Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    Official confirmation on the Klopp hire.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...pp-appointment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The Coutinho rumor has been debunked by a guy at The Echo that almost always knows what he is talking about.
    For now. But I could see it changing again. What barca wants barca usually gets

vCash
    That's what the guy said, that there was no interest from Barca.

vCash
    Klopp in his first press conference: "I'm the Normal One." I don't know if he will win at Anfield or not but he won the press conference big time with that remark. It will make him an instant hit with the supporters.

vCash
    @liverpool what did you think. Watched the second half in bed hungover as hell and I'm damn surprised I didn't fall back asleep. Klopp is definitely an upgrade but the personnel I'm not sure about. Who will create and finish if you don't have sturridge? Not sure Benteke fits well even tho he's a stud. And where's firmino? Haven't really watched him since his move, is he just not playing well? I think you'll need a few transfer windows before anything truly changes.

Tho, to be fair as a madrid fan, I would probably trade Klopp for Rafa, so I think you're in good hands.

vCash
    I saw a small part of it before I left for Starkville. The attacking choices were really limited due to injury. It's hard to fairly judge that. What I did like was they looked like a team with an idea about what they were trying to do for the first time this year. The defense is WAY better even though there were really only 3 training days under the new regime. The team as a whole ran their socks off. THAT was a big improvement. A draw at in form Spurs was a pretty good result given where we had been. It's very early days but I was pleased. I'm more than a little mad that this wasn't done in the summer so it would have been Klopp and not Rogers on the transfers. With the schedule we drew to start the season the odds of Rogers surviving were all most nil, and everybody knew it.

vCash
    I got to watch the 2nd half of the Ruben Kazan game. Liverpool still don't have it at all in the final third without Sturridge. Playing against 10 they basically got long distance shots and half chances. The creativity isn't there and when it is the finishing is just woeful.

vCash
    Gotta say, Arsenal is looking pretty good right now. Beat Watford and Bayern Munich this week. Olivier Giroud got goals off the bench and Theo Walcott has gotten a few goals lately. It also helps that Alexis is finally going. But of course, as soon as he rounds into form, Wenger is talking about sitting him for rest. And Ramsey is out for a bit with a hammy. Still want to see them go all in on a striker during the January window, though. And they could probably use a couple of depth pieces.

Also, I really like Watford, Bournemouth, and Norwich City. They're all young and damn good. Hope like hell they can avoid relegation. If they stay up and Hull comes back up, I might have 4 small teams to follow. They're all fun to watch.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    It'll be tough, but perhaps not impossible, for Bournemouth to overcome that injury bug. Norwich and Watford may have a fighting chance to stay up though. Sunderland and Villa have been putrid so far.

vCash
    I see where the Chelski Youth Team beat Chelski 2-1. The Special One got sent off too. I was watching Norwich lose to West Brom. I wish I had watched the Hammers.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I can get used to seeing this....GO FOXES. Oh...and Jamie Vardy leads the Premiership with 10 goals thus far.

B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Pretty boring EPL weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanglyGiant View Post
    It'll be tough, but perhaps not impossible, for Bournemouth to overcome that injury bug. Norwich and Watford may have a fighting chance to stay up though. Sunderland and Villa and Newcastle have been putrid so far.
    Fixed

vCash
    Got around to watching the Arsenal-Everton match I DVR'd. Arsenal continues to play well. Giroud drew the start to rest Walcott and got another goal. Arsenal drained a beautiful free kick chance, but the Everton back line screwed Howard. He got caught in between because they were playing too deep. It was defense the rest of the way. It's nice to be nipping at Man City's heels for 1st after the dreadful start.

Going to be interesting to see if Wenger actually spends some cash in January for a legit striker. Walcott has played well, Giroud has been good off the bench, and Welbeck should be back sometime around the first of the year. Wenger seems to be the type that'll give the current group every chance instead of being ruthless and adding a piece. Wouldn't mind seeing them add a couple of new depth pieces, either.

I had the Manchester Derby DVR'd but I had a buddy save me from the misery of watching it. He told me to delete it because there were only two shots all game.

In other news, Hull City continues to be a good Championship side. They're currently sitting 2nd on the table with 7-4-2 record and 25 points. Brighton & Hove Albion is first with 29 points. Burnley is 3rd with 25 points, behind Hull on goal differential. Middlesbrough, Derby County, and Birmingham City round out the Championship top 6 with 24 points each. QPR is 10th, for those who followed them last season. Dudy, it'd be cool to see your Foxes bounce right back up to the Premiership. Kinda rooting for Birmingham City to be the 3rd team to earn promotion, although a tiny club like Derby County would be cool to see earn promotion.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Hey WMD, y'all beat Leicester City in PKs in Round 4 of the Capital One Cup. Congrats on your (5)1-1(4) victory
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Hey WMD, y'all beat Leicester City in PKs in Round 4 of the Capital One Cup. Congrats on your (5)1-1(4) victory
    Yeah, I noticed that. Hull is pretty solid. Who knows, maybe they can make a little noise. I'm actually surprised y'all didn't win, though. You've got the better GK. To me, that was Hull's biggest weakness last year, even with all the injuries. If they come back up, they really need to make a move to upgrade that situation if they want to stay up.

vCash
    Sheffield Wednesday continues to lay waste to the Premier League with their 3-0 win over Arsenal. That's two victims now, Newcastle being the other. Is it time to recognize them as the Premier League overlords yet?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that. Hull is pretty solid. Who knows, maybe they can make a little noise. I'm actually surprised y'all didn't win, though. You've got the better GK. To me, that was Hull's biggest weakness last year, even with all the injuries. If they come back up, they really need to make a move to upgrade that situation if they want to stay up.
    Kasper hasn't really been on his best game lately. Doesn't help that we don't have the best back line either on the wings.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING!

Loved that chant from the traveling Kop. It would be absolutely delightful if we put the the final nail in the coffin!

The Special One 1 The Normal One 3

vCash
    Leicester City surpassing expectations YET AGAIN with a 3-2 victory to claim the 3rd spot in the table. Of course, the goal with Ranieri is to reach the 40 point mark in the season (usually the mark for being safe from relegation). But I can't help but get wooly when our leading goal scorer has 11 goals this season thus far, which leads the Premiership.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner