Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Oh, we're picking our own teams? Then I'm going Liverpool 100%. It's who I wanted last year.
    If you'd like to, you can. I guess I can try to keep up with the smaller squads that aren't being represented.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    If you'd like to, you can. I guess I can try to keep up with the smaller squads that aren't being represented.
    I can draft tonight if y'all want me to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I say go for it. It's always a good time.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'll obviously be taking Liverpool but I'd be glad to take Norwich as well. They are up 3-0 at Sunderland at the moment. That's going to be 3 precious points in the struggle to stay up. I'd love to be at the Wig and Pen right now!

vCash
    Make that 3-1 in the 88th.

vCash
    3-1 final

vCash
    Leicester City defeated West Ham 2-1 today. Feels good, man. Feels good.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Do it. I need a new team. I liked Hull City, so it sucks that they got relegated.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Do it. I need a new team. I liked Hull City, so it sucks that they got relegated.
    Alright BulldogDX55 you are now the proud owner of Manchester City. Nice pick

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I say go for it. It's always a good time.
    Alright War Machine Dawg you are now the proud owner of Liverpool. Damn two good ones in a row.

vCash
    I know a bunch of teams still have to play this weekend, but I love seeing the Foxes on top

c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's match and the Man City-Chelsea match tomorrow. Already got my DVR set so I can watch them tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll have to start following Liverpool now too.

Speaking of which, Liverpooldawg, what's the plan for Balotelli this season? When he's not being an idiot, he's a hell of a talented striker and really fun to watch. But I noticed Liverpool signed a big striker during the current transfer window, meaning they now have 3 for 2 spots. Lots of speculation Balotelli is on the outs.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's match and the Man City-Chelsea match tomorrow. Already got my DVR set so I can watch them tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll have to start following Liverpool now too.

Speaking of which, Liverpooldawg, what's the plan for Balotelli this season? When he's not being an idiot, he's a hell of a talented striker and really fun to watch. But I noticed Liverpool signed a big striker during the current transfer window, meaning they now have 3 for 2 spots. Lots of speculation Balotelli is on the outs.
    If Liverpool can get anyone to match his wage demands he is GONE. I agree with everything you said about his talent but he is the definition of a 16 million pound body and a tu'pence head. The latest speculation is that Liverpool may be willing to pay 25% to 30% of his wages just to get rid of him. I was fine with when we signed him. 16 million pounds for a striker of his obvious talent was a decent gamble but it is now an obviously lost gamble. Him being at Liverpool is also the perfect example of the "transfer committee" approach not working. The word is that he was signed despite Rodgers not wanting him. I would have still taken the chance. In today's market 16 million quid for him is a risk worth taking. To bad it didn't work out. Someday maybe the light will go on for him, maybe he and Liverpool will accept Sampdoria's (or whoever the current low ball offer is) offer and it will be there. When or if it does somebody is going to get a hell of a striker at a bargain price. I just wish it had been on Red Merseyside.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 08-16-2015 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    Alright BulldogDX55 you are now the proud owner of Manchester City. Nice pick
    Hell yeah. Avatar changed.
    Last edited by BulldogDX55; 08-16-2015 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    Been on vacation so I didn't see this. I would like a redraft if it hasn't happened. I had burnley. Either way tho I I'll watch most every game. Soccer fever for the past 5 or so years for me is real. It's quickly surpassed all sports for me and Real has quickly passed all teams besides state in me. Also, I loved seeing Jose fall on his face today after this week's bullshit. Arrogant ****.

ETA my prediction. City, Arsenal, chelsea, United in that order. Chelsea hasn't gotten any better (and truthfully I think is worse) while Arsenal and City both added to their squad strength (especially if Arsenal gets a striker and City get De Bruyne). United sneaks in by default.

Relegation- Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth.
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 08-16-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Been on vacation so I didn't see this. I would like a redraft if it hasn't happened. I had burnley. Either way tho I I'll watch most every game. Soccer fever for the past 5 or so years for me is real. It's quickly surpassed all sports for me and Real has quickly passed all teams besides state in me. Also, I loved seeing Jose fall on his face today after this week's bullshit. Arrogant ****.

ETA my prediction. City, Arsenal, chelsea, United in that order. Chelsea hasn't gotten any better (and truthfully I think is worse) while Arsenal and City both added to their squad strength (especially if Arsenal gets a striker and City get De Bruyne). United sneaks in by default.

Congratulations Dudy you are now the proud owner of West Brom

vCash

Interesting relegation picks, but I like it. Not the safe picks projecting the newcomers to go down. It would be cool if Norwich could stay up. I'm hoping Hull will bounce right back up from the Championship this season. But apparently our keeper, McGregor cost us two points earlier today. Fumbled a ball that Wolverhampton put in for the equalizer. If Steve Bruce doesn't wake up and upgrade our keeper, it's going to be really hard to be a consistent team. A shitty keeper can ruin a team faster than any position on the field.

vCash
    Interesting relegation picks, but I like it. Not the safe picks projecting the newcomers to go down. It would be cool if Norwich could stay up. I'm hoping Hull will bounce right back up from the Championship this season. But apparently our keeper, McGregor cost us two points earlier today. Fumbled a ball that Wolverhampton put in for the equalizer. If Steve Bruce doesn't wake up and upgrade our keeper, it's going to be really hard to be a consistent team. A shitty keeper can ruin a team faster than any position on the field.
    I think Hull goes back up.

I picked those relegation three bc obviously I think that's what will happen, but also bc 1- picking the three that came up to go back down is too easy lol, and 2- I'm seriously drinking the Watford KoolAid after seeing them play. Love their style, at least in the opener

vCash
    Congratulations Dudy you are now the proud owner of West Brom
    Haha I'll take it. I've always liked Joleon Lescott for some reason. I'll be pulling for them this year from now on!

vCash
    I think Hull goes back up.

I picked those relegation three bc obviously I think that's what will happen, but also bc 1- picking the three that came up to go back down is too easy lol, and 2- I'm seriously drinking the Watford KoolAid after seeing them play. Love their style, at least in the opener
    If Hull comes back up, I will drop Man City for them. It'll be fun cheering for a favorite for once in my life, but I will always be the type who goes for the underdog.