Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Arsenal's match and the Man City-Chelsea match tomorrow. Already got my DVR set so I can watch them tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll have to start following Liverpool now too.

Speaking of which, Liverpooldawg, what's the plan for Balotelli this season? When he's not being an idiot, he's a hell of a talented striker and really fun to watch. But I noticed Liverpool signed a big striker during the current transfer window, meaning they now have 3 for 2 spots. Lots of speculation Balotelli is on the outs.
    If Liverpool can get anyone to match his wage demands he is GONE. I agree with everything you said about his talent but he is the definition of a 16 million pound body and a tu'pence head. The latest speculation is that Liverpool may be willing to pay 25% to 30% of his wages just to get rid of him. I was fine with when we signed him. 16 million pounds for a striker of his obvious talent was a decent gamble but it is now an obviously lost gamble. Him being at Liverpool is also the perfect example of the "transfer committee" approach not working. The word is that he was signed despite Rodgers not wanting him. I would have still taken the chance. In today's market 16 million quid for him is a risk worth taking. To bad it didn't work out. Someday maybe the light will go on for him, maybe he and Liverpool will accept Sampdoria's (or whoever the current low ball offer is) offer and it will be there. When or if it does somebody is going to get a hell of a striker at a bargain price. I just wish it had been on Red Merseyside.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 08-16-2015 at 02:19 AM.