    How long before the "Rogers out" planes start flying

vCash
    How long before the "Rogers out" planes start flying
    They basically already are.

vCash
    The only reason I can live with it is Norwich is my second favorite team, great town.

vCash
    This thread is the only reason I ever come to the BS board, I hate that its over here. I forget about it and check back to see that I've missed so much!

I guess I'll keep reporting on Newcastle, who's still an absolute train wreck. Through 6 games they've gotten 2 points and have only managed to score 3 goals. They signed Mitrovic, a 21 year old Serb supposedly with a lot of upside, who proceeded to get yellow cards within the first five minutes of his first two matches then got sent off on two yellows within the first 20 minutes of the Arsenal match and picked up a 3 game suspension. The team severely lacks any skill or originality when on the attack, which is evident by the fact that the best attacker on the team right now is a left back. To go along with this, their message boards are saying they have 2 or 3 key players that feel they are too good to be at Newcastle, so the locker room seems to be having problems as well.

I will say that since I've started following Newcastle, one of my favorite things to do is go and read the game threads on the message board I have bookmarked. The people are hilarious and their lack of expectations due to years of inept ownership make it even better.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Leicester City had to come back again on the road to draw against Stoke. I'm about sick and tired of us having to come back from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Leicester City had to come back again on the road to draw against Stoke. I'm about sick and tired of us having to come back from behind.
    Be happy! It's Leicester!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Leicester has been impressive, they're becoming one of my favorite teams to pull for. Plus I have Vardy on my fantasy team and he has been very solid, especially for how much he's worth. Rooney on the other hand...

vCash
    Bit off topic, but did anyone get fifa 16 yet? Came out today. I love it

vCash
    Bit off topic, but did anyone get fifa 16 yet? Came out today. I love it
    Nah, still rocking '14 here. Really want to upgrade to the XBOX One and '16, though.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Arsenal is a damn mess. There's plenty of talent, but not much of it where it matters. Wenger's insistence on alternating GKs is crazy. You don't sign a guy like Cech to have him play 50% of the time. And don't even get me started on the lack of strikers. If Arsenal had a couple of legit scorers up top, they'd be a real threat to win. Mourinho trolled Wenger after the derby clash, saying the talent was there to win and implying Wenger couldn't get the job done. It's getting hard to disagree. Hopefully they can add some scoring options during the January transfer window, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't know why they don't go after a young Championship striker like Jordan Rhodes - that kid can play.

Speaking of the Championship, Hull City is currently sitting in 4th with a 4-2-2 record. They're tied with Ipswich, but get the nod with a +5 goal differential. Jake Livermore returned to action today, so that's a positive. Hopefully they can keep the run going and move into the top 2 to avoid the promotion playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Arsenal is a damn mess. There's plenty of talent, but not much of it where it matters. Wenger's insistence on alternating GKs is crazy. You don't sign a guy like Cech to have him play 50% of the time. And don't even get me started on the lack of strikers. If Arsenal had a couple of legit scorers up top, they'd be a real threat to win. Mourinho trolled Wenger after the derby clash, saying the talent was there to win and implying Wenger couldn't get the job done. It's getting hard to disagree. Hopefully they can add some scoring options during the January transfer window, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't know why they don't go after a young Championship striker like Jordan Rhodes - that kid can play.
    The amount of money Wenger sat on and simply didn't spend in the transfer window was absurd. Especially with such a glaring hole in the starting lineup. Arsenal feels a lot like Texas (before things got really bad) with Wenger being Mack Brown.

vCash
    Here s the latest Liverpool rumor. Who knows if there is anything to it but there sure is a lot of smoke about Rogers.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09...otti-approach/