Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Watching Leicester and Chelski on NBC sports now. Do Leicester fans use some kind of artificial noise maker?
    I've got to say, Leicester was impressive. I really hope they can hold onto Mahrez and Vardy through the January window and maybe add a quality player to try to hold onto a Champions League spot.

On another note, I'm tired of seeing massive amounts of extra time added on when the big name teams aren't winning after 90' against a lesser team. That's the third time this season I've seen Chelsea get 5' of added time and the announcers question how they could possibly add that much time. I also noticed Liverpool got 8' against West Brom this weekend and of course tied the game in the 98th minute.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I've got to say, Leicester was impressive. I really hope they can hold onto Mahrez and Vardy through the January window and maybe add a quality player to try to hold onto a Champions League spot.

On another note, I'm tired of seeing massive amounts of extra time added on when the big name teams aren't winning after 90' against a lesser team. That's the third time this season I've seen Chelsea get 5' of added time and the announcers question how they could possibly add that much time. I also noticed Liverpool got 8' against West Brom this weekend and of course tied the game in the 98th minute.
    I agree. The 5' of stoppage time was absolute shit, but I'm still happy with the result.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Eh, I don't have a huge reason, I'm not really a massive fan of any club, even Newcastle (although they're sadly growing on me). I've never liked Real or Barca. I view them like the Yankees, Lakers, Alabama, etc. Although I guess the same argument can be made about Bayern. But I admire the German national team, so I guess I'm biased towards the German club with a ton of German national players. I also get the impression that they personify the German people as a whole, who I view as industrious and hard-working people, which is probably a silly and untrue reason to like a soccer team, but none the less.
    Completely understand as an American soccer fan ha. You've got to have some reason to pick a team if you don't have any connection. I only picked Real madrid bc i saw them play a preseason friendly and loved the style (sadly we've lost some of that style). Can't hate on people cheering for big clubs overseas bc we don't have any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Those 2 matches ought to be some entertaining football. I think The Gooners will take Barca.
    LOL not a chance. They fancy their style to be the barca of the premier league. They'll get waxed by the real one. No team in England has the class of barca/real/bayern right now. Not even close.

vCash

Well the Liverpool one was bc of a broken leg and about 5 minutes alone getting the guy off the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Well the Liverpool one was bc of a broken leg and about 5 minutes alone getting the guy off the field.
    It wasn't a broken leg (not because the Baggie didn't try to break it) but it took a LONG time to get him off the pitch. They thought it was broken. I think it was probably longer than 8 minutes so the 8 in stoppage time was fully warranted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    I'm calling a 2-1 Leicester victory on Monday vs Chelsea. Vardy and Mahrez with a goal each.
    Ref is Nostradamus! Freaking nailed it. I didn't get to watch, but got it on the DVR.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    LOL not a chance. They fancy their style to be the barca of the premier league. They'll get waxed by the real one. No team in England has the class of barca/real/bayern right now. Not even close.
    As someone coming around as an Arsenal fan, I agree. Barca is going to murder us. It sucks that my favorite La Liga team and Arsenal are meeting so early. I'm calling a Barca-Bayern UCL Final.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Ref is Nostradamus! Freaking nailed it. I didn't get to watch, but got it on the DVR.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It wasn't a broken leg (not because the Baggie didn't try to break it) but it took a LONG time to get him off the pitch. They thought it was broken. I think it was probably longer than 8 minutes so the 8 in stoppage time was fully warranted.
    Haha this is why I wasn't originally going to include Liverpool in my complaint, I didn't watch the game and just assumed. I know for a fact Chelsea has gotten an unwarranted 5 against Newcastle earlier and Leicester today and in another game against a lower team towards the beginning of the season. So I'm standing by the rest of it.

vCash
    Saw him down, just assumed. Was it Lovren?

vCash
    Saw him down, just assumed. Was it Lovren?
    Yes, knee joint damage but not as bad as first feared. He will be out about a month. That was a nasty tackle. I can't believe there wasn't a card. The guy got the ball and it was from the front but the studs up follow through was just vicious.

vCash
    The Special One was sacked this morning.

vCash
    The Special One was sacked this morning.
    Just woke up to that. Long time coming. Really curious who replaces him, but even more curious where he lands next. If I'm Inter, I go for him hard again. Just for entertainment ha.

Maybe Hazard will start playing better and Real will go through with buying him this summer.

vCash
    Lots of games on today. Bayern up 1-0 against Hannover on FS1 60th minute. United down 1 - 0 to Norwich at half (Liverpooldawg will be happy) and chelsea up 2-0 at home against Sunderland in their first game without mourinho. EPL games on USA and NBCSN respectively

vCash
    2-0 to Norwich. United are not very good

vCash
    Make it 2-1 Norwich leading.

3-1 Leicester over Everton right now. 2 penalties on Everton were drained by Mahrez.

vCash
    Leicester City defeats Everton 3-2 after a late push from the Toffees. Leicester City will be the kings of the Premier League for Christmas
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    ON THE BALL CITY! Norwich City 2 Manchester United 1. That's the first win at Old Trafford for the Canaries since 1989.

vCash
    The lack of talent on United is staggering given their payroll.

Newcastle Aston Villa on NBC now, just started. Battle of the bottom