Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    I didn't see anything but the score, thank goodness. 3-0 to Watford? Long way to go yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I didn't see anything but the score, thank goodness. 3-0 to Watford? Long way to go yet.
    Watford is good. Of the newly promoted teams, I think they're the most certain to stay up. Bournemouth & Norwich are going to be on the bubble all season, it appears. All that said, Liverpool definitely needs a talent influx. I'd imagine Klopp will start addressing that in just over a week when the January transfer window opens. I'm assuming Liverpool has cash to spend.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    In other news, Pep confirmed he's leaving Bayern at the end of the season. He's being replaced by Carlos Ancelotti, former Real Madrid manager. Going to be interesting to see where Pep lands, as he's easily the biggest manager target on the market. Lots of speculation he'll take over Man City, but Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal are all supposedly interested or Pep has interest, as is the case with Arsenal. One thing is certain, it seems Pep will be coming to the EPL in the near future.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Letting Ancelotti go was such a massive mistake for real madrid. Still not over that

vCash
    Looks like it's pretty much a done deal that Pep is going to city. United screwed the pooch on that one. With the talent city have I see them as odds on to win the premier league next year

vCash
    Link, Dudy? Looking like Van Gaal is on a very short leash after this weekend.

Arsenal is looking damn good. Giroud is on fire and the return of Walcott has been a nice boost in the midfield. Even Joel Campbell is looking good. Sanchez might be back on January 10th, so not that much longer without our best player. And Jack Wilshere shouldn't be too long in returning, either.

There are some interesting names floating around as Arsenal targets for the upcoming transfer window. Dynamo Moscow striker Aleksandr Kokorin is a potential target up front, as is Lucas Moura of PSG. With all the injuries in the defensive midfield, Arsenal appears to be looking to upgrade there and are targeting Mohamed Elneny of FC Basel, Victor Wanyama of Southampton, and William Carvalho of Sporting Club as options. Elneny might be the most likely of that group to happen, as he'd be the most cost effective option.

In Championship news, Hull City lost to Rotheram United over the weekend and remain 4th on the table. Dudy, you're former club the Burnley Foxes are in 5th, just one point behind. They face each other in a Boxing Day match on Saturday. Both teams would be in the promotion playoffs if the season ended today. Middlesboro and Derby County would earn the automatic promotion as the top 2.

vCash
    No link on me, some chatter from tweets of writers I follow.

For those targets, I'd go for Carvalho. Best replacement for Coquelin as a true midfield engine and stopper. He would give Ramsey and wilshere and the like the most freedom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    No link on me, some chatter from tweets of writers I follow.

For those targets, I'd go for Carvalho. Best replacement for Coquelin as a true midfield engine and stopper. He would give Ramsey and wilshere and the like the most freedom
    Supposedly Arsenal likes Carvalho the most, but the question is whether or not we're willing to pay for him during the January window. Still some smoke around a Nolito bid, too. And the new rumour emerging today is that Arsenal and Man United could be in a bidding war for Mahrez during the upcoming window.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Mahrez said on French radio that he will not leave Leicester in the January transfer window. Ranieri has echoed that sentiment. He will stay a Fox this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Supposedly Arsenal likes Carvalho the most, but the question is whether or not we're willing to pay for him during the January window. Still some smoke around a Nolito bid, too. And the new rumour emerging today is that Arsenal and Man United could be in a bidding war for Mahrez during the upcoming window.
    Nolito is a really good player. Really good. I think odds are they chase Carvalho for his youth. But he will cost around 25 million I would bet. They need to spend though if they want to win the league and one more piece could do it. I love transfer drama

vCash
    Nolito is a really good player. Really good. I think odds are they chase Carvalho for his youth. But he will cost around 25 million I would bet. They need to spend though if they want to win the league and one more piece could do it. I love transfer drama
    Yep. It's potentially Christmas two more times a year. Or a complete disaster. Or a lot of talk with nothing to show.

vCash
    Great start to Boxing Day - with Stoke making Man U their bitch.

Can't decide what is more entertaining - the meltdown with Chelsea or the pending meltdown with the Red Devils. Man U looked like crap today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Great start to Boxing Day - with Stoke making Man U their bitch.

Can't decide what is more entertaining - the meltdown with Chelsea or the pending meltdown with the Red Devils. Man U looked like crap today.
    Van Gaal is done. Love seeing Man U in disarray. The only question left if how long do they wait to pull the trigger and if it's soon enough to get them into the Pep Sweepstakes.

vCash
    Liverpool 1 Leicester City 0. I never thought I would say this but that's a BIG win over Leicester for Liverpool.

vCash
    Liverpool 1 Leicester City 0. I never thought I would say this but that's a BIG win over Leicester for Liverpool.
    Reds are getting better every match. They look so much faster and more agressive. I hated seeing Origi go down, but Benteke really stepped up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Reds are getting better every match. They look so much faster and more agressive. I hated seeing Origi go down, but Benteke really stepped up.
    I don't know about every match, se last week, but they are getting better.

vCash
    United will fire LVG, eventually, but the problem is the roster. They have mid table talent and that's what they are playing like. Though you can blame some of that on him for buying some of those guys who turned out to be not very good (looking at you, Memphis depay).

Arsenal at southampton on NBC now, Arsenal can go to top of the table

vCash
    United will fire LVG, eventually, but the problem is the roster. They have mid table talent and that's what they are playing like. Though you can blame some of that on him for buying some of those guys who turned out to be not very good (looking at you, Memphis depay).

Arsenal at southampton on NBC now, Arsenal can go to top of the table
    Watching. Let's go, Gunners! Btw, the Sun is reporting Arsenal will offer ?33M for Sevilla midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak in the upcoming window. Don't know much about him. Dudy, you're more into La Liga, what's you're evaluation?

vCash
    Don't read the S#%. JUSTICE FOR THE 96.

vCash
    On the other hand not even me wearing my new Wembley Playoff Final tshirt Santa brought me yesterday could help my other team, Norwich City. They lost heavily at White Heart Lane. They remain out of the relegation zone, on goal difference only.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 12-26-2015 at 07:46 PM.