Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Pretty meh, honestly. Arsenal had an early goal disallowed on a blown offsides call. After that, it was pretty sloppy on both sides. Not a great match to watch, sadly.
    Doesn't surprise me ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    At the library?
    English media actually.

vCash
    What I saw of it was pretty entertaining (mainly the first 15 and last 15 minutes). That seemed to be the verdict in the media I saw as well. I'm sure Reds enjoyed it more than Gooners. If it's a draw at Anfield that will be reversed.

vCash
    Man we look like crap today. Down 2-0 to West Ham at Anfield.

vCash
    That half was just really poor for the Reds. The final attacking third and at the very back were just horrible.

vCash
    Liverpool are still way short of firepower and creativity up front. Lovran reverted to his form of last year at the back. Disaster of a game but I can't say I haven't seen this coming. Other than at Arsenal Liverpool have looked pretty pedestrian.

vCash
    Haven't watched the game, although I've got it on DVR, but Arsenal desperately needs a striker. What's weird is that there has been zero talk about them trying to make a deadline move to upgrade. If they could add a big time striker, I think they'd be right in the hunt.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    West Ham hadn't won at Anfield since 1963. Terrible game from Liverpool. Just an awful performance in all facets of the game. 3-0 final.

vCash
    I take it back, apparently Arsenal have a couple of big targets. One guy at Napoli and another at PSG. Also lots of talk they may grab Draxler from Schalke.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I take it back, apparently Arsenal have a couple of big targets. One guy at Napoli and another at PSG. Also lots of talk they may grab Draxler from Schalke.
    Their top target was Benzema, he said no, and now they're making a big push for Cavanni

Buy if I'm them, I go for Abumeyang (close enough) and Lacazette. They fit the Arsenal style much better and are younger
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 08-29-2015 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Crazy say so far. Liverpool were awful. Chelsea losing at home to Palace (and another coach that starts with P). Watching everton Spurs now (and bayern on fs2). Everton game has been exciting, end ti end, but horribly sloppy. Really bad in the final third

Really excited to see Real at home today against Betis. 330 on Bein if you Jane that channel

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Leicester City traveled to AFC Bournemouth today....Christ that team is good and young. Sadly, I think we injured two of their players soooooooo....anyway. Bournemouth got a beautiful bicycle kick inside the box for their goal. I mean, I wasn't even mad when he made it against Kasper. It took us until about the 78' mark for us to equalize thanks to a Jamie Vardy PK after being taken down from the side inside the box. Silly penalty for the Bournemouth defender to get in that moment.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Transfer deadline day is today. Espnfc.com should have a good list of all transactions.

Yedlin, btw, just got sent on loan to Sunderland for the year.

And 17 United and 17 Flo Perez screwing up this De Gea deal.

vCash
    Leicester City has officially acquired winger Nathan Dyer on a season-long loan from Swansea City. I'm okay with this.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    My Leicester City Foxes didn't let the International break keep them from their lossless streak. We stayed in King Power Stadium for a game against Aston Villa, which ended with a 3-2 victory. We stay in the second slot on the table behind Manchester City, which holds a 4 point lead and a +7 Goal Differential to Leicester City. The Foxes will travel to Stoke City next week.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Ref, Leicester is looking very impressive. Dyer is a great add I loved him at Swansea. United game was wild. And how bad has chelsea been?

Tonight I'll be very anxious and pumped about the champions League getting started tomorrow at 1:45. With games on Espn, FS1 and 2, and local fox stations (Real Madrid vs Shakhtar on Fox sports south) it feels like Christmas eve

vCash
    Liverpool sucked once again. I'm not sure Rogers makes it to Boxing Day. At least Norwich won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Ref, Leicester is looking very impressive. Dyer is a great add I loved him at Swansea. United game was wild. And how bad has chelsea been?

Tonight I'll be very anxious and pumped about the champions League getting started tomorrow at 1:45. With games on Espn, FS1 and 2, and local fox stations (Real Madrid vs Shakhtar on Fox sports south) it feels like Christmas eve
    Leicester certainly has impressed early in the season, but we haven't played any of the big teams, save Tottenham. I'll be interested to see how we do against stiffer competition.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Liverpool sucked once again. I'm not sure Rogers makes it to Boxing Day. At least Norwich won.
    Only question is who would you want to replace him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    My Leicester City Foxes didn't let the International break keep them from their lossless streak. We stayed in King Power Stadium for a game against Aston Villa, which ended with a 3-2 victory. We stay in the second slot on the table behind Manchester City, which holds a 4 point lead and a +7 Goal Differential to Leicester City. The Foxes will travel to Stoke City next week.
    A little hint from a 20 year plus vet of following the EPL: You shouldn't refer to your team as the Leicester City Foxes in the same sentence. You should just say Leicester City. You could say the Foxes. You almost never hear an English association football team referred to by it's name and knickname together. Most teams rarely if ever use the knickname because for most it's entirely unofficial.